Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm so pumped up for tonight's game. It's early so this may not factor much, but the Kings are heading into their second game of a b2b. Maybe we have some advantage.

I like the Jets at home this year. The crowd is going to be louder than ever tonight.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Stud

Topic of the day-- Is Claude Noel Mismanaging the Jets?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...aging-the-jets

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

15 shots on goal for the team, and Little and Jokinen were a combined 3/33 on face-offs. Unbelievable.

Dobber Sports Stud

The last two games have been awful so a game recap isn't even necessary because there would be nothing good to say about anyone... except one player.

The bright spot of the Jets right now is Ondrej Pavelec. He looks really good right now. The Jets as a team look awful. They can't play defense, they can't win faceoffs, they can't gain the zone or control the puck...

We'll see if anything changes today.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

Make it the last three. The Jets have looked awful in their last three games. What's wrong with them? Read my latest article to find out: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...jets-right-now

We're five games into the season so obviously it's still early. But tonight's game will be telling. If they come out flat and get owned for the 4th straight game then something is wrong.

I'll assess every player after tonight's game.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Another game in which the Jets wait until they're down before they start playing. So frustrating.

Scheifele had what was probably his best game yet, as he was buzzing all night, generating a lot of chances. Hopefully he can keep that level of play up. If he does, he'll be rewarded with the numbers to show for it.

Dobber Sports Stud

OK so some catching up to do. I've decided to wait to do a full review on every player until game maybe 10 to 15 games through the season.

Anyway, the Jets lost tonight to the Predators and drop to 4-5 on the season. They are a very inconsistent team right now.

The Jets cannot score goals. They're in a slump. Even in the game against the Blues, they scored two fluke goals. Tonight, they only managed to score once on Carter Hutton (lol who?).

To be fair, the Jets played a solid game tonight. Hutton actually played good. And the Jets were a bit unfortunate with some bad goals going in on Pavelec.

What has to change? A lot. It starts with the coach and Noel has to get something going. People are losing faith in the Jets' season already.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Pavelec has to be better, and Noel needs to play Montoya more. I'm tired of seeing the Jets get outplayed in net. Sure, the team has been spotty in their own end, but it would be nice to see Pavelec step up and meet that challenge more often. He's playing well below average, getting outplayed by the opposing goalie almost every game. Last night the Capitals were an embarrassment in their own end, but Holtby still managed to show up Pavelec, and post a respectable .915 sv%.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but for all the finger pointing that's gone on around this team, from the fans and media, I'm surprise that more fingers haven't been pointed at Pavelec.

Dobber Sports Star

Im starting to think Claude Noel is being tuned out. I havent followed the Jets closely in the past few years but this kind of lackluster play is usually indicative of the coach's message not being effective anymore

I have Wheeler/Ladd in one my leagues, needless to say im doing poorly so far lol
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Great road win for the Jets tonight in Dallas.

Jets 2 Stars 1 SO

Tonight was probably one of the better overall games the Jets played this season. They didn't light up the lamp, but that was because Lehtonen was tremendous. And on the other end, Pavelec was just as good if not better. It was a showdown between the two former Thrashers' teammates. Pavelec and Lehtonen both stole the show and made spectacular saves.

Kane scored the Jets lone goal in regulation. He's been arguably the Jets best forward (possibly Little) through the first dozen games.

Who stood out?

Jokinen has stood out for the past 2 or 3 games. He's been playin some solid hockey in all three zones. It's a good sign for Olli and the Jets.

Bogosian stood out... for being awful again. He's having a terrible, terrible season thus far. What's the problem? The big money getting to him, or is he just not living up to the potential? All I know is the Jets might be regretting giving him that contract based of absolutely nothing.

Another issue is Scheifele. He saw little to no ice time in period 3. Overall, he didn't see much ice time. In fact, he only saw 7:39 total. Meanwhile, James Wright is seeing near 16 minutes. It looks like Scheifele has found himself in Noel's dog house... just like Burmistrov.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Stud

The Jets are dwindling fast. It was another embarrassing loss on home ice to the Blackhawks on Saturday. The Jets look slow, out of sync, and just straight up a bad hockey team.

There's really not much to report that would be positive right now. Sadly, I don't think the management has what it takes to fire Noel or to make a trade to shake things up. It's inevitable-- Noel has to go. He is an awful, awful coach.

And Claude's favorite Jet is doing just well!!!
    James Wright Watch -- 15 GP, 0 G, 0 A, 0 P

Going to be a long season with not much to be happy about. Reinhart or Nylander time in Winnipeg.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Thank goodness Noel started Montoya tonight. Finally some big saves when the game could have gone either way. I'd love to see him start against Chicago on Wednesday.

Great effort all around by the team tonight, piling up 47 shots against the Wings. Scheifele had his best game as an NHL'er tonight, garnering first star honours.

I like the addition of Ellerby for the bottom D paring. Not fantasy relevant himself, but the Jets needed the help, with the injuries the team has had on the back end.

As a small aside, it's nice to see Morrissey having a strong start to the season in the WHL, with 6 goals and 20 points through 16 games.

Dobber Sports Stud

Jets 5 Sharks 4 SO

Finally, the Jets put together back-to-back wins! It's been a while.

The Jets fought really well to come back and get this much deserved win. It was a great team win. A lot of players stood out including Enstrom, Scheifele, Little and Ladd. Others played well. But most importantly, they won. This team really needs to put together wins.

Little is tremendous this year. I'm going to have a piece on him this week. He had 2 more assists tonight and now has 10G 19P.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Is it just me or do the Jets seem like a different (different meaning worse) team ever since Scheifele got hurt? I think he meant more to them than I thought.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Is it just me or do the Jets seem like a different (different meaning worse) team ever since Scheifele got hurt? I think he meant more to them than I thought.
    No question plug. I've watched enough Jets games with Scheifele playing to tell you he was a legitimate toop six player and the team definitely took a hit in terms of talent when he went down. The kid is going to be a good one.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket