Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

Check this for my analysis and recap of game 1
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ffort-and-loss

Jets 0-1, set to take on the Bruins 1-0, at 1pm ET today.

I have a feeling Montoya will get the nod in net today. Pavelec Tuesday night. Either way, Montoya will debut one of the two nights.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets fall in the shootout to the Bruins.

It was a good game, but they were unable to get the second point. A much better outing than Saturday. Pavelec stood on his head for the entire game. A lot of posts were hit both ways.

Jets still don't look to have all the chemistry, but it's getting better. Kane and Jokinen started to find a small groove. Ladd, Little, and Wheeler haven't done much which could explain why Noel broke them up in the third.

Jets best defenseman defensively after 2 games? Dustin Byfuglien.

One thing that sticks out is Scheifele's ice time. He'll be sent back to the O if he continues getting 5 minutes a game. Nothing on his part, but he's getting 4th line minutes with 4th liners... not his role. If they won't use him, don't waste him.

I question if Noel gives Montoya the nod now tomorrow especially after Pavs' huge game this afternoon.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; January 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Banned

they played hard for 65 mins, they deserve credit for that kind of consistency and intensity, especially on the road against a team like BOS

Dobber Sports Stud

Game #3 -- Jets 4 Capitals 2

Headline
    Jets get their first win of the season tonight as they dominate the Capitals for a full 60 minutes.

The forward lines were as follows:
    Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
    Ladd - Antropov - Little
    Ponikarovsky - Burmistrov - Scheifele
    Wright - Slater - Thorburn

Notes
    Kane and Wheeler meshed well together and both had goals. Jokinen hasn't impressed me yet. A lot of turnovers and bad decisions.

Defensively, Byfuglien is still solid in his own end. Surprise?

I thought Postma has his best game as a pro. He was making some good plays.

Enstrom picked up a quiet 3 assists.

Pavelec was strong in net again.

Decision on Scheifele has to come soon. I'll have a piece on this in the AM. Should he stay or should he go?

These new lines seemed to work pretty good. Expect Noel to stick with them for their next outing.

The power play was MUCH better.

Jets picked up 3 of possible 4 points on back-to-back road games. They're not road warriors yet, but they look good this year away from home.

Next up; vs Pittsburgh, Friday 1/25
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Guru

Good to see Kane and Wheeler clicking immediately. I think they've got potential to be a lethal duo. Wheeler setting up and Kane finishing the plays. If OJ or Little can keep him with them then that line can put up huge numbers.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ace

Knowing the line shakeup, it's a decent time to buy-low on a impatient Wheeler owner, IMO...
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 32/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Miller(RW), Vatrano(LW)
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Connor, E.Kane
    RW} Nichushkin(LW), Zuccarello, Rust
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} DeSmith, Daccord, Grubauer
    IR} Guentzel
    IR+} Demko

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Stud

Game #4 -- Jets 4 Penguins 2

Headline
    Jets defeat power house Penguins and impress

Notes

- Mark Scheifele was scratched and Wellwood returned to the lineup. Game does not count against Scheifele's 5.
    - Line from last game were the same except Wellwood replaced Scheifele on line 3.
    - Pavelec was phenomenal... again. He looks like he's coming into a zone. Consistency... is it finally there!?!? I think it so!
    - Kane and Wheeler are playing great together. Jokinen is solid in between. Expect line to stay together.
    - Ladd and Little finding chemisty again with Antro in the middle. Little was doing some good things tonight. As was Ladd.
    - Not sure how I feel about Poni yet.
    - Burmistrov seems to be getting more noticeable each game.
    - Byfuglien was superb again-- yes, defensively as well. He's been great in own end this season. Offensive skills haven't lost a touch.
    - Hainsey and Clitsome made some noticeable mistakes tonight.
    - I'm really loving Postma. He is more confident each game. He moves the puck really well and actually plays solid defense. He's got a bullet from the point too.
    - Enstrom was silently great as he usually is.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Game #6 -- Montreal 4 Winnipeg 3

Headline
    Jets struggle against Habs

Notes
    - The negatives outweight the positives in this one.
    - The PK was brutal.
    - The PP was brutal.
    - The forecheck was very poor.
    - The Jets were unable to generate shots.
    - The Jets lost a lot of puck battles.
    - Jets scored 3 unanswered to take a lead but blew it.
    - Kane, Byfuglien, and Enstrom all have 7 points on season,
    - Kane extends point streak to 4 games.
    - The defense let up some bad opportunities.
    - Pavelec was unable to hold the fort down tonight.
    - Scheifele still scratched, the team clearly has no idea what they want to do with him.

Analysis
    Jets have to play much better in Florida and in Tampa on Thursday and Friday. They started off tonight's game slow and had to battle back to even get in the game. They put Montreal on the powerplay way too much and it cost them. The Jets powerplay was horrific at times so any chance at coming back through the powerplay was doubtful. They couldn't establish a forecheck or get shots on Price. Took too many untimely and costly penalties... dumb ones as well. The Jets are going to have to find a way to build up another streak again as tonight their 3-game W streak ends. Overall, this is a game you have to FORGET immediately.

Record
    3-2-1, 7 pts.

Next Up
    @ Florida -- Thursday 7:30pm ET.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Here's your game recap from tonight's game.

