Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

After being very durable in his first few seasons, Enstrom has been having a lot of issues in recent years.

@FriedgeHNIC: RT @NHLJets: #NHLJets defencemen Toby Enstrom and Adam Pardy each undergo successful shoulder surgery. >> http://t.co/mpDBFrHSEH/s/5jbr
    Per twitter.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It was a success??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

"Success" as in they didn't completely botch the procedure. The term when used in relation to a surgery could be misleading and generally isn't relevant to recovery.

Dobber Sports Genius

As smart and skilled a player as Enstrom is, I'd be okay with the Jets trading him. He's just far too small. He can get by in the regular season, for the most part, but he was completely ineffectual against the Ducks, and it was a major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    As smart and skilled a player as Enstrom is, I'd be okay with the Jets trading him. He's just far too small. He can get by in the regular season, for the most part, but he was completely ineffectual against the Ducks, and it was a major problem.
    I think Enstrom is heading to Detroit this summer.. B.Smith and a pick come back the other way!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I think Enstrom is heading to Detroit this summer.. B.Smith and a pick come back the other way!!
    That doesn't make much sense. Brendan Smith is at least equal to Enstrom at this point in their careers, and Smith is much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That doesn't make much sense. Brendan Smith is at least equal to Enstrom at this point in their careers, and Smith is much younger.
    I guess you are unaware of how Babcock feels about Enstrom.. Babcock was noted saying that Enstrom is a "franchise defenseman".. Babcock seems to have a crush on Enstrom.. Detroit needs a puck moving defenseman.. So it kinda does make sense my friend!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wouldn't be unhappy if Jets moved Enstrom, this is his highest value moving forward in the trade market. Jets have Josh Morrisey coming up - may need a year in the AHL - to replace him, so a good opportunity to acquire more assets. Jets are starting to get some depth on D now.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Enstrom traded to the Wings but I don't think it would be Smith coming back. I think the Jets would want a young forward - Jurco, Larkin, Pulkkinen, etc. Morrissey could definitely step in as a 3rd pairing D next year and learn a bit on the job. Byfuglien, Myers and Trouba give the Peg a legit Big 3 and they have depth at the position.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Enstrom traded to the Wings but I don't think it would be Smith coming back. I think the Jets would want a young forward - Jurco, Larkin, Pulkkinen, etc. Morrissey could definitely step in as a 3rd pairing D next year and learn a bit on the job. Byfuglien, Myers and Trouba give the Peg a legit Big 3 and they have depth at the position.
    Buff will be traded this offseason. Bank it.

Dobber Sports Legend

Buff will be traded this offseason. Bank it.
    Whoa? Why do you think that? It seemed apparent to me that Buff became a main leader for the Jets and by all indications he is beloved by Maurice and his teammates. He also brings a very dominant and unique skill set to the table. What makes you think he'll be traded?
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Whoa? Why do you think that? It seemed apparent to me that Buff became a main leader for the Jets and by all indications he is beloved by Maurice and his teammates. He also brings a very dominant and unique skill set to the table. What makes you think he'll be traded?
    Expiring contract, cost his team too much in the playoffs, and simply when he was suspended they did it without him. He's too high risk/reward for a team like the Jets.

Dobber Sports Legend

Expiring contract, cost his team too much in the playoffs, and simply when he was suspended they did it without him. He's too high risk/reward for a team like the Jets.
    Interesting take! Well, in that case, I hope the Flyers are all over this.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Genius

There's a very real danger in this team quickly becoming a little too small and soft. They gained a pile of skill in the Kane/Bogo deal, but they lost a pile of grit, too. Take Buff away and insert Morrissey, and then start plugging in forwards like Ehlers and Petan, and suddenly this team isn't so brutal on opponents. Have a look at what Anaheim is doing in these playoffs. That's the kind of physicality that the Jets were able to deliver this past season. Remove Buff and they might become a better, more well rounded regular season team, but they'll lose a big edge in physicality for the playoffs.

I know they're unnecessarily deep on the right side, but I'd much sooner lose Enstrom than Buff, and it's all about that physicality. I trust Chevy to make the right move, but I sure hope this team doesn't begin getting smaller and softer. They could use a more skill, but if the Jets bring back Stafford and insert Ehlers, along with Scheifele, Trouba and Lowry's development, they'll have that skill.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    There's a very real danger in this team quickly becoming a little too small and soft. They gained a pile of skill in the Kane/Bogo deal, but they lost a pile of grit, too. Take Buff away and insert Morrissey, and then start plugging in forwards like Ehlers and Petan, and suddenly this team isn't so brutal on opponents. Have a look at what Anaheim is doing in these playoffs. That's the kind of physicality that the Jets were able to deliver this past season. Remove Buff and they might become a better, more well rounded regular season team, but they'll lose a big edge in physicality for the playoffs.

I know they're unnecessarily deep on the right side, but I'd much sooner lose Enstrom than Buff, and it's all about that physicality. I trust Chevy to make the right move, but I sure hope this team doesn't begin getting smaller and softer. They could use a more skill, but if the Jets bring back Stafford and insert Ehlers, along with Scheifele, Trouba and Lowry's development, they'll have that skill.
    Buff trying to be "physical" cost the team so much more than any of their skill did. Constantly out of position, no discipline, bad penalties. Buff was great in the regular season. He was specifically very bad in the playoffs. His size didn't help anything in that series.