Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Thoughts on Myers spending a full season in WPG this year?? PP1 w/ Byfuglien would be huge. 45-50pts in the making?

Dobber Sports Stud

Let's hear the Jets fans on this one: I see that Ehlers has put up 10 SOG in 2 games.
    Was he really dangerous or was it just purely incidental?
    Really curious to read your assessment of his game so far, but granted he played against two brutal defences (BOS and NJ).
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Ace

The Schiefele line has been effective and Ehlers has looked good in spots. The speed and skill is obviously there but that SOG ratio is not sustainable, especially when they come up against teams that have better depth (BOS and NJ are clearly lower end rosters). The team struggled except in patches against the Islanders yesterday, and will be interesting to see how they fair against the Rangers tonight.

Speed is their strength but when they come up against teams that play run and gun style hockey with better depth, I have a feeling they may struggle. Staying out of the box is what may end up making the difference for this team.

Ehlers is looking speedy and skillful. Some concerns in the D zone but that is to be expected from a rookie.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Jets need to get the PP going.. Go Jets Go!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm so conflicted, because every year I draft Ladd and Wheeler because they're great in multi-cat formats and they generally get a decent number of points.

BUt when I watch the Jets play, the line that these two are on + Little seems to struggle so much with puck possession. They don't skate well, they serve each other up awkward passes, when the passes are there they can't corral them properly and it leads to a giveaway.

Same thing on the PP - when Ladd-Little-Wheeler-Perreault-Byfuglien are out there they spend a lot of the time on the PP trying to gain control of the puck. Put Ehlers-Scheifele-Stafford-Enstrom-Myers out there and the puck is moving and they're* (grammarfail) getting good scoring chances.

Is this how that top line has always been? They seem to capitalize on the few scoring chances they generally do get, but damn they look ugly this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'm so conflicted, because every year I draft Ladd and Wheeler because they're great in multi-cat formats and they generally get a decent number of points.

BUt when I watch the Jets play, the line that these two are on + Little seems to struggle so much with puck possession. They don't skate well, they serve each other up awkward passes, when the passes are there they can't corral them properly and it leads to a giveaway.

Same thing on the PP - when Ladd-Little-Wheeler-Perreault-Byfuglien are out there they spend a lot of the time on the PP trying to gain control of the puck. Put Ehlers-Scheifele-Stafford-Enstrom-Myers out there and the puck is moving and their getting good scoring chances.

Is this how that top line has always been? They seem to capitalize on the few scoring chances they generally do get, but damn they look ugly this year.
    No, they don't always look like that. They're typically great with possession, quick, and a handful on the boards, with strong cycling. Ladd's had a slow start, but remember, he had surgery in the off-season, which really screwed with his routine. Overall, this line is awesome, and very underrated. They're each fantastic players, and they read off of one another exremely well. The PP sometimes looks amazing, sometimes it looks awful. They are definitely in a funk right now, though.

They need someone to muck it up infront of the net.. I've watched every Jets game this season and more than not there is nobody infront.. The players move it around the perimeter well but most shots are either blocked or snatched up easily by the opposing goalie..

Hellebuyck played awesome tonight, looking better and better each game..

Dobber Sports Stud

Just shocking what has happened to the club in the past week

Little has a broken vertebrae
    Ladd shipped out of town

another season down the toilet

Common Jets !
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Just shocking what has happened to the club in the past week

Little has a broken vertebrae
    Ladd shipped out of town

another season down the toilet

Common Jets !
    One step back to move 2 steps forwards there DP. Best to get something for Ladd. Market will determine if Chevy can resign Ladd in offseason.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ninja

The good news is the Jets young players (Hellebuyck, Ehlers, Scheifele, Trouba, I'm sure I'm missing some others) and prospects are very good. If you have to have a down year, this year's draft will add another nice bullet to the Jets arsenal, especially those top 3 (Matthews, Laine, Pujhllasdkflullafjarvi). At least you're not an Oilers fan. Be happy!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The good news is the Jets young players (Hellebuyck, Ehlers, Scheifele, Trouba, I'm sure I'm missing some others) and prospects are very good. ...
    If tonight was any indication, Joel Armia should be seeing a jump in ice time. We'll be missing Evander Kane even less...

Dobber Sports Expert

Looking at the Jets pipeline of young NHLers plus the prospects in the system, this team is absolutely loaded for the future. Keep in mind, the Jets have top level prospects that are capable of filling out roles much needed in the NHL, such as those 3rd/4th line checking/energy roles up front plus defensive depth...its hard to argue they don't boast the best prospect system in the NHL. Here's some of the names:

Goalies: Hellebucyk & Eric Comrie
    Defence: Trouba*, Josh Morrissey, Jan Kostalek, Tucker Poolman, Andrew MacWilliam
    Forwards: Ehlers*, Scheifele*, Armia*, Marko Dano, Brendan Lemieux, Kyle Connor, Jack Roslovic, Nic Petan, Chase De Leo, JC Lipon, Jansen Harkins, Eric Foley, Scott Komachuk

They have players to fill every need going forward. Factor in a top 5 pick in the draft so add a potential Matthews, Puljujarvi, Laine, Tkachuk, Chychrun plus another late first round pick and a high second...this is going to be a scary team starting in the next few years!

Pavelec is going get lit up tonight, he usually does against Montreal.. I will be there to watch it with my own eyes..

Top 3 draft pick here we come!!

Scheifele has been an absolute stud since not being named to team North America.. I wonder what he does today against Peter Charelli and his Edmonton Oilers..