Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    What's the deal with. Burmistrov? Not put up any production. And Wellwood been bad to start the season
    Burmistrov
    He's not putting up the points, but the vibe from a lot of the fans is he's the most improved Jets player from last season so far. I don't know whether to agree or not because Burmi's always played this good.

The game yesterday was his best this season and he didn't even get on the scoresheet. He rarely does right now, but he is doing all the right things off the scoresheet. Will the production come in time? I can only hope so. However, I'll tell you he possess the skill to put up goals and points. He just has to do it and believe in himself. A lot will depend on what line he's playing with.

Wellwood
    I've never been a Wellwood fan, even now. He has skill, but his work ethic is horrible. He's out of shape, obviously, and it is very visible on the ice. He might be slower than Nik Antropov.

Okay okay enough bashing.

Wellwood was really good for us last year. Early in this season he was an off-and-on healthy scratch, but with Scheifele back in Barrie, there's more room for him now. He just has to get into a groove. Noel has been shuffling lines every other shift it seems. I think (not sure because Noel is the line shuffling master) that he's on the Toronto line (Welly, Poni, Antropov). He did contribute on the GWG yesterday so maybe that will jump start his game.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Genius

Buff back on Tuesday, Bogo hopefully in a week. This bodes well, if the blueline can stay healthy!

Dobber Sports Stud

On to the stockpile at defense situation. With Buff and Bogo returning, the Jets have 8 defensemen. I think they have to consider unloading one, in particular, Ron Hainsey.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ing-defensemen
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Couldn't agree more.

He did play a pretty solid game against Ottawa on Saturday but he is definetley the whipping boy up here.

Pretty excited to get rid of the Antro and Hainsey contracts after this year, not to say they are god awful just horribly over paid (obviously). Hopefully they can Jonny Oduya those two guys into solid draft picks.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Stud

With that article posted, I'm starting to change how I feel about our defense. I'm starting to love the play of Zach Redmond. All fantasy players HAVE to put him on their radar.

That's Zach Redmond. Defenseman for the Winnipeg Jets.

As I say in the article, we have too much defensive depth maybe. But Redmond has to be in our lineup every night with the way he is playing. As much as I want to advise everyone to sign him if you're in need of a defenseman, I have to wait on that.

I'm just hoping he's in the lineup nightly when all eight defensemen are healthy.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Game #12 -- Flyers 3 Jets 2

Analysis
    The Jets were good, but this was a "not good enough" game. They had the better scoring chances and outshot the Flyers, but they couldn't buy a goal. They couldn't finish. As many quality chances as they got, the Jets were very sloppy in the offensive zone. Firstly, they couldn't establish zone time for the majority of the game. I can't even remember an extended shift outside of the end of period two. Secondly, when they did get into the zone, they would turn it over. Antropov's inability to keep the play alive stood out. Just all around sloppy offensive zone play. The Flyers controlled the majority of the game which is a complete shocker since it was the second game of their back-to-back.

One other aspect that REALLY stood out were the absolutely brutal penalties going against Winnipeg. I have absolutely no idea how Peluso got called for "charging" on one shift. There was also a terrible, momentum-staggering interference call on Stuart. Stuart barely grazed him. The non-calls also stood out. Montoya got ran over about three different times. Rinaldo instigated about twelve different times. No calls. Makes you wonder about officiating sometimes.

Bryzgalov played good, sure. But half of the chances were fanned on or missed. The Jets played good enough to win, but it was their inability to score that cost them in this one.

Notes
    -Ladd scored twice.
    -Byfuglien made his return. Clitsome sat.
    -Peluso debuted tonight. Thorburn sat.
    -Montoya started, but was pulled after two because of a lower-body injury.

What Now?
    As for the Jets, they go under .500 yet again this season. This team just cannot put together any sort of win streak. Win, lose, win, lose, win, lose and so on. This will cost them as the season progresses. They aren't winning close games right now and it seems every game there's a new aspect that disappears. Tonight was the goal scoring and inability to finish.

The Jets fall to 5-6-1 on the season. With 12 games in the books, that means 25% of the season is in the books. The Jets are a bubble .500 team right now. They still have plenty of recurring issues that have to be fixed.

Jets will remain at home on Friday night against the Penguins. Bogosian could make his return in that one.

---
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets News 2/13

The Jets have made a trade acquiring forward Eric Tangradi from the Pittsburgh Penguins for a 7th-round pick in 2013.

It's a very, very minor trade at best. If anything, it's a "take a chance" trade. A 7th-rounder is nothing to us so if it's a miss it wouldn't hurt.

Tangradi is going to be the 13th forward at best unless he plays a little better than mediocre. Why? Because Wellwood has been mediocre so anything slightly better and he'll see time.

