Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Initiate

Claude Noel: "... It's what we got, and we're doing our best..."

Yikes.

Dobber Sports Stud

Byfuglien sucks on defense. He can't play the position!!!!! He better be happy and play forward with effort.

I'm in between on the Trouba signing. I love Trouba and really want to see him play in the NHL, but 5 games and he burns a year on ECL. Is it really worth it? I'm not buying that it is.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    I'm in between on the Trouba signing. I love Trouba and really want to see him play in the NHL, but 5 games and he burns a year on ECL. Is it really worth it? I'm not buying that it is.
    What's wrong with St. John's after a cup of coffee with the big club, or am I missing something? Would that not be an option? Sounds like he wasn't going to learn much more playing in college.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    What's wrong with St. John's after a cup of coffee with the big club, or am I missing something? Would that not be an option? Sounds like he wasn't going to learn much more playing in college.
    People are talking like they want him in NHL though. More than 5 games and it burns a year.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Initiate

Byfuglien, whenever I attend the games (often), looks slow and big, with a hell of blue-line slapper. Fantasy-wise, I think we all want him to keep his D eligibility. His +/- ain't really that bad for his skill set.

Noel's screwing up by moving him outside his comfort zone.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
    Byfuglien, whenever I attend the games (often), looks slow and big, with a hell of blue-line slapper. Fantasy-wise, I think we all want him to keep his D eligibility. His +/- ain't really that bad for his skill set.

Noel's screwing up by moving him outside his comfort zone.
    Yeah, if you're not going to utilize the way he needs to be in order to be a useful player, then trade his ass. That's what should have happened with Mike Green. Green to ANA, reuniting him with his coach.

Byfuglien is awesome in a limited role. He has some mad offensive skills, but pair him with a strong stay at home guy to cover his ass.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, if you're not going to utilize the way he needs to be in order to be a useful player, then trade his ass. That's what should have happened with Mike Green. Green to ANA, reuniting him with his coach.

Byfuglien is awesome in a limited role. He has some mad offensive skills, but pair him with a strong stay at home guy to cover his ass.
    I wouldn't trade him. He's a skilled player that needs an intelligent coach to utilize him to full effect. (Same with Kane.) And maybe, just maybe, that's as a forward for a little while. He's certainly not your typical defenseman.

I'm just saying that doing so in the 3rd period against the Islanders when you're down doesn't really send the right message.
    PS: Yes, he definitely needs the right D partner - Enstrom was always excellent at that.
    Last edited by Steffen; April 3, 2013 at 1:23 AM. Reason: PS

Dobber Sports Genius

The Jets have picked up Mike Santorelli off waivers from the Panthers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

Strong stay at home guys can't cover for Byfuglien. Every time he pinches it's a two on one the other way. No one can cover for that.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets stand pat at the trade deadline which is, IMO, the worst route they could have went.

They don't have an identity nor know if they want playoffs or a lottery pick. Go for it or don't. If you don't, trade away your UFAs.

I'm shocked. The Jets were major losers at the deadline. Then again, in Kevin "waiver wire" Cheveldayoff, they were major winners. They signed another 3rd line scrub!
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Any news on when Trouba will actually play a game?
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    Any news on when Trouba will actually play a game?
    No news yet. He'll be arriving in the city today. Of course they're saying there are no expectations, etc., but I think we'll see him play his 5 games, at least. He'll need time to settle in, practice, learn, etc. My guess is Tuesday at the earliest, but they've also got 4 days off after next Thursday's game, so they could get a lot of practice in with him then, and play him the following Tuesday (the 16th). That's just me throwing some thoughts out there; he could play this Saturday, for all I know.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    The Jets stand pat at the trade deadline which is, IMO, the worst route they could have went.
    I was hoping they would trade Burmistrov. I guess I'm gonna have to let him go this summer if the Jets don't trade him. I don't think it's ever going to work out for him in Winnipeg.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    I was hoping they would trade Burmistrov. I guess I'm gonna have to let him go this summer if the Jets don't trade him. I don't think it's ever going to work out for him in Winnipeg.
    It wouldn't shock me if they trade him in the summer. Hopefully he can raise his stock a bit in the remaining games, so the team can turn him into an asset.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    It wouldn't shock me if they trade him in the summer. Hopefully he can raise his stock a bit in the remaining games, so the team can turn him into an asset.
    To be perfectly honest, I care more about Burmistrov reaching his full potential. I believe he's a RFA this summer so we'll see what happens. There always the KHL factor if he's not happy with how they employ him.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork