Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hi AtlantaSportsFan, what type of production do you see for Burmistrov in the next couple of years? What do you think his upside is?
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Hey, AtlantaSportsFan, what's your outlook on Pavelec for the rest of this year and next? What kind of numbers do you expect from him? What's his biggest strength/weakness?
    I like Pavelec a lot. He'll be a productive goalie in this league as long as he gets help defensively. He has the ability, but he isn't always consistent to be the best himself.

He seems to have found his stride this season. Over the past 5 games or so, he's been consistently good. With the Jets in the playoff hunt, Pavelec HAS to be the best he can from here on out so that should be a bonus as far as fantasy goes. The team is playing better in front as well. He's going to be the key piece in the playoff run.

As far as numbers go, they should be fantasy solid. He'll get wins, but the SV% and GAA is always going to be tricky with him. Last year, those two categories were somewhat awful yet he was fantastic for the majority of the season.

He's inconsistent and allows bad goals often. His glove has been a major weakness, but he's worked on it as of late. He is a very agile goalie and gets from left to right with ease. He's spotting pucks better and plays the percentages. It's tough to get pucks past him because when stretched out he takes up almost the entire net. He makes big saves.

Winnipeg is going to be a good team for a while with the young core being built. Whether it's this year when it finally happens, next, or two years from now, it's going to happen soon. Pavelec will be there when it does.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; March 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    Hi AtlantaSportsFan, what type of production do you see for Burmistrov in the next couple of years? What do you think his upside is?
    Hopefully he's still with the team in a couple of years and is actually getting used properly.

I'm not sure I 100% trust what Noel is doing to him. It could be destroying his confidence just like this franchise did with many players before him.

Burmistrov is solid defensively, but now he has to learn how to be a productive player in this league. I think the key to it is being patient with him. He surpassed his rookie totals in his sophomore season. Who knows what would have happened in a full 82 game season this year. He's 21, but would have been 20 had the season started in October. He's still very young. Remember, he was thrown into the NHL immediately. The Jets have to realize it's going to take time.

Depending on how things go, I could see him reaching 40-50 points in two years. That would be HUGE.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

What seems to be the likely situation with Trouba? Is there chatter of him leaving college early to step in and play sooner than later or do we think he's going a full 4 years?
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    What seems to be the likely situation with Trouba? Is there chatter of him leaving college early to step in and play sooner than later or do we think he's going a full 4 years?
    Bob McKenzie spoke of this.. Saying that Chevy will push HARD for Trouba to join the team next year.

Trouba has said that he and his family believe finishing school is priority #1. That was around last year's draft.

General consensus among HFB is that he will join us not next year, but the year after.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I'm hoping he doesn't leave early. Let him play for at least another full season at Mich.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Loss today gets pinpointed on Noel. Absolutely horrible, horrible management. How do you use the same exact lineup 18 hours after previous game? Ever hear of fatigue? Ever hear of depth? Apparantly not.

Claude Noel cost the Jets in Ottawa with his stubbornness. Absolutely terrible coaching. Let me also point out the fact that Thorburn and Cormier had about 8 combined shifts for just over 3:00 of ice time each. If that isn't mismanagement, then please, someone tell me what is.

Free Burmistrov.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; March 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Banned

I don't think you can blame Noel...they were a tired group and got beat by a good team with 1 loss at home. Burmistrov wouldn't have won them the game. I think he's done in WPG.

Hard to play Sunday at 5:00 after finishing at 10:30 or whatever the last night

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't think you can blame Noel...they were a tired group and got beat by a good team with 1 loss at home. Burmistrov wouldn't have won them the game. I think he's done in WPG.

Hard to play Sunday at 5:00 after finishing at 10:30 or whatever the last night
    Which is why 3 subs should have been made allowing Burmi, Postma, and Peluso all to play. Cormier and Thorburn played 6... yes SIX seconds combined in the third period... on a back-to-back 18 hours after last game... that's absolutely the coach's fault. Also, Cormier took ZERO, yes 0 faceoffs in the entire game. He was supposed to replace Slater. What a joke.

The blame is all on Noel here. It doesn't even matter if the Jets still would have lost. At least they would have had more jump in the game.