Or maybe Wright finally gets taken out of the lineup. Miettinen is slated to return to the lineup soon so there's that. There's a bottom-six stockpile here...

As for Tangradi, there is no fantasy value here and no NHL expectations either. Wish him the best of luck, but there isn't a single expectation.

----

Eddie Pasquale was recalled from St. Johns. Montoya was injured in Tuesday night's loss to Philly.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 13, 2013 at 5:26 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

More News 2/13

Jets make their second trade of the day. This time they dealt Ponikarovsky to the Devils for a 4th in '14 and a 7th n '13.

Great trade. They got back a 7th from Tangradi deal and gained a 4th... all for a player who they signed in offseason. Poni did absolutely nothing but cost us a game this year. He will not be missed.

I saw this coming from a mile away believe it or not. I mentioned the possibility of trading Ponikarovsky or Wellwood on Twitter earlier today after acquiring Tangradi. And whata ya know, Poni is a goner.

This trade frees up space now in the bottom-six. The stockpile decreases.

----

Overall, happy with the moves. It's Poni for Tangradi and a 4th. If worse comes to worse, we get a pick out of this all.

It definitely means Tangradi will get a real opportunity in Winnipeg. Maybe our staff saw something they like in him.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Zach Bogosian will make his season debut tonight against the Pens. It will probably take a few games for him to get his timing back, but it'll be great to see him back.

The Ladd, Little, Wheeler line is back. Kane will play with Burmistrov and Antropov, and newly acquired Tangradi will play with O.Jokinen and Wellwood on the third line.

Dobber Sports Stud

Game Update

-Enstrom will not return to action after collarbone/shoulder injury after 3 minutes of the game.

The Jets top 4 finally healthy and then this happens. Unbelievable.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Now I know what is meant when it is said Pittsburgh gets every single call. Tonight makes me wonder about this league sometimes. Wow was the end to that game absolutely brutal. I'm not making excuses because the Jets cannot buy a goal or even hit the net for that matter. But the officials love Pittsburgh. They got away with that interference call on at least seven different occasions by my calculations. Redmond didn't even interfere in the slighest of forms and gets called. The refs ended this one early.

It doesn't even deserve a proper post-game recap.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 15, 2013 at 9:52 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets Fall to the Bruins by Final of 3-2

It was another "not good enough" game. They looked decent at times, and then abysal at times. It had typical Jets game written all over it. What do I mean by that? Evander Kane scored late in the second to give the Jets a lead and all the momentum. The typical collapse happened... it happened a littlet too soon because the Bruins got it back like 20 seconds after the Kane goal. Worst part was there was only 1.5 seconds in period. It was a killer.

They don't get many shots on net. It's been a struggle for this team to get good scoring chances. Most of the offenses a cycle that generate very little.

The Jets generated offense in the third, but the chances just weren't grade A. Same problems still lie (I'm starting to think they'll never get fixed). The PP is absolutely horrendous. They either get 1 shot or less each time out. The PK... I'm through bashing it because obviously my bashing hasn't changed how woeful it is.

This team just cannot win games. Three game losing streak. They can't buy a home win. Everything is going wrong right now.

It's looking like the Jets may be in the Seth Jones running. Nine of their next 11 games are on the road. They could be done for in two weeks.

Notes-
    -Words can't possibly describe how bad Kyle Wellwood has been this season. He has to get traded because he is worthless in our lineup. Give Miettinen the chance over Welly.

-Kane snapped eight-game goal drought. He can score them at will. I suspect he will catch fire.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

I may be leading the official, Death for Seth, Winnipeg bandwagon very soon.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

How does Bogosian look?

Any updates on Enstrom?

I picked up Bogosian as a filler but he is quite the stat stuffer and if Enstrom is out long, I think I am considering keeping him over the likes of Goligoski or Burns.
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
    How does Bogosian look?

Any updates on Enstrom?

I picked up Bogosian as a filler but he is quite the stat stuffer and if Enstrom is out long, I think I am considering keeping him over the likes of Goligoski or Burns.
    Bogosian looks real good. I've seen little to no signs of rust. His skating is amazing, he hits like a truck, and he's already looking comfortable rushing with the puck. The Jets are obviously struggling quite a bit right now, so keep that in mind. Their upcoming lengthy road trip likely won't do them any favours, either. That said, in a league that counts PIMs and hits I would have little trouble recommending Bogo over Goligoski, who has not looked great in Dallas for the last year plus.

I haven't heard any more on Enstrom yet. It'll be a while, I'm sure. I don't think having Enstrom back will hurt Bogo's numbers much, honestly.