Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 14 54 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

I wouldn't put much stock into yesterday's game. Outdoor games can be a gong show, and they overwhelmingly favour the away teams, who now sport a 14-4-1 record in them. I actually thought the Jets played an okay game, but Talbot was great, and the Oilers capitalized on a couple of mistakes. It looked to me like Buff's gaff was almost certainly due to the ice. He's one of the best at keeping pucks in the zone, but that puck was bouncing, and that wasn't the only play where guys were having trouble with the puck in that area of the ice.
    Hellebyuck wasn't bad, but it would be nice to see him stop one of those.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well, what the hell is happening with Winnipeg? Half way into Dallas game scoreless after that pitiful performance on Sunday! They better get their heads out of their you know what!!

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Deuces6 View Post
    Well, what the hell is happening with Winnipeg? Half way into Dallas game scoreless after that pitiful performance on Sunday! They better get their heads out of their you know what!!
    Have you been watching their games? They haven't really been playing poorly lately. Could be better, but they easily could have won their last couple.

i have been, something is not right in Jets land. Maurice needs to re-unite the top line with Ehlers back up there.

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Deuces6 View Post
    i have been, something is not right in Jets land. Maurice needs to re-unite the top line with Ehlers back up there.
    As much as I enjoy seeing Laine on the top line, Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler, were a dynamic trio.

Seems like the Jets are using the hybrid PP with Ehlers on the point...not a bad PP with those 4 forwards and Big Buff.
    14 Team | Keep 5 | H2H Weekly Lock
    Start: 2 x C, LW, RW | 4 x D | 1 x G

Scoring System:

+/- (0.5), G (3), A (2), PIM (0.25), PPG (1), PPA (1), SHG (2), ShG (1), BLK (0.1), HIT (0.1), GWG (1), HT (2)
    W (5), SHO (3), S (0.2), GA (-1), ShSv (0.2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Scheifele-Ehlers-Wheeler line was dynamite at the end of last year.

I know Laine is very good, but man...

I would give this line another try.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Master

Connor plays 5 mins today and is a -2 lol. Ooooh dear. Wonder if AHL isn't the best for him, to get some confidence going. He was nifty out there today, but obviously is going through some growing pains. Tough call as to what to do.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Connor plays 5 mins today and is a -2 lol. Ooooh dear. Wonder if AHL isn't the best for him, to get some confidence going. He was nifty out there today, but obviously is going through some growing pains. Tough call as to what to do.
    I certainly think he could use some seasoning with the Moose. I have little doubt that he'll be a stellar NHL'er, but the good (speed, offensive skill) isn't outweighing the bad (his defensive play). Once some injured players start coming back, I'd be surprised if Connor isn't one of the first to go down.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I really love watching this team.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    They are really fun to watch, yes. Ehlers is playing well, so is Laine. Wheeler is such a good goal scorer so I don't like his recent trend of passing up shots to make a pass.. He did that a handful of times yesterday where I thought he should have shot, but Scheifele looks like a beast and Buff looks lighter out there too.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

I dont get a lot of Jets games in my market, which is unfortunate because they are a very entertaining team to watch. I just added Adam Lowry because he has been a wrecking ball in multi-cat formats the past 15 days. Plays C but is listed as LW, which is great in FOW league. Currently ranked #8 overall LW in my scoring format. I know Perrault is down, so does Lowry have any chance at all of keeping this up, he is really filling all the columns as a top 6 guy lately and lots of PP time to boot. Connor was sent down, does this help him? Any of you Jets homers have some inside scoop on him?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    They are really fun to watch, yes. Ehlers is playing well, so is Laine. Wheeler is such a good goal scorer so I don't like his recent trend of passing up shots to make a pass.. He did that a handful of times yesterday where I thought he should have shot, but Scheifele looks like a beast and Buff looks lighter out there too.
    +1 to this. If Hellebuyck can play well consistently, this team could be VERY dangerous in the near future. Their offense is dynamic, their D is well-rounded and their goaltending can be great... If they can keep shaping their identity, I can see some very interesting things for this squad as early as this year!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I dont get a lot of Jets games in my market, which is unfortunate because they are a very entertaining team to watch. I just added Adam Lowry because he has been a wrecking ball in multi-cat formats the past 15 days. Plays C but is listed as LW, which is great in FOW league. Currently ranked #8 overall LW in my scoring format. I know Perrault is down, so does Lowry have any chance at all of keeping this up, he is really filling all the columns as a top 6 guy lately and lots of PP time to boot. Connor was sent down, does this help him? Any of you Jets homers have some inside scoop on him?
    I've pumped Lowry's tires around here in the past. I'm a believer. He had a real rough go of things last season, but it's very clear that he spent a tonne of time working on his game over the summer. He's far, far more comfortable and confident with the puck on his stick this season. I actually think he could have a handful more goals, were it not for some bad bounces.

It's impossible to know what will happen to the lines once injured bodies start coming back, but Lowry's making a great case for himself. I think Perreault is a far more effective winger than centerman, due to his size. I suspect Lowry will cement himself on the 3rd line, with PP duties, be it on PP1 or 2. I think he's got long-term potential to be a 35-40 point guy with fantastic peripherals. There's even a slight chance he has 2nd line center potential as a late bloomer with 50 point upside, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Dobber Sports Master

Hellboy with the golden goose egg. Heck yeah!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

We on fire boiiiiiiiiii!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..