Page 67 of 105 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1570

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Winnipeg Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I'm not able to read the article but based on what I've seen, I wouldn't want Laine and Byfuglien on the same PP unit. They both love shooting but can't seem to make passes to each other to set up the other for a one-timer. Maybe they're making bad passes on purpose so that they can shoot it themselves, I don't know. I'm not really sure which one I'd take off PP1 and who my replacement would be but that's just my take on the situation.

Has Ehlers been on PP1? I thought it was Byfuglien, Laine, Scheifele, Wheeler and Perreault. Maybe Ehlers would be my replacement for one of the shooters actually.

EDIT: Forgot it's Lowry on PP1, so that would be another change I would make. Put Wheeler in front of the net, he can handle that role for sure.
    The TLR version is basically the Jets have been more successful in terms of shot generation, chance generation, and goal generation per 60 with the combo of Ladd-Byfuglien-Perrault-Wheeler-Little than any other combination they’ve rolled out. Basically, let Lowry replace Ladd and let the other 4 do their thing, where “their thing” is being the most successful and productive in terms of actually scoring goals) Jets PP combination.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Who needs Ev around while RA is here? You are the most confrontational person in these forums when someone won't just accept your assessment on anything. Heaven forbid someone has an opinion other than yours, lol.

Are you Ev? You literally haven't been on this forum long enough to know who that is lol. Also, it's not my opinion, its just um. Facts. I don't really care you accept it, the fun thing about facts is they don't change based on people believing them, they will still be true either way.

I'm sure your expert eyes do much much better than.....all of the data. But hey, you played some low level hockey, I'm sure everything you see just crushes lol. It's not like, ~80% of the Canadians on this forum played hockey to a similar or better level than you, and watch far more than you do. Dat eye test doe.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Have you ever played hockey, just curious? Usually those who can't, track and solely rely on stats and data.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dangles View Post
    Have you ever played hockey, just curious? Usually those who can't, track and solely rely on stats and data.
    That's super false lol. Super false. Most "stats guys" IE Kent Wilson, Tyler Dellow, Micah McCurdy all played hockey. Like great "nerd" generalization, it's just ah. Super super wrong. Sorry your narrative falls through.

As to your actual question, I've already answered it.

I mean I'm sure you've talked to all these guys to know first hand that they never played, it's just weird that you're left so misinformed even having first hand knowledge of their lives.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Whatever you say Professor Frink.

And I think I asked if you've ever played? Oh, and the three you mentioned, can't find anything that shows any of them ever played even junior hockey.

I am am not saying that those individuals aren't good at what they do, extrapolate certain info from numbers and data to form an opinion, not at all. I just feel that "data" isnt the only criteria that can/should be looked at. You'll disagree, that's fine. It's okay that your opinion relies solely on data and mine doesn't. I know you'll come back and disagree with that statement because that's what you do.

Ah, trying to insult. The classic fallback when you know you’ve lost. So nice to have you back Ev!

I mean Sakic definitely played the game. Look how much it’s helped him! I’m sure whether you’ve played or not helps a ton, because hockey is such a complex and technical game. I have, at a high level, but it’s not that important. The “have you played the game” narrative is tired and irrelevant. It’s an independent variable.

Welcome back Ev! Look forward to your Turris hot taeks.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Lost what? You haven't convinced me of anything yet, except you have to verbally spar with someone in most threads you post in.

And I think I asked if you've ever played? Oh, and the three you mentioned, can't find anything that shows any of them ever played even junior hockey.

I am am not saying that those individuals aren't good at what they do, extrapolate certain info from numbers and data to form an opinion, not at all. I just feel that "data" isnt the only criteria that can/should be looked at. You'll disagree, that's fine. It's okay that your opinion relies solely on data and mine doesn't. I know you'll come back and disagree with that statement because that's what you do.
    I don’t believe I ever said that. *scrolls back*. Nope, did not. It is very clear that your opinion doesn’t rely on *any* data. Not even goals! The eye test pretty evidently shows Perrault belongs on PP1 too. I bet you think the best way to run a PP is setting up one timers from the point too! Lol.

Lost what? You haven't convinced me of anything yet, except you have to verbally spar with someone in most threads you post in.
    Welcome back Ev!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I bet you think the best way to run a PP is setting up one timers from the point too! Lol.

I don't believe I said that. *scrolls back*. Nope, did not. What other assumption are you going to make. Where is your evidence and data to support your last projection?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Welcome back Ev!
    Lol, I think we all know Ev was better at trolling than this! It doesn't take too long to know who Ev was by reading through threads you've posted in, you two were at each other incessantly.

But keep going with that weak narrative that I'm Ev, lol.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The TLR version is basically the Jets have been more successful in terms of shot generation, chance generation, and goal generation per 60 with the combo of Ladd-Byfuglien-Perrault-Wheeler-Little than any other combination they?ve rolled out. Basically, let Lowry replace Ladd and let the other 4 do their thing, where ?their thing? is being the most successful and productive in terms of actually scoring goals) Jets PP combination.
    I'd say there's a big difference between Ladd in his prime and Lowry, and I think Byfuglien isn't as dynamic as he used to be. So those things also need to be taken into consideration. Part of the problem could definitely also be chemistry - as I said, I wouldn't want Laine and Byfuglien on the same PP because they don't seem to be able to play with each other. Both are definitely guys who should play on PP1 but they can't seem to be able to do it together from what I've seen.

I don't disagree about what you're saying about their previous unit having better results (I have no data to say one way or another) but things aren't as black and white as "just replace Ladd with this 4th liner and then they're all great again". Ladd was a very important part of that PP unit, and that five man unit probably had great chemistry playing together.

Dobber Sports Wizard

In the two games that Byfuglien missed due to injury, the Jets scored 9 goals and more importantly, only 4 goals were scored against them. Coincidence? Small sample size? Sure. But I would love to see what Trouba and Myers can do with bigger minutes over a longer period of time. I've always felt like Byfuglien creates too many offensive opportunities for the opponents. He's great offensively but not so much defensively, and that team has enough offensive weapons available even without him.

But anyways, looks like Byfuglien is back in the lineup tonight. And Mason in goal... I'm guessing they give up more than 2 goals tonight.

EDIT: OK, looks like it's Hellebuyck after all.

Ken Wiebe‏ @WiebeSunSports
    Mason took the shots from Jets D (normal indicator) but Connor Hellebuyck is first goalie off ice and will get a 3rd straight start instead