Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Whatever Chevy can drum up for him. Should be teams lining up to trade a LD +
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Kind of a sad situation for the Jets. Trouba is such a fine player but becomes a victim of the depth game. Too bad this didn't happen when Hamonic wanted out, the 2 guys are of relative age and skill. Then again this ain't fantasy yeh ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Kind of a sad situation for the Jets. Trouba is such a fine player but becomes a victim of the depth game. Too bad this didn't happen when Hamonic wanted out, the 2 guys are of relative age and skill. Then again this ain't fantasy yeh ?
    I have a feeling Garth Snow wanted Trouba to have a contract before they made a deal.. I also think he was praying that Hamonic would pull his trade request off the table, which eventually did happen..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Whatever Chevy can drum up for him. Should be teams lining up to trade a LD +
    What would the flyers have to add to Samuel Morin to get him?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Anyone think Morrissey will step up in a major way, with this Trouba business going on? This is a massive opportunity for him, and it could mark the start of his NHL career. I'm hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Anyone think Morrissey will step up in a major way, with this Trouba business going on? This is a massive opportunity for him, and it could mark the start of his NHL career. I'm hopeful.
    I think he is going to try, but to be honest I'm just not sold on Morrisey yet.. I went to quite a few Moose games last season and wasn't impressed at all.. But you know they say about giving young defenseman time to hit their stride!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Morrissey has an opportunity to step up, a season or two ahead of schedule.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I have a feeling Garth Snow wanted Trouba to have a contract before they made a deal.. I also think he was praying that Hamonic would pull his trade request off the table, which eventually did happen..
    Yes an NBA established pattern of "sign and trade".

Timing is everything, especially in a trade market limited by cap concerns, talent, upside and which position the guys plays.

For the record I think the Islanders would have to clear space to sign and pay Trouba what he wants. With Hamonic and Boychuck as the RH defensemen on the club perhaps Trouba would be in a similar situation to that in Manitoba so that deal does not work out as far as he and his agent are concerned. Then again Boychuk is 33 years old with a huge cap hit until the 21-22 season so maybe a buyout is on the horizon at some point...
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Master

Kyle Connor is looking good in camp. The way Maurice reacted to the question about a top 6 spot or bust (AHL) for Connor, he certainly seemed to prefer to keep him on the team, even if it wasn't in the top 6. He has some good hands... Here's hoping!

update: link to the vid of Maurice (and highlights)

https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/connor...ns/c-282360808
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Top six is almost becoming a thing of the past for a lot of teams. Most are looking for top nine and a solid checking line for their 4th now. Even if he plays on the 3rd line to start, he could still have a decent year especially if he keeps clicking with Perreault.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah I agree. It's a copycat league too and that's pretty well what the Pens rolled with down the stretch and up to the Cup. Three lines that can score, with one of them being more of a shut-down style and one line of checkers... Here's hoping!
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

Connor looks fantastic. I think he'll stick with the team, and I believe he'll get his share of time on one of the PP units. His shot is excellent (so's his speed, for that matter), and he's lethal from under the circle on the right side.

Laine looks like he'll need some time to find and adjust his game to the NA style of hockey. I don't expect a fast start for him.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Connor looks fantastic. I think he'll stick with the team, and I believe he'll get his share of time on one of the PP units. His shot is excellent (so's his speed, for that matter), and he's lethal from under the circle on the right side.

Laine looks like he'll need some time to find and adjust his game to the NA style of hockey. I don't expect a fast start for him.
    I sure hope so. His shot is so lethal. That goal he scored against Minnesota.. you couldn't even see the puck. I like what I see so far and he doesn't seem to fazed with the physical play. He continues to make the play and doesn't bow out.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Pro

#NHLJets early line combos: Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler, Laine-Little-Armia, Connor-Perreault-Burmistrov, Tanev-Lowry-Thorburn, plus 4 in gold
    https://twitter.com/WiebeSunSports/s...03628036968448

Dobber Sports Genius

From Gary Lawless:

"Pavelec not playing for #nhljets tonight. IMO - something is afoot. Could be a trade, could be waivers. Played one game in 6 months. Curious"