Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Initiate

Little's 5-year deal for a little under $5M a year. Did anyone else think that was too much? What does that say about negotiations with Bogosian and Wheeler? (Am I late? Did either sign yet?)

Little's 5-year deal at that hit suggests to me that he'll remain first line, and remain tradeable. He's 2nd line almost anywhere else, but those guys are hard to get when push comes to shove.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I was almost ready to have Burmistrov's name and number sewed on my heretofore blank jersey. I'm sorry to see him go - he had talent and usually played how he was told. He got late minutes, and minutes in all situations. I was looking forward to seeing him develop. I think the Jets lost a good resource there.

I still own Postma and Trouba (I'm no Homer) and, accidentally, Frolik. All keepers.

This team has too much local and regional support to win immediately. There will be several, if not many, years of rebuilding here before we try to dynasty for a while...

My 2 cents, worth less...

Dobber Sports Icon

So Bogosian and Wheeler get signed to big-time deals.

Interesting GM Cheveldayoff press conference here: bit.ly/1e6WA2H

Blake Wheeler interview here, there is a portion that is unfortunatley not on the audio where he mentions that he recently saw Byfuglien in Minnesota and says Byfuglien will surprise lots of people and be a "bigtime player" this year:
    http://bit.ly/177yKzY

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Stud

Is Pavelec the Jets' Franchise Goalie? Here's my take on it, Pavelec owners.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ie-of-the-jets
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure if this has been addressed earlier in the thread (apologies if it is) but does anyone see Evander Kane on PP1? PPP is the one stat that he is really missing to date.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Not sure if this has been addressed earlier in the thread (apologies if it is) but does anyone see Evander Kane on PP1? PPP is the one stat that he is really missing to date.

Cheers.
    I just don't think he'll be on the PP1 because of Ladd-Little-Wheeler.

If they struggle though, Noel doesn't shy from changes. I think the Jets will split the PP time pretty evenly though.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    I just don't think he'll be on the PP1 because of Ladd-Little-Wheeler.

If they struggle though, Noel doesn't shy from changes. I think the Jets will split the PP time pretty evenly though.
    Thanks ASF - that was generally my hunch as well.

Dobber Sports Stud

If you didn't catch my post in the general prospects discussion, I'll post again here.

Today, I wrote up my latest edition of the Jets top 10 prospects.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...sing-prospects

If anyone has a question about the list, feel free to ask here. I welcome all Jets prospect discussions!
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Icon

Where is Alex Burmistrov on this list of top prospects? Even though he likely will never pay another game for the Jets, he should still be considered one of their top prospects as his KHL contract will expire when he is only 23 years old.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Burmistrov is no longer a prospect as he has played 194 games in the NHL.
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

JC Lipon and Brenden Kitchon have both signed ELC's with the team. Both will probably play in the AHL this year, so this should be a boost to a St. Johns team that had horrible offence last year.
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Monster

Rest easy and breathe folks. E. Kane left tonight's game in the 3rd period simply due to stomach cramps. No injury.

Dobber Sports Monster

Scott Brown ‏@BrownScottTN 5m

#NHLJets agree to terms with GM Kevin Cheveldayoff on a contract extension

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm back and ready for another great season of hockey!

The Jets are in action tomorrow nigh in Edmonton.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Pretty quiet on this page for a while now.

Here are some quick hits (I won't have time to post everything, so anyone, feel free to fill in blanks, and please pardon any spelling/grammar issues, as I am rushed):

Jets defense is looking like:

Byfuglien - Clitsome
    Enstrom - Bogosian
    Stuart - Trouba
    Pardy

Redmond is back in St. John's, with Postma being on the roster as the 8th d-man. I'm sure Redmond will get some looks this season, as injuries are bound to happen on the back end.

Postma looked so so in the pre-season. Quite a few defensive lapses. He's on that one-way deal, so he'll stay up with the big club. I'm sure he'll get a decent number of games in, but it appears that Pardy is the 7th defenseman for the time being.