Game #7 -- Panthers 6 Jets 3

Headline
    Jets get embarrassed in embarassing effort and display tonight. Beyond embarassing.

Notes
    -Ron Hainsey is a pylon. He is by far one of the worst defenseman to ever graze the ice in NHL history. It amazes me that this franchise even after the move to Winnipeg hasn't bought out this scrub and his highway robbery of a salary.
    -Jets special teams is embarassing.
    -Jets special teams is god awful.

Fantasy Advice
    DO NOT start Pavelec. With Byfuglien out and Bogosian still out, it's a death trap. The team's defense is disgraceful... at least on the PK. Yea, we seem to go on it a lot.

That's all.

Next up; Tampa 2/1

Expect them to get embarassed again.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; January 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Game #8 -- Lightning 8 Jets 3

Recap & Analysis
    Tonight's game was last night's game, but 10x worse. Everything that went wrong last night, in fact three nights ago in Montreal as well, went wrong again tonight.

It starts with the penalty kill.

Boy, is the penalty god awful. I mean, there isn't another way to describe how bad the Jets penalty kill is. I'm not even sure if words can describe it.

The Jets went 0-3 on the three-game road trip, and the number one reason, possibly the lone reason, they lost each game was because of the horrendous penalty killing. You could also throw in the untimely and boneheaded penalties as a close number two.

In Montreal, they blew a third period lead because they put Montreal back on the powerplay where they already converted a bunch of times. In Florida, they blew a third period lead twice because they gave the Panthers a bunch of powerplays to work with. Tonight, they just gave Tampa Bay an all you can eat trip to the buffet with the powerplays they were giving out early on.

Four minute double minors, 5-on-3s, five minute majors... the Jets do it all. And because their PK is so bad, they dig holes that they can't get out of.

Had the Jets PK not been this bad, there could have been different outcomes for each of the three losses. They weren't playing awful so to say, especially 5-on-5 full strength hockey, they just beat themselves with the penalties.

Even strength and they're fine. Special teams and it starts to collapse. These issues will have to be worked on.

Notes
    - Byfuglien missed his second straight game. Jets desperately need him back.
    - Scheiefle got back into the lineup and a final evaluation will have to happen soon as to whether he stays or goes. He saw top line center duties in the third period and looks OK.
    - Wellwood was scratched.
    - Postma had 1G and 2A. He's been solid.
    - Enstrom had 1G and 2A. He's been phenomenal as always outside of one bad game this season. He now leads the Jets with 11 points in 8 games. Always reliable and forever underrated.
    - Chris Thorburn received a game misconduct for boarding. Not sure if it was suspension worthy. We'll see...

Fantasy Advice
    - Hopefully you all took my advice and benched Pavelec. However, I'm going to advise you to play him on Tuesday. Jets will be back home and will be furious. As will Pavelec.
    - Continue to roll Enstrom with confidence. He's off to a great start. Wait on news for Byfuglien, but I expect him back for Tuesday.
    - If you're in a deep league and in need of a defenseman, consider picking up Postma.
    - Roll with the usual forwards i.e. Kane, Wheeler, Ladd... Jets are still putting up goals.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Some News

-Tobias Enstrom is on a 7-game point streak. He as 2 goals and 12 points on the season in 9 games.

-Zach Redmond tallied two points in last night's overtime victory. If you're keeping an eye on a deeper league pickup, you better do so soon. But be weary, there will be some returning defenseman.

-Dustin Byfuglien remains day-to-day. Unlikely to play tomorrow.

-Zach Bogosian is close to skating with team again per Noel.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Game #10 -- Leafs 3 Jets 2

Recap
    Jets dominated the Leafs for 40 minutes and than played to lose in the third period. And deservedly so, they lost. Another horrific third period collapse.

Notes
    -Enstrom extends point streak and has 13 points on season.
    -Ponikarovsky is horrible. Proven to be a god awful signing.
    -Redmond scored first career goal shorthanded.
    -Penalty Kill still sucks.
    -Powerplay still sucks.

10 Games in the Books
    Its been 10 games. Now I can start making some real assessments. As a team, overall, it looks like the Jets are a bubble .500 team. They are now 4-5-1 through 10 games. Same problems lie, nothing has changed from last season. Inconsistency still alive and kicking. Third period collapses still alive and well. Special teams still absolutely abysmal.

I'll be grading each and every Jets' players performance through 10 games tomorrow.
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; February 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Ninja

AtlantaSportsFan, love what you are doing with your game reports.

I think once Byfuglien and Bogosian come back, the team will be much, much better. Sorry, that's a duh moment, of course they will be better, but I just wanted to point out that if you don't have a Buff and Bogo in your lineup, it's gotta hurt.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What's the deal with. Burmistrov? Not put up any production. And Wellwood been bad to start the season

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    AtlantaSportsFan, love what you are doing with your game reports.

I think once Byfuglien and Bogosian come back, the team will be much, much better. Sorry, that's a duh moment, of course they will be better, but I just wanted to point out that if you don't have a Buff and Bogo in your lineup, it's gotta hurt.
    Thanks. I'm still trying to find a rhythm with the reports. Or a solid format. I.e. sometimes you'll see analysis, recap, fantasy advice, notes, or it all mixed into one.
    Go Jets Go