Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
    How does Bogosian look?

Any updates on Enstrom?

I picked up Bogosian as a filler but he is quite the stat stuffer and if Enstrom is out long, I think I am considering keeping him over the likes of Goligoski or Burns.
    Everything CascadeFilly said.

Bogosian is just solid. He's good in own end and offensively. I don't see the rust at all. He's been carrying the puck through the neutral zone with much confidence. I just want him to hit the net more. He did the other night and it resulted in a goal.

Enstrom will probably miss two weeks.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Bogosian looks real good. I've seen little to no signs of rust. His skating is amazing, he hits like a truck, and he's already looking comfortable rushing with the puck. The Jets are obviously struggling quite a bit right now, so keep that in mind. Their upcoming lengthy road trip likely won't do them any favours, either. That said, in a league that counts PIMs and hits I would have little trouble recommending Bogo over Goligoski, who has not looked great in Dallas for the last year plus.

I haven't heard any more on Enstrom yet. It'll be a while, I'm sure. I don't think having Enstrom back will hurt Bogo's numbers much, honestly.
    My league doesn't count PIMS but it does blocks, hits and SOG. He has been golden so far. I dropped Goli for him and it's looking good so far. Thanks
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Seeing how the Jets are playing so far this year...It will be very nice to see Drouin trying for a spot next training camp.
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Genius

Redmond is out, Clitsome is in tonight against the Sabres. Redmond will draw back in, but he's made some young D mistakes lately.

As for the talk of high draft picks, I would love for the Jets to land a top 3 pick. I just have a feeling that the team will start to win some games, and they won't land quite that low in the standings. Like the previous couple seasons, I expect the Jets to end up out of a playoff spot, but a little too high in the standings to grab one of the big top 3 picks. Wouldn't mind being wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Dobber Sports Stud

It's getting to that point that it gets to every season where I find myself just hoping the young players continue to progress in these losses and losing seasons.

Redmond out so there goes that. But hey, let's continue to keep Hainsey on this team because he provides "experience" even though he is absolutely horrible in all aspects.

Let's also keep Wellwood in the lineup even though he has done absolutely nothing through 12 games and has zero on ice effort.

Changes have to be made. I'd much rather see a Peluso in the lineup over Wellwood. If no one wants to wake up Welly, trade him. That's all there is to it. We don't want to watch poor effort night in and night out from this UFA forward.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Wheeler

Will wheeler get through the drought? Is he playing better/worse than last year? His production is not what i expected this year. I'm not in the Jets market so i only got to see the two games vs the pens.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by penguins87 View Post
    Will wheeler get through the drought? Is he playing better/worse than last year? His production is not what i expected this year. I'm not in the Jets market so i only got to see the two games vs the pens.

Thanks!
    Wheeler has not looked like the Wheeler of last year, I'm afraid. Honestly, I'm shocked. I thought he had turned the corner last year, as he played an amazing final 60 games last season, looking positively dominant. This season, it's like he forgot how hard he needs to work to be successful. Someone needs to show him some game-tape from last season, because he's capable of being one of the more dynamic players in the league.

Last night he looked as close as he has all season to the Wheeler of last year. He had piles of chances, he was flying all over the ice, and the puck was following him. The Jets as a team has been snake-bitten for the last 3 games or so. I think the goals will come soon. This happened last year. The team is just plain young, and they're learning about effort-levels and what they need to do to produce and win. Frustrating for both Jets fans and poolies.

Anyway, in short, Wheeler has looked mediocre so far, he looked dynamite last night, and it is my opinion that he will produce very soon. Once he hits a certain frustration level he begins to will himself to produce, and I suspect that we're about to see that. I hope I'm right.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Jets fans, i'd like some input on how bogosian has looked in his 3 games back?
    about to make the pickup today in a multicat league but just wanna make sure.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by the watcher View Post
    Hey Jets fans, i'd like some input on how bogosian has looked in his 3 games back?
    about to make the pickup today in a multicat league but just wanna make sure.
    Read a few comments back, as I gave my take on him a few days ago. Short version: he looks great, little to no rust.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Zach Redmond was apparently badly cut just now at the Jets practice this morning.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Zach Redmond was apparently badly cut just now at the Jets practice this morning.
    Oh, brutal. I hope he'll be okay. That's always so scary.

Dobber Sports Stud

I've been MIA on this forum for the past two games. I suppose it's a bit late to recap them now, but the Jets have been solid in both, especially Buffalo.

I'm excited because I'm going to the game this afternoon! I'll recap it afterwards, but it will be huge if we can take the W. Representing the Jets loud and proud in the Wells Fargo!
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets 4 Rangers 3

The road trip was... a massive success. The Jets finish 4-1 on the 5-game road trip and could have easily went 5-0 had it not been for a two-goal collapse against Philly. No one could have predicted this.

The Jets dominated the Rangers for the most part of the game. They played strong, outworked, and outskated them. Could this be the turning point of the season?

Notes
    -Evander Kane is on the current longest point streak in the entire NHL at 8 games. He had 2G and 1A tonight. He's developing into an all-around superstar. He's a playmaker. A power-forward. And obviously, a goal-scoring machine. Take note, NHL.

-Olli Jokinen is alive! He has 2 goals tonight and has been playing great as of late.

-I'm really happy with the play of Anthony Peluso. I think the Jets found their long-term 4th line beast. He can fight, and it looks like he has some game as well.

-Start dropping Wellwood off your fantasy team or pray he gets traded. His time in Winnipeg is all but over. See my latest article for more on Wellwood-- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ed-this-season

-Pavelec had another outstanding game tonight. He made the saves when had to. He played great during the road trip.

Back Home

The Jets go back home for two. Time to make some noise in MTS Center. They are currently tied for first place in the Southeast.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Absolutely embarrassing, embarrassing effort tonight. Not sure if an actual recap would even make sense since all I'd be talking about is how the Jets got owned by an AHL team.

It was pathetic. The Jets did nothing. Not a single thing worth mentioning.

I'll just say this: as a team, the Jets are one of the worst defensively in the entire league. Individually they have fantasy league skill, but together as a team and they look like lost children looking for their parents. I'm starting to think it's a "system thing", but who am I to disagree with the great Claude Noel?

This team desperately needs Enstrom back. Hainsey is just terrible. Clitsome, Stuart, and Postma are starting to get exposed as bottom-pairing defensemen playing more time than they can handle.

Just when you think this team can make a push for the playoffs they go and lose two games that were easily more than winnable. And one of the losses was to an AHL team... no, no pun intended. Look at Florida's roster if you want to question this.

Cue the long losing streak that ends the season?
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; March 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Cue the long losing streak that ends the season?
    Unfortunately, I think we'll get more of the same: Teasing us with strong play in spurts, but ultimately disappointing in the end. Not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough for a top tier draft pick.

It's not a system thing. They play well against good teams. It's the teams below them in the standings that the Jets don't get up for. Is that team leadership? Coaching? Both? Whatever it is, it's getting old. They can't take games off against teams like the Panthers.

I'll chalk it up to being a young team. Not to make excuses for them, because there is no excuse for a lack of effort like this, but that screams of youth and inexperience as a group. What do I know, though.

Man, what a waste of time it was to watch that game.