Trouba has changed his number from 3 to 8, snapping up Burmistrov's old number.

Telegin has been suspended by the team for not reporting to St. John's. Do we have another Burmistrov on our hands? Wouldn't surprise me, but I don't know the details.

I went to a couple pre-season games (Wild and Bruins). Here are some thoughts based on those games and the other pre-season matches (purely my opinions from what I've seen):

I thought Morrissey looked phenomenal. I don't know when he'll become fantasy relevant, but I'm very excited to see him in a Jets uniform in a year or two. His skating and hockey IQ are tremendous.

After one shaky first game, Trouba looks fantastic. Very poised in his own end, good wheels, a nice first pass and a good knack for getting his shots on goal. I don't see him working his way into the top 4 this season, because Clitsome has looked very reliable, but the future is bright for Trouba, and some PP2 time at some point this season wouldn't surprise me. Of course, injuries could throw him into a top 4, PP2 role.

Buff looks good. He still made the odd poor defensive play, but he looks on point, and at worst he looks as good as he did last year, which is a good sign. He'll put up strong numbers again.

Scheifele looks ready for the NHL. He's capable of winning some battles on the boards, he's got a great stick for keeping the play alive in the offensive zone, and while he could still use a bit more balance on his skates, he's capable of handling the physical game of the NHL. Noel seems to want to force Scheifele into a 3rd line role (we'll know soon enough), but it wouldn't surprise me if Scheifele won that 2nd line gig at some point this season. He's got to earn the coach's trust, and he'll do that by finishing checks, playing solid D, and winning a respectable % of face-offs.

Adam Lowry looks very good, but he was injured for much of the pre-season. He was headed to St. John's anyway, but his development couldn't be going better.

Eric O'Dell could get the odd call-up this season. He had a strong season in St. John's last year on a poor team, and he looked good in camp.

Setoguchi has looked just okay, but he does look comfortable on that line with Kane, and they showed glimpses of good chemistry.

Frolik looks great. Not sure how much production he'll garner this season, but I get the feeling that the coach likes his game (all over the ice) a lot, so we'll see. He's sure to play with either Jokinen or Scheifele, so that's not too bad.

Jokinen has looked down right awful. For all his talk of shedding pounds and stepping up his game, none of that was on display in the pre-season, in my opinion. I hope he turns things around, but I'm worried that last year's Jokinen is the future Jokinen we're going to get. It'll be hard for the team to make the playoffs if that's the case.

It concerns me a bit how much faith Noel has in Wright's game. Wright seems like a 4th liner, but it looks like he'll be pushed onto that 3rd line. Maybe that's to offset the defensive learning curve for Scheifele in his own end?

Here's what looks to me to be the starting forward lines (although Noel likes to mess with them a lot):

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
    Kane-Jokinen-Setoguchi
    Wright-Scheifele-Frolik
    Tangradi-Slater-Halischuk
    Thorburn
    Peluso

Something along those lines.

The penalty kill has looked very good, and it seems that the addition of Frolik will help a great deal.

The PP is another matter. The early goings in the pre-season has not looked great. I don't see a reasonable excuse, considering the guys they've got on the back end. Ladd's a great presence in front of the net, too. The only thing they lack, in my opinion is a strong possession player along the boards, but we'll see.

Of course, all of this is based on pre-season observations. Hard to judge a whole lot based on that. The true test is coming right up!

Anyway, gotta run. Would love to hear others' thoughts!
    Last edited by CascadeFilly; September 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think Enstrom and Buff will be a pair. At least that's what I want to see. Clitsome is on IR so Pardy will be in for him tonight.

At forward, I want Scheifele starting the season on the 2nd line over Jokinen. And I'm not sure if it was confirmed or not, but I believe Thorburn is getting the nod on the 4th line over Halischuk which I can't argue with since it's the 4th line.
    Go Jets Go