Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

The Great One

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Thought it seemed odd as he always comes across as polished and would be surprised if he would just miss it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

Fun with numbers: Sun hockey writer Ken Wiebe looks at possible Winnipeg Jets line combinations http://dlvr.it/LtqwBk

https://twitter.com/winnipegsun/stat...33845011025924

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

No Connor? I know some Jets fans in my home-town who think this kid is a lock for a top 6 role this year... but with these projected lineups I find it hard to see him cracking the top 6 unless he shifts to wing instead of Stafford on Line 2.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    No Connor? I know some Jets fans in my home-town who think this kid is a lock for a top 6 role this year... but with these projected lineups I find it hard to see him cracking the top 6 unless he shifts to wing instead of Stafford on Line 2.
    They mention the not-so-remote possibility of Connor making the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    They mention the not-so-remote possibility of Connor making the top 6.
    They mention it as him being the 2nd line Centre instead of Little, or centering Laine to start Laine's career.... do you think he takes a top 2 centre role over Little or Scheifle?

Dobber Sports Expert

Scheifele will remain at C. Little could slide over to RW but I think that's a poor chance as he provides the Jets the best option at the faceoff dot in the top 6. If Connor cracks the top 6, look for him to play left wing. But overall, he would be best suited to start out as the #3C on the Jets and work on the faceoffs will keeping his natural position.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Scheifele will remain at C. Little could slide over to RW but I think that's a poor chance as he provides the Jets the best option at the faceoff dot in the top 6. If Connor cracks the top 6, look for him to play left wing. But overall, he would be best suited to start out as the #3C on the Jets and work on the faceoffs will keeping his natural position.
    I agree, although I'm not sure I'd personally put him at the centre position long-term. He's got great hands and speed, but he'll likely always be a bit slight of frame, so I'd like to see him on the wing. As for replacing Little, I agree, I don't see that as a wise move. Little's a great centre, and the best face-off man on the team, as you mention.

I don't see a problem with sticking Connor on the 3rd line for the first half of the season. I guess the Jets' top 9 is pretty deep, and there's nothing wrong with learning the pro game at the AHL level, but he can help the Jets now, in my opinion, so why put him in the AHL? No real harm done either way, but I'd love to see him crack the Jets lineup.

If Connor plays top 6 with the Jets, what are your expectations for Laine and Ehlers? Does one of them switch to RW?

Dobber Sports Expert

Laine is a RW naturally...he flipped to LW for the World Juniors when Pul was skating on the right side. Ehlers will stick at the left side imo. Stafford really doesn't belong in the top 6, so hypothetically speaking, if Connor cracks the top 6 I would see it like this:

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
    Connor-Scheifele-Laine

With a coin flip between Little & Scheif as to who is going to get top line duties. Little's better faceoff acumen at the moment would suggest to me he plays on the top line despite Scheif's successful run down the stretch of the 2015/16 season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Laine is a RW naturally...he flipped to LW for the World Juniors when Pul was skating on the right side. Ehlers will stick at the left side imo. Stafford really doesn't belong in the top 6, so hypothetically speaking, if Connor cracks the top 6 I would see it like this:

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
    Connor-Scheifele-Laine

With a coin flip between Little & Scheif as to who is going to get top line duties. Little's better faceoff acumen at the moment would suggest to me he plays on the top line despite Scheif's successful run down the stretch of the 2015/16 season.
    Laine is on record saying he prefers LW, FWIW.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Laine is on record saying he prefers LW, FWIW.
    Good to know. I haven't heard him state that. But what he prefers and where the coach slots him are two different things. If playing RW keeps Stafford in the bottom 6, thats a plus .

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
    Connor-Scheifele-Laine

Laine has been playing Left Wing mostly so far in his career. He played LW the entire season with Tappara in the Finnish league, he played LW at the WJC. He only played RW at the Worlds because there were too many LWs on the team. Laine's idol is Ovechkin, he wants to do everything like Ovie does.

I doubt Wheeler and Scheifele are separated after the success they had. One of the best duos in the league when they played together.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I doubt Wheeler and Scheifele are separated after the success they had. One of the best duos in the league when they played together.
    Scheifele also went down to train with Wheeler this summer. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I do think these two will be paired, and I'd bet that Ehlers sticks with them. These three are lethal together, with their speed (foot speed, hand speed, thinking and seeing the game at a high pace) and skill. I'd love to see Little center Laine and Connor. He'd be a great veteran to teach these kids the ropes, even if it's mostly by example on the ice.

Scheifele, Wheeler and Ehlers are going to be line #1.. Connor may get a handful of games, but I'm sorry but he will be in the AHL this coming season.. Bryan Little is one of the best players on this team and is the perfect centerman for Laine, especially in his first season!! Stafford or Perreault will be the right winger, flip a coin!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Novice

So.... Who are we getting for Trouba?