Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So SD - what is up with JJ? Is his production so poor because the Kings aren't scoring much or is he playing poorly? He seems to get a decent amount of shots off, but other than that, I am having a hard time justifying his existence on my team in a one year league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    So SD - what is up with JJ? Is his production so poor because the Kings aren't scoring much or is he playing poorly? He seems to get a decent amount of shots off, but other than that, I am having a hard time justifying his existence on my team in a one year league.
    little bit of both. everyone on the roster has stunk it up offensively lately. plus JJ has a horrendus +/-. he makes bad decisions in his own zone.

I would hold onto him in a keeper - but I gotta think there are better options in a single year league.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I watch the Kings because Im in LA.
    Everybody says JJ plus minus is bad but I think they are just in a scoring drought. Doughty looks great the last few games as he is scoring.
    JJ I think looks fine. I wouldn't get rid of him yet unless the Sour Beer face coach does something to take him off the PP.
    Merry Christmas Shoe.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks guys - actually we play 6 D guys on 12 teams in this roto league, so there aren't that many options on the wire. I am presently sitting with 5 D including him - I'll give him another week or so to see if they can muster some offence.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gagne going on IR - looks like Loktionov will be skating with Richards & Lewis.

Based on today's morning skate, it appears that Andrei Loktionov will replace Simon Gagne as Mike Richards' left winger. Darryl Sutter didn't announce his starting goalie — "This isn’t baseball," he reminded a Chicago reporter — but Jonathan Quick was in the locker room first. Sutter also didn’t offer an update on Gagne. Here’s how the Kings are expected to line up.

Richardson-Kopitar-Brown
    Loktionov-Richards-Lewis
    Penner-Stoll-Williams
    Clifford-Fraser-Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
    Mitchell-Voynov
    Johnson-Greene

Quick
    Bernier

Dobber Sports Star

Think Loktionov steps up in Gagne's abscence?

I've been looking for a reason to drop Gags for a while and I picked up Loktionov hoping for a short term boost, but mostly looking ahead.

Does this guy really fit into the top six plans in LA?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Think Loktionov steps up in Gagne's abscence?

I've been looking for a reason to drop Gags for a while and I picked up Loktionov hoping for a short term boost, but mostly looking ahead.

Does this guy really fit into the top six plans in LA?
    Loktionov has serious skill, but a little undersized. He is a natural center, but LA has a boatload of centermen. They are giving him every opportunity to succeed, but so far he only has two pts (both assists) in 15 games this year. Then again, the entire roster went through a month long slump.

He is getting another chance to prove he belongs.

Dobber Sports Star

I just traded Getzlav for Kopitar , I hope Gagne out doesn't hurt him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Here's something unusual in today's NHL - a coach using the word "concussion".

Well, this is different… Darryl Sutter actually used the word “concussion’’ to described Simon Gagne’s…concussion. For three-plus years under Terry Murray, we were subjected to “upper-body injury’’ as a description of a player’s obvious head injury. I’m still not sure what that accomplished, but it’s nice to get a bit of transparency. Anyway, to the relevant matter, Gagne will miss his fourth consecutive game tonight and has been off the ice for a week. For a player with a long history of concussions, that’s not a good sign. Neither is the fact that Sutter was unable to offer any real update on Gagne’s progress.

SUTTER: “He’s got a concussion. You guys know the protocol just as well as I do. There’s progress, but it’s not really a daily thing. He will see the doctors again tonight at the game if he’s there. It was good to see him at the game (Saturday) and talk to him, because it happened right before we went on the trip and I didn’t get to see him. So it was just good to see him. There’s no medical update.’’

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Voynov update thanks to Kings Insider
    Darryl Sutter isn't exactly big on daily injury updates, so it's tough to say exactly how close Slava Voynov is to returning to the Kings' lineup. Voynov's status had been a bit in question for Saturday's game, but he played and took another big hit. Voynov didn't play Monday against Colorado and wasn't on the ice for the start of today's practice, but he did some conditioning skating and drills at the end. It doesn’t seem likely that Voynov will play tomorrow against Phoenix, but this was the extent of Sutter's update.

SUTTER: "He’s skating today, so that's progress, right?’"

Question: But probably not for tomorrow?

SUTTER: "It's pretty much got to be full practice before he'd be ready.’"

Dobber Sports Star

For Slava Voynov, there’s slow progress. For Simon Gagne, none. Gagne, who suffered a concussion in the Dec. 26 game against Phoenix, will miss a fifth consecutive game tonight and has not been on the ice. Darryl Sutter had no update on Gagne, who had been scheduled to see a doctor on Monday. “I haven’t spoken with him for two or three days,’’ Sutter said today.
    Slava Voynov did extensive post-practice conditioning skating but won’t play again tonight because of his upper-body injury. Sutter did leave open the possibility that Voynov might return to practice tomorrow. “He’s out there (skating) fine, and the next step is contact,’’ Sutter said. “If he’s pain-free today, maybe we can, hopefully, take the next step tomorrow.’’
    Sutter also noted that Voynov had talked about sore feet, after breaking in a new pair of skates, and joked that Voynov now also has a lower-body injury.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kings Insider

Kings prospects Thomas Hickey and Jeff Zatkoff were named to the American Hockey League All-Star Game, which will be played Jan. 30 in Atlantic City. Hickey, a defenseman, and Zatkoff, a goalie, will represent the Eastern Conference on behalf of the Manchester Monarchs, the Kings’ AHL affiliate.

Hickey, 22, was the Kings’ first-round pick (No. 4 overall) in 2007. He has one goal and 10 assists in 35 games this season and is tied for sixth in the AHL with a plus-15 rating. Zatkoff, 24, was a third-round pick of the Kings in 2006. This season, he has a 10-4-1 record and ranks third in the AHL with a 2.04 goals-against average and second with a .935 save percentage. This will be the first AHL All-Star appearance for both players, and neither has appeared in an NHL game.

The Monarchs, after a slow start, are in first place in the Atlantic Division with a 21-13-2 record. Marc-Andre Cliche leads the Monarchs with 11 goals and 21 points in 36 games.

Dobber Sports Star

I cant watch this team anymore. They are the most boring in the NHL .
    They have been winning 1-0 2-1 , no offense .
    Out of last 20 games all have been 2 goals or less.
    Last edited by Ballsakic; January 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Voynov is practicing, but still "day to day".

SUTTER: He’s full-contact practice. He's not on I.R., so anything other than that means day-to-day, right?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quick named to All Star team

All-Star Jonathan Quick was the first goalie off the ice, so he's the designated starter this morning. During the morning skate, Darryl Sutter announced Quick's All-Star selection to the team, and they tapped their sticks on the ice to congratulate him. The extra skaters this morning were Davis Drewiske, Alec Martinez and Kevin Westgarth, meaning Slava Voynov is on track to return in Martinez's place