Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets 4 Hurricanes 3

It felt like Tampa Bay game all over again. The Jets had a two-goal third period lead but blew it late in the game. It went to overtime, but Byfuglien ended it on 2-on-1 off a rebound shot from the initial Ladd shot.

Jets get the much needed two points and are now on a five game winning streak. Four games left, two points back of Washington for division lead, same amount of points as Rangers for 8th except they have the game in hand.

Jets will finish their six game homestand on Saturday as they face the Islanders. This is without a doubt, a playoff-like showdown. It will feel like a playoff game. The Jets have to get up for it because two points are needed.

Andrew Ladd has been playing like a true captain. During the five game winning streak, Ladd has 11 pts. He has posted back to back 3 pt games. Truly leading the Jets.

Pavelec has also been spectacular. He made a save which will be shown on highlight reels for a long time. He was brilliant.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Genius

Big win, but an effort like that won't go far against the Islanders. Let's hope the Jets step it up on Saturday.

I agree, Pavelec was sensational tonight.

Byfuglien was a terror with the hits tonight. I've never seen him play such a physical game.

Three goals from defensemen tonight, and Bogosian has quietly notched 6 points in his last 3 games. He seems to be going on a late season tear, just like last season. If he can stay healthy next season we should see a career year from him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Can't really complain about effort outside of the first 30 minutes... but the Jets fell in a shootout. I'd rather lose in OT then a fake sports competition. What a joke.

Jets had many chances to win it in OT. The Visnovsky save was just an example of how unlucky the Jets are overall. Posts, crossbars, bounces, bad officiating... the Jets have to be the most unlucky team in sports.

I can't really comment on the shootout as it's fake to me. Win or lose, the shootout blows.

Only thing Jets can do now is cheer on the Habs tonight.

Go Habs Go
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Pretty solid effort by the Jets. I agree, the officiating has been atrocious, and the team's been hitting far too many posts and crossbars of late.

A tiny bit sharper in the defensive zone and the Jets would have picked up the win. They still suffer from brain cramps that end up in the back of the net, and those are hard to watch.

At any rate, good on them for picking up the point in a difficult game.

Bogosian, who again looked great and picked up a goal (giving him 7 points in his last 4 games), missed the latter part of the game. He got elbowed in the jaw by Okposo; a play that should get reviewed by the league. No penalty on the play, of course. Hopefully Bogo's good to go next game.

Go Habs, Go!!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Jets on the podcast

We talk Jets this week on the NHL Playoff Matchup part of the podcast this week.

www.thefantasyfootballauction.com/podcast

I know it says football, but we are from NW Ontario - so hockey is in the blood

The Magnificent One

will antropov be back this week? is he even worth holding onto for next year? my league counts FOW's and I traded for him at the deadline in hopes he would provide a handful of FOW a week. don't need much else really.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    will antropov be back this week? is he even worth holding onto for next year? my league counts FOW's and I traded for him at the deadline in hopes he would provide a handful of FOW a week. don't need much else really.
    Antropov is in tonight. Replacing Wellwood on the 2nd line.

I see Antropov on another team next season. It is unlikely the Jets bring him back.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Pro

Default HUGE game tonight for the Jets in Washington!!

Win tonight and the Jets vault into 3rd, 1st place in the South-East. They would also be ahead of Ottawa by a point. (I assume the Rangers will pound the Panthers tonight which could lock up a spot for them)

That would make for another huge matchup with Ottawa-Washington.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Rad64 View Post
    Antropov is in tonight. Replacing Wellwood on the 2nd line.

I see Antropov on another team next season. It is unlikely the Jets bring him back.
    thanxs. ofcourse the one night I cant play him. full lineup already had to drop a forward.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

This is it..... I'm so nervous.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

That'll do it. The Jets had a good run, but they come up short.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Immortal

Damn....tough luck for the Jets. Pavelec played amazing down the stretch as did their top line....

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Damn....tough luck for the Jets. Pavelec played amazing down the stretch as did their top line....
    Agreed, although Pavs let in a few soft goals in the final two games, which really hurt.

A decent season for the team, overall. Plenty to work on, though. Consistency, team defense, and special teams have to be better next season. Depth needs to be addressed by Chevy in the off-season, and hopefully the Jets have better luck with injuries in the future, particularly on the back end.

That said, a lot of players made necessary steps forward in their progression. Ladd looked fantastic all season long (he really, really surprised and impressed me), as did Wheeler. Little didn't wow with huge production, but he is an underrated hockey player who fits in perfectly with Ladd and Wheeler. Kane, although he didn't have a major breakout, looked like a more complete player by far this season, and the sky is the limit for him, especially if he gets some help with linemates. Burmistrov showed progression in the latter half/third of the season. Bogosian looked amazing, and is already the team's most complete defenseman, at the ripe age of 22. He's already a stud, and to think he's only getting better. Pavelec was more consistent this season, but still needs take another step forward next season.

Buff needs to sharpen up in his own end. As good as he is on offense, he really hurts this team sometimes. He looked fantastic for the first dozen games, and then was very hit and miss from then on. Not good enough.

Jokinen was a huge bust, and I hope he's got more in him than he showed this season.

I think this team will look a good bit different next season. Hainsey will be gone, quite possibly Antropov, too, and a trade or two in the off-season wouldn't shock me.

It'll be interesting to see if Trouba and Scheifele make the team next season. Can't wait to see these two round out into solid NHLers. I'll be keeping a close eye on Scheifele's strong post-season with the Colts (8g, 24p in 12gp so far). It would be great to see him win a championship in the OHL to wrap up his junior career.

It'll be a looong wait for next season. This short season was too short!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Disappointing to not make the playoffs but remember that almost everyone had the Jets pegged for the 14th or 15th spot in the east. Lets see if Chevy makes big move or two. It will be nice to see Trouba, Scheifele and Lowry have a real shot at the team next season

BYE BYE HAINSEY AND ANTROPOV!!
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Mark Scheifele is making the OHL playoffs his b****. 39 points in 18 games with 10 points in his past two. The last game he scored 4 in the final period to come from behind. One more win and we will get to watch him play in the Memorial Cup tourney.

I'm excited to see what he looks like in next years training camp. He's not guaranteed a spot, but he will push hard for it.
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie