Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

The draft is just a week away. It's that time of the year again!

My initial thoughts at 13-- Max Domi. Hopefully he is there. If he isn't there's still other great options that will be there. Should be an interesting draft.

Don't forget the Jets have 3 second rd picks and 2 third rd picks.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    The draft is just a week away. It's that time of the year again!

My initial thoughts at 13-- Max Domi. Hopefully he is there. If he isn't there's still other great options that will be there. Should be an interesting draft.

Don't forget the Jets have 3 second rd picks and 2 third rd picks.
    I'd certainly be happy with Domi. I wonder if the Jets would select him, if available. He's a small-ish player, and the Jets have deliberately selected big players thus far. Domi's skill-set is hard to come by, though, so I would hope they'd snap him up. He's certainly got the pedigree and a thicker frame than most guys his height.

It's encouraging to hear that both Scheifele and Trouba are training under Gary Roberts' program. Hopefully they can bulk up and be strong and ready for an NHL season. Right now it's hard to imagine these two not making the big club.

Will Burmistrov remain a Jet after draft day? I wonder if any trades are in store for the Jets.

Dobber Sports Stud

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ssey-selection

My thoughts on the Morrissey pick. It's grown on me.

-------

I also LOVE the Petan and Comrie second round selections. I'll have to write something up on them within' the week. The Jets had a pretty solid draft IMO.

-------

I also love the Frolik trade. He will have a bigger role with the Jets. That 20+ goal potential is there again.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Chevy got Clitsome under contract for 3 years, 6.2 total giving him a decent cap hit of just over 2 million a year. They would have been very weak on left shooting defense men if they had let both him and Hainsey walk. He played well for them and got rewarded. Now let's work on Bogosian, Wheeler and Little...
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DonKarnage View Post
    Chevy got Clitsome under contract for 3 years, 6.2 total giving him a decent cap hit of just over 2 million a year. They would have been very weak on left shooting defense men if they had let both him and Hainsey walk. He played well for them and got rewarded. Now let's work on Bogosian, Wheeler and Little...
    Good signing. Clitsome was great for the Jets in the latter half of the season, and Winnipeg is a good fit for Clitsome.

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyone think the Jets do anything tomorrow or in free agency in general? I don't. Or I don't see them doing much.

It's even difficult for me to round down players I'd take. Most free agents are old and aren't needed.

I'd like a younger skilled forward maybe someone like Raymond.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Anyone think the Jets do anything tomorrow or in free agency in general? I don't. Or I don't see them doing much.

It's even difficult for me to round down players I'd take. Most free agents are old and aren't needed.

I'd like a younger skilled forward maybe someone like Raymond.
    I suspect that they will do something, but not a whole lot, and I can't see them signing a long-term, pricey player.

I wouldn't mind seeing them sign Michael Ryder to a deal. I've liked his game the last couple seasons. He's an effective winger, and he'd give the Jets the top six guy that they need. That's what I'm hoping for. Not sure how realistic that is, but that's the level of signing that I'd like to see.

Dobber Sports Genius

Well, so far this coming season the Jets are losing Antropov, Wellwood and Miettinen, and they're adding Setoguchi, Frolik and Scheifele. Not sure that that makes us a playoff team (okay, it probably doesn't), but I'll take that swap any day of the week. Nothing drastic, but definitely more speed and more firepower.

The problem will be on the back end. Trouba will be a nice addition, but he's 19 years old. Hard to know what he'll be able to handle right out of the gate. The team will be losing Hainsey, and there really isn't anyone to take that spot on the team. Redmond is likely to make the roster, but hopefully Chevy doesn't expect to fill holes solely with these young kids. I wouldn't mind seeing a trade involving a strong, stay at home defensemen, but I don't know that there are many of those out there, and I don't know what the Jets would have to offer, really.

The team picked up Adam Pardy today, signing him to a one year deal worth 600K. He's got size, but he's never played a full season, and he tends to be entrusted with around 16 minutes of ice-time. Maybe insurance, in case this is the best they can do without giving up too much.

Dobber Sports Stud

My final take on Burmistrov... if anyone's interested.

Who to Blame for Alex Burmistrov Leaving for the KHL

"I played last year for 80 dollars when I could have made a lot more back home. I'm never going to play in the KHL, except maybe when I'm really old -- like Jaromir Jagr."

---

To sum it up, blame goes all around. The Thrashers, the Jets, and Burmistrov himself. I don't think he'll ever play for this franchise again.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Time to retire this thread

and open a new one in the Western Conference.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Rad64 View Post
    and open a new one in the Western Conference.
    Or just have a moderator move it?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Genius

Tangradi (2 years, $1.35M @ $650K + $700K per) & Cormier have been re-signed.

We should see the big RFA's re-signed soon-ish. There's still at least a week and a half (more, in some cases) before any of them are up for arbitration.

Dobber Sports Stud

My piece on the RFAs from yesterday and how the Jets could potentially get burned from them filing for arbitration. Wheeler especially...

Salary Arbitration Could Burn Jets

Basically, if Wheeler signs a one-year deal through arbitration, he'll be a UFA next summer. And if the Jets can't even sign him now, how will they do so next year? Trouble is brewing. The Jets need to get a long-term deal done before the arbitration hearing. There's going to be a huge backlash on the management, especially Chevy, if we lose Wheeler next year. Like you're fired type of backlash.

Tangradi, the least important of the RFAs has re-signed a two-year deal. He'll be a regular 4th-liner. I guess this is a good move for the bottom 6. He is extremely slow, but he gives it 100% effort. I like him for the bottom 6.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; July 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thread has been moved to Western Conference section.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the move. Good to finally be in the West...

None of the big guns are yet signed, but Postma with a 2 year one way at 650/775 and Redmond with a 1 year two way at 715. Decent value for guys who will need to prove themselves. Their depth on defence has been tested mightily over the past two seasons. I'll be particularily interested in what Redmond can do after that leg injury.

I hope Wheeler and Bogosian get locked up long term soon. Little is less of a concern to me, as a max two year arbitration award would be fine. Scheifele will be the #1 in that time, so no need to break the bank on a future #2
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie