Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Buff trying to be "physical" cost the team so much more than any of their skill did. Constantly out of position, no discipline, bad penalties. Buff was great in the regular season. He was specifically very bad in the playoffs. His size didn't help anything in that series.
    I think Buff wanted it so bad he tried to do way too much and became frustrated. This guy has been a key contributor in the playoffs before with the Hawks, so he has a taste of what it takes to win. I definitely think he lost his cool. But if I'm the Jets, I let him take a Mulligan.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Buff trying to be "physical" cost the team so much more than any of their skill did. Constantly out of position, no discipline, bad penalties. Buff was great in the regular season. He was specifically very bad in the playoffs. His size didn't help anything in that series.
    i think it's stupid to trade byfuglien because of a disappointing 1st round exit but come on they had no chance against the ducks, who are arguably the cup favorites.

that being said, buff would get a pretty good return even though he only has a year left. whoever trades for him has to be sure they can re-sign him, so perhaps there might be a conditional pick involved in the deal. that also means the team has to have cap space and be willing to pony up at least 6M+ longterm for him.

philly does seem like the obvious choice. wpg would likely want a forward coming back...would brayden schenn be going the other way?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i think it's stupid to trade byfuglien because of a disappointing 1st round exit but come on they had no chance against the ducks, who are arguably the cup favorites.

that being said, buff would get a pretty good return even though he only has a year left. whoever trades for him has to be sure they can re-sign him, so perhaps there might be a conditional pick involved in the deal. that also means the team has to have cap space and be willing to pony up at least 6M+ longterm for him.

philly does seem like the obvious choice. wpg would likely want a forward coming back...would brayden schenn be going the other way?
    Why is Brayden Schenn always listed as a desirable trade chip? He's garbage. No no no. Couturier is much much better. Schenn is just garbage.

The other aspect of trading Buff is the contract. As a 30 year old, is Winnipeg willing to pay Buff $6.5-$7 mil or more to re-sign him. They aren't a cap team at all. And Buff made an impact for the Hawks in a much different role. He played as a 3rd line winger and net front presence on the PP. He's made it pretty clear he's not happy with that role.

Dobber Sports Legend

Why is Brayden Schenn always listed as a desirable trade chip? He's garbage.
    I think that's pretty extreme and rather inaccurate. I think it's fair to say, as of now, Schenn hasn't lived up to his full potential (and he might not) but he's definitely not garbage. He's a 23 year old who has scored 18 and 20 goals and close to 50 points. He also is versatile enough to float from C/W and plays in all situations. Not sure how that is garbage? Tough crowd!!

That said, I don't think he alone gets you Byfuglien, but if the Jets motivation for moving Buff is money, this is the base of a solid trade with a little add from the Flyers. Couturier is out of the question - no way the Flyers move him for a rover in his 30's - regardless of how badass Buff is (which he is!)
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I think that's pretty extreme and rather inaccurate. I think it's fair to say, as of now, Schenn hasn't lived up to his full potential (and he might not) but he's definitely not garbage. He's a 23 year old who has scored 18 and 20 goals and close to 50 points. He also is versatile enough to float from C/W and plays in all situations. Not sure how that is garbage? Tough crowd!!

That said, I don't think he alone gets you Byfuglien, but if the Jets motivation for moving Buff is money, this is the base of a solid trade with a little add from the Flyers. Couturier is out of the question - no way the Flyers move him for a rover in his 30's - regardless of how badass Buff is (which he is!)
    He's a below average 2nd liner based on talent and a below average 3rd liner based on skill set. That's not even a starting point for what would be easily Philly's best defenceman. Think of the return speculated for Phaneuf. Buff is better than "The Dion"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Why is Brayden Schenn always listed as a desirable trade chip? He's garbage. No no no. Couturier is much much better. Schenn is just garbage.

The other aspect of trading Buff is the contract. As a 30 year old, is Winnipeg willing to pay Buff $6.5-$7 mil or more to re-sign him. They aren't a cap team at all. And Buff made an impact for the Hawks in a much different role. He played as a 3rd line winger and net front presence on the PP. He's made it pretty clear he's not happy with that role.
    flyers would find a way to get cap to work if it meant getting byfuglien.

and i think schenn is more than fair return for byfuglien with 1 year left on his contract. if buff was signed long term i'd agree schenn isn't enough.

and considering the flyers wouldnt part with couturer for weber, i highly doubt they trade him, especially after his performance in the world tourney.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He's a below average 2nd liner based on talent and a below average 3rd liner based on skill set. That's not even a starting point for what would be easily Philly's best defenceman. Think of the return speculated for Phaneuf. Buff is better than "The Dion"
    phaneuf's return is no where near schenn's value unless the leafs take back a bad contract or retain salary.

and again buff is only signed for one year. he could just as easily hit FA looking for $$$. either conditional pick(s) are involved or i doubt we see much more than a good young forward being sent the other way.

phaneuf's return is no where near schenn's value unless the leafs take back a bad contract or retain salary.

and again buff is only signed for one year. he could just as easily hit FA looking for $$$. either conditional pick(s) are involved or i doubt we see much more than a good young forward being sent the other way.
    Then name a good young forward. Schenn isn't one.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Then name a good young forward. Schenn isn't one.
    he's no 1st liner but i can't see how you don't think he has 2nd line potential. there is no way Buff gets a 1st line fwd back in the deal unless the team trading for him knows they can sign him long term.

since couturier is not going to happen, who do you think is a fair return? doesnt have to be from philly.

byfuglien for o'reilly would be fun to see. both have one year left, both are going to get paid. i think wpg would need to add..

he's no 1st liner but i can't see how you don't think he has 2nd line potential. there is no way Buff gets a 1st line fwd back in the deal unless the team trading for him knows they can sign him long term.

since couturier is not going to happen, who do you think is a fair return? doesnt have to be from philly.

byfuglien for o'reilly would be fun to see. both have one year left, both are going to get paid. i think wpg would need to add..
    See. Buff for O'Reilly is fair, straight across IMO. O'Reilly is much better than Schenn. I don't think Buff gets a first liner in return. I just think Schenn is a below average second liner and Buff will get a an average to above average 2nd liner (O'Reilly being an above average second liner).

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Byfuglien only wanted close to $6 million then this would be an easy signing.. Byfuglien's camp has been rumored to be seeking a long term deal worth $7.5 to $8.0 per..

The Jets don't want to sign Byfuglien to that kind of money for that much term.. Pretty sure the Jets would pay big for shorter term, but Byfuglien knows this could be his last big contract..

I think Winnipeg and Columbus come together to make a splash.. Wennberg/Rychel, a prospect and a 1st rounder would probably do it!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

For anyone that's interested and is able to watch, the Jets' prospect development scrum is available to watch online. I've never known the Jets to do this (make it available to watch online), but maybe other teams do from time to time. It's happening right now (10:30 am CST).

Anyway, here's a link:

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...1407&id=831862

Dobber Sports Star

Ehlers has really good speed from what I've seen so far vs. the Sens.

The Great One

In the games I saw him in live, his defensive awareness was awful. Granted, that's based on a very, very small sample. I don't think there are any concerns with his offense!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    In the games I saw him in live, his defensive awareness was awful. Granted, that's based on a very, very small sample. I don't think there are any concerns with his offense!
    I think most kids are average at best defensively. But defence you can learn.

But if he's really bad like you say, that could hurt his chances of making the team or lower his TOI.