Noel has to start playing the players that give this team best chance of winning. Thorburn and Cormier aren't those players. Burmistrov is.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; March 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Burmistrov is in, Cormier is out tonight.

I don't think Noel was wrong in benching Burmistrov, for a few reasons. The team was 3-1 in the games that he's sat out. He was seen laughing it up on the bench when the team was down in a game (I believe he was benched for a while in that game, too). His own teammates have said that he's like a butterfly on the ice (not a compliment) and he's unpredictable. When you're trying to instill a system on a young team you can't have a guy that is unpredictable and difficult to play with. Burmistrov's dipsy-doodling in the offensive zone never creates anything. He's got a pile of talent and skill, and he's a good penalty-killer and back-checker, but he's got to shore up his play in the offensive zone, or he'll find himself benched again.

Should he have played in Toronto? Maybe. It wouldn't have made a difference in the game overall, but an argument could be made that he could have gone in for someone on the tail end of a back to back. The fact is, the team had won 3 in a row; why mess with that chemistry? Noel has coached this team to a 10-4-1 record over their last 15 games. Pretty hard for me to question his (and his assistants') decision-making.

I like Burmistrov a lot. He's got a lot to offer, but if he proves uncoachable and difficult for his teammates to play with, he's going to find himself benched again. Fans complained that he wasn't getting the ice-time. Well, he's had plenty of ice-time this season, and he's played with good players. He hasn't produced. Sure, he's young and it takes some time to develop talent, but sometimes benching a young guy who isn't listening is part of that development process.

Burmistrov played a heck of a game against the Bruins earlier in the season, including a huge check on Chara that was shocking to see. I hope we see a terrific game from him tonight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Kulda has to be in for... anybody in the bottom pair. Even Clitsome who has been awful as of late.

Burmistrov will be received warmly tonight. He's back where he belongs.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Kulda has to be in for... anybody in the bottom pair. Even Clitsome who has been awful as of late.

Burmistrov will be received warmly tonight. He's back where he belongs.
    I heard he was playing on the 4th line. That sucks.

Hopefully he doesn't do anything to go back in the press box.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SixtyPercentOfTheTime View Post
    I heard he was playing on the 4th line. That sucks.
    It does, but I think it actually gives that line some potential for possession in the offensive zone for a change, and it allows Noel to play that line a bit more. He'll work his way back up, but those top three lines are playing well right now.

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets 3 Bruins 1

Absolutely fantastic win. A come-from-behind win against a team like the Bruins. You can tell the Jets want playoffs.

The Bruins took an early lead off of an unfortunate Bogosian turnover. It took a weird bounce off the boards and left Marchand all alone in front. The Jets entered the third period down 1-0. Before the period started, the word that the Hurricanes lost must have reached the players ears.

The Jets played the third period like they wanted it more. And they got it. Wheeler scored the tying goal and then Kane quickly scored the go ahead goal. Wheeler then potted an empty netter. The Jets came from behind and took out a powerhouse team in the process.

Confidence is building. The Jets are winning. Everything looks good. They are first place in the Southeast Division again.

Notes
    -Pavelec was fantastic yet again. He's been making HUGE saves. This is the best he's played in a long time... maybe of all time.

-Byfuglien was terrible for about the fifth straight game and this has to be pointed out. The Jets keep getting the bad Buff. I'm sure Noel isn't happy. He's been a turnover machine and had probably given the puck away a dozen times tonight.

-Burmistrov was solid in his return. Yes, he saw time on 4th line, but the 4th line actually played decent for once. And on occasion, Burmistrov was double shifted on other lines. He played a good game in his return and his spot on the team should be safe.

-Wheeler is one of the hottest forwards right now. He's been an offensive machine and tonight he was a work horse on the puck. He was everywhere. Hard work and effort paid off with two goals. It's almost like he wanted to show off his former team as if they made a mistake trading him. The Thrashers certainly won that trade.

-This team really needs Enstrom back. He makes Byfuglien look less bad, and he makes the powerplay legit.

-Speaking of, the powerplay actually came through for once. The Jets scored the tying goal on the powerplay. Special team was a huge part of tonight's win. The PK was 4-4.

Next Up

The Jets stay at home for a game against the Capitals on Thursday.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

How's Bogosian overall? He seems to be generating a lot of offense in the last 10 games or so. He has what, 35 SOG??