Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

Hopefully they trade Byfuglien, too. He plays with no effort and doesn't want to be in Winnipeg anymore. I didn't think it was possible, but he's 10x worse as a forward. He was idle 99% of the time on ice tonight. No care at all.

Burmistrov was ruined by Noel. Noel has been ruining a lot of things. Jets fans know what I'm talking about. #NoelLogic
    I don't think trading him is necessary though. How can he do anything playing with scrubs on the 4th line? People bitch at his production, but he won't do anything with Thorburn on his wing.

The Jets choked again in Montreal tonight. No effort, no anything. Sadly, I can't even properly recap a game anymore on here because they would all sound the same. All you need to know is the Jets suck. And thankfully, the Caps take over first place. It was becoming an embarrassment looking at the standings and seeing the Jets as the third seed every day.

It's not too late to get a lottery pick. As a fan, I want them to lose out (0-9) in their final 9 games. Just tank properly. Playoffs were never happening.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; April 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, Buff has been awful of late. He looked fantastic for the first 8-10 games, but he's gotten worse each game, it seems. I don't blame Noel for trying him up front, but that didn't work, clearly.

We're all welcome to our opinions, but I disagree with you, ASF, on your criticism on Noel, particularly with Burmistrov. Burmistrov was playing like garbage before he was benched, and he clearly wasn't buying in to the system. The crap he would pull in the offensive and neutral zones was unacceptable. You complain about his linemates, but he was given plenty of ice-time (17-20 minutes) on the second line with Kane earlier in the season, and he did little to nothing with that opportunity. It's one thing to not produce, but it's another to not produce while doing your own thing, neglecting the system. He's playing on the third and fourth line because he needs to learn and earn his ice-time. Noel has no problem giving him ice-time (he's shown that) if he does the right things out there. You don't hand the keys to a young player with attitude and a disregard for the team game.

I truly hope that we can keep and develop Burmistrov, but I don't want a coach and organization that puts up with nonsense from young players with attitude. Kane had to earn his ice-time last season, and he did that with strong play. Now it's Burmistrov's turn.

On another note, I'm sick of seeing passion-less play from the Jets. Even Ladd, who was the catalyst for a lot of the energy on this team for the first two thirds of the season, has looked like garbage out there for half a dozen games now. Our best forwards tonight were Burmistrov, Santorelli and Tangradi. When's the last time that Wheeler and Ladd were among our best players on the ice? It's been a while. The previous couple games it was Antropov and Wellwood who were our best players up front, for heaven's sake. Unacceptable.

Dobber Sports Stud

Did you hear Noel chew out Byfuglien??? I'm shocked, but I, for once, applaud him. Eyes are opened. Byfuglien has been awful and finally the coach says something about it. Buff was benched by the way mid way through the 3rd.

Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, Buff is trade bait come the offseason if he keeps this act up.

I disagree with Noel a lot, Cascade. Not just on the Burmi front... Why in the world was Thorburn in the lineup over Wellwood tonight?

If Buff doesn't respond well from being called out, we have a problem. Burmi, now Buff? While I completely agree with the Buff call out, players might be unhappy under Noel right now.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Yeah, I did hear that. Noel usually keeps those comments out of the press, but he must be pretty frustrated with Buff's play lately. I think he has no problem chewing players out, but this is one of the few times he's come out and said something publicly.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I went to NHL.com to get a look at Pavelec and all of the allowed goals. I came to the conclusion that while he hasn't been fantastic, he hasn't been horrible either. At least half the time he's being hung out to dry by the D who look completely lost in their own zone, leaving their opponent's man free to do whatever he wants. They HAVE to get their D in order before they can start winning. They won't get anywhere by letting opponents stand untouched right in front of Pavelec.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Face it, the Jets have been playing over their heads up until this point....to get to a 50-50 record. I had thought the team was going to be competitive but I wasn't going to be surprised by a 40-60 split. We are one of the lowest scoring teams and have allowed the third most goals...nuff said.

I do agree with ASF, and I hope the Jet's tank and get a good draft pick. Now that Washington is leading the division with 2 games in hand, I doubt the Jet's can reclaim the lead. It they had won 2 of the last 5, they still might have had a chance. No way they are going to make the 8th spot.

It's only going to get worse next year as we head into the Central division. At least we can beat up on Colorado.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Genius

Redmond is back skating already! Just an incredible recovery. They expect him to be good to go for training camp.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...201631131.html

Dobber Sports Stud

So the Jets have won 3 straight. Still not back into the playoffs yet because they're getting no help.

The Jets are idle until Tuesday. They HAVE to win all 3 home games next week.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...layoff-chances

A little piece I wrote analyzing the Jets odds...

Huge game tonight.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, that was intense. Ladd was a beast tonight. Just an incredible game. His play on the Wheeler goal was awesome. I thought Bogosian was great tonight, too. Very solid at both ends of the ice. Burmistrov has earned himself more ice-time, topping out at over 20 minutes. He's been looking better each game. Loved seeing him get some PP time.

The Jets finally got an ounce of help tonight, too, with the Rangers losing to Philly.

4 wins in a row now. Let's hope they can keep it up!

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets 4 Lightning 3 / SO

That was a roller coaster of a game. Should have never went to OT to begin with. The Jets had a two goal lead going into the third period and blew it. They were fortunate enough to hang on in OT and then come away with the win in the shootout.

Ladd was a beast tonight as was the first line in general. Pavelec was also amazing and made some game-saving saves.

The Jets have to win on Thursday against the Hurricanes to set up for a showdown on Saturday against the Isles. The only help the Jets got tonight was from the Flyers so there's still a lot of work to be done.

The Jets are on a 4 game winning streak and just have to keep on winning.
    Go Jets Go

The Wolverine

Four games to go, playing well lately, battle to make the playoffs - is it safe to assume Pavelec will start all 4, even the B2B?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Four games to go, playing well lately, battle to make the playoffs - is it safe to assume Pavelec will start all 4, even the B2B?
    Yes, unless they get eliminated somewhere in there.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Actually there's 5 games left. And yes, expect him to start all 5.
    Go Jets Go

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Yes, unless they get eliminated somewhere in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Actually there's 5 games left. And yes, expect him to start all 5.
    Ah, forgot about tonight as was looking at next week's schedule from tomorrow in my weekly league. Thanks.