Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey whats the take on Penner I just picked him up hoping as I have been reading that he has looked good so far and I am hoping that he is going to stick in the top 6 and hit that 60 pt mark again??? Whats your take??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Hey whats the take on Penner I just picked him up hoping as I have been reading that he has looked good so far and I am hoping that he is going to stick in the top 6 and hit that 60 pt mark again??? Whats your take??
    I think he will start clicking w/ Richards & Brown eventually. Not sure about 60 pts, I would think 50 (maybe 55). Even though Tery Murray had no problem dropping Penner to the 4th line in playoffs last year, the big difference so far this season is the effort. Penner is taking the body, forechecking, getting back on defense - all the things that Murray demands. Then again, Murray is addicted to shuffling his lines, so nothing would surprise me.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden Death View Post
    I think he will start clicking w/ Richards & Brown eventually. Not sure about 60 pts, I would think 50 (maybe 55). Even though Tery Murray had no problem dropping Penner to the 4th line in playoffs last year, the big difference so far this season is the effort. Penner is taking the body, forechecking, getting back on defense - all the things that Murray demands. Then again, Murray is addicted to shuffling his lines, so nothing would surprise me.
    Well I noticed the 19 PIMS and I and hoping that with this new found energy he has a new high in PIMs for the year!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

problem is, he picked up 17 of those minutes on one play (jumping Zac Rinaldo after the hit on Doughty). He earned some respect in the room for that move, but I doubt he will be dropping the gloves on a regular basis.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

via Kings Insider, Bernier in net tomorrow vs Devils, Doughty is doubtful.

Jonathan Bernier, not shutout-streak Jonthan Quick, will start in goal when the Kings host New Jersey tomorrow night. Terry Murray said he made that decision before Saturday's game and told Bernier, and Murray cited the tough recent schedule and the fact that the Kings have three conference games after tomorrow.

As for Drew Doughty, there was great encouragement about his effort today but he is unlikely to play tomorrow. Doughty hasn't yet been cleared for contact and said he would like to get in a couple regular practices, something Murray concurred with, saying he would point to the road trip for Doughty’s return.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden Death View Post
    problem is, he picked up 17 of those minutes on one play (jumping Zac Rinaldo after the hit on Doughty). He earned some respect in the room for that move, but I doubt he will be dropping the gloves on a regular basis.
    Oh I know that he is not a big PIM guy but was thinking maybe the toughness of M. Richards would rub off on him a bit LOL well regardless I dropped Rene Bourque for him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mayors Manor, has a piece today on Kings' prospect Michael Mersch.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I saw the Kings stink up Staples Center first hand last night. Turnovers, no intensity, major let down. I guess that can happen after three straight shutouts. It wouldn't have mattered which Jonathan was in net.

Terry Murray seems to have run out of patience with Dustin Penner. He was dropped to the bottom six in second half of the game. Brad Richardson took several shifts w/ Richards & Brown.

The real test will be how LA shows in Dallas tomorrow after laying such a big turd on the ice at home.

Dobber Sports Sage

You no more then I about the Kings that's for sure!!! but are you still convinced Voynov will be sent down once Drew is back? I noticed he lead the team TOI last night. Only asking because I have been getting a lot of offers for him last couple days, but if he is going to stick I think I want to keep him...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    You no more then I about the Kings that's for sure!!! but are you still convinced Voynov will be sent down once Drew is back? I noticed he lead the team TOI last night. Only asking because I have been getting a lot of offers for him last couple days, but if he is going to stick I think I want to keep him...
    He is basically getting Doughty's minutes / shifts / PP. Once Drew is back, someone has to go down to AHL. Martinez would definitely get claimed if exposed to waivers. Drewiske might clear, not sure, but he is the perfect 7th defenseman / healthy scratch option. No point in having Slava sit in the press bix every other game.

Since Voynov doesn't have to clear waivers, I think he's going down. But he has proven that he is ready. He will be up again with the next injury - or if team decides to move another D in a trade.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Parse will get a shot on 2nd line tonight, Penner dropped to 3rd line. Doughty cleared to practice, but will not play tonight.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
    Parse-Richards-Brown
    Penner-Stoll-Richardson
    Clifford-Lewis-Moreau

Dobber Sports Sage

Wanna bet a rep that he ain't going no were now
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Wanna bet a rep that he ain't going no were now
    He is making it hard to send him down, that's for sure. Lombardi has a tough decision of who he would expose to waivers though.... I would guess Drewiske.

Also, Parse goes from the press box to 2nd line w/ Mike Richards and scores a goal. I doubt Penner will get a sniff on that line soon.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looks like Slava Voynov will be headed back to Manchester tomorrow

Barring any late-minute setbacks, Drew Doughty is expected to be in the Kings' lineup tomorrow night against Phoenix, and the team will announce — perhaps not until tomorrow morning — that Slava Voynov will be assigned to Manchester of the AHL. Voynov practiced with the Kings today in case Doughty had any problems, but he didn't.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gagne is out tonight, I guess yesterday was more than just a "maintenance day" after all.

Penner will take his place on 1st line w/ Kopitar & Williams. Trent Hunter will get a start.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
    Parse-Richards-Brown
    Richardson-Stoll-Hunter
    Clifford-Lewis-Moreau

Drew Doughty will be back in the lineup, as expected, with Slava Voynov headed to Manchester.