Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

The Jets need to draft and trade for some players with genuine heart. Winners. Until that happens we'll continue to see this same old garbage. Yes, Scheifele is a key player for this team, and they're worse without him, but the efforts that the players have put up lately have been atrocious. Simply put, I don't think they'll win with this group.
    I don't know which players are responsible, exactly (I'm not an NHL GM or coach, and frankly, sometimes it seems like it's at least half the team), but they get lazy at the worst of times, taking dumb penalties, missing assignments and ignoring the details.
    Chevy will have to do something big at some point, in my opinion, or they'll run the risk of ruining their young players with the bad habits and attitudes of the old Atlanta team. Trouba and Scheifele are a great step in the right direction, and so is Frolik, but I think the remainder of the schedule will bear out that the team's problems were less about coaching and more about personnel.
    Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just a product of them being the second youngest team in the NHL, and one day they'll just 'get it.'
    There's little to no question they'll miss the playoffs again. Their schedule looks frightening. I'm actually okay with it, providing they eventually shed this tendency to phone it in so frequently. There are some excellent pieces here, but if they've got too much baggage from the Thrashers era, I'm okay with Chevy trading pretty much anyone, save for Scheifele and Trouba.

Dobber Sports Monster

With tonight's odd healthy scratch and already odd relationship with the Jets management, I personally believe Kane has played his last game as a Winnipeg Jet.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    With tonight's odd healthy scratch and already odd relationship with the Jets management, I personally believe Kane has played his last game as a Winnipeg Jet.
    Teams would be lining up to get this guy.....if so, Mac-T better be at the front of the line. I'd kill to have Kane in the Oiler's top-6....just the type of player we need with his size, skill, speed, physicality and grit.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

All I know for sure is..... Trouba is a stud

Administrator

Well, there we have it. Paul Maurice signed to a 4-year extension with the Jets.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449506
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    Well, there we have it. Paul Maurice signed to a 4-year extension with the Jets.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449506
    Thanks for the link. Added it to the thread: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...deal-with-Jets

Dobber Sports Star

What do you guys see in Scheifele for next year?

Can he hold on to the second center job? Second PP too?

Can he take over little or is it too soon for that?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he'll easily hang on to the #2 center job, along with PP2. I get the feeling that he won't take over from Little yet, maybe another year or two. I read somewhere (maybe on Dobber?) that Little plays some really tough minutes and still manages to put up the points. Scheif isn't ready for that yet from what I understand, and really why would he have to be forced to if Little is already doing that job?

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    What do you guys see in Scheifele for next year?

Can he hold on to the second center job? Second PP too?

Can he take over little or is it too soon for that?
    Maurice would ideally like to go with three fairly balanced scoring lines, if possible, so it could be difficult to decipher which line is number two and which is number three.

Of note, Maurice seemed to like Frolik with Ladd and Little, and Wheeler with Byfuglien. Apparently Maurice mentioned to Perreault (before the signing, so take this with a grain of salt) that he'd like to try him (Perreault) paired with Kane; whether that works out or not remains to be seen. Either way, I think Scheifele will be playing with either Kane or Wheeler and Byfuglien. Not bad at all.

I believe that Scheifele will at worst be entrenched on PP2. He's just too slick with the puck, too sharp in his vision and too precise and quick with his passes along the half boards to not get decent PP time. I hesitate to throw points estimates out there (sophomore slump, maybe?), but Scheifele is a special player and another summer of bulking up will do wonders for his game. He'll certainly improve on last years numbers, as he spent the first half of last season almost solely making sure he was defensively reliable. A season started with confidence garnered from his last 30 games will help him out of the gate, I think.

It's too soon for him to take over the number one line. When he does (not for a couple seasons), it'll be because he makes his line the number one line, regardless of linemates. He's that kind of player, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Star

OK Thanks.

I'm in a points only league and I am thinking of adding him as my rookie keeper (under 23 and never got 60pts). Right now he is listed as a RW, but will likely switch to C this year or next (CBS Sports).

Would it be a good move trading for him to replace Kreider (who is a LW) as my rookie keeper in the league below (even if he switches to C this year)? I think I could maybe get him cheap.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

OK Thanks.

I'm in a points only league and I am thinking of adding him as my rookie keeper (under 23 and never got 60pts). Right now he is listed as a RW, but will likely switch to C this year or next (CBS Sports).

Would it be a good move trading for him to replace Kreider (who is a LW) as my rookie keeper in the league below (even if he switches to C this year)? I think I could maybe get him cheap.
    I would keep Scheifele over Kreider.. Maurice loves Scheifele and is going to give him every opportunity to grow..

Scheifele also works out with Gary Roberts, which is always a good thing..

My opinion anyway!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I would keep Scheifele over Kreider.. Maurice loves Scheifele and is going to give him every opportunity to grow..

Scheifele also works out with Gary Roberts, which is always a good thing..

My opinion anyway!!
    Thanks for the reply Zorro. I will see what the cost of acquirering him is.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thanks for the reply Zorro. I will see what the cost of acquirering him is.
    I just plain and simple, love his work ethic and his willingness to get better.. This kid has drive and determination.. I expect great things from Scheifele!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Michael Hutchinson looked very good in nets tonight.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Michael Hutchinson looked very good in nets tonight.
    Yea he was ^^^

Ehlers looked good too- he got manhandled a bit out there- but he looked solid and didnt quit. Im not saying hes gonna make the team- but liked what I saw. Pretty stoked for the Wednesday game against the Oil- Im really hoping Scheif/Kane/Wheeler is a thing this season.

On a sidenote- that was a pretty weak ass minny squad though- lmao! I think Coyle/El Nino were there top players- haha!