Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ludvig Rensfeldt

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Ludvig Rensfeldt

A little background, drafted 35th overall by Chicago in the 2nd round of 2010 entry. Was ranked as the 5th European skater going into the draft. Taken 23rd overall in the KHL entry.

So my question is, does anyone have any updates on how this kid is developing? Is he still 2-3 years away? Is he going to be a real gem? Upside? I haven't found much of anything about him other than his stats and the draft information.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wanted to bump this one, since I'm kind of wondering about this guy as well. I know he had a very good U18 tournament last season, but wasn't able to crack the WJC roster for Sweden. He's dominated the J20 league it looks like, and stat-wise he did alright in his callup to the Allsvenskan this season, but wasn't able to do much in the SEL.

Any information would be appreciated.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

This is from people on HFBoards (Swedish posters):

Well, rumour has it he's kind of a doucher and a pest in the locker room and that Brynäs might move him down to an affilliate. Don't take my word for it though. But the fact of the matter is that he hasn't really develloped as well you would want him too so the affiliate roumour might have some substance to it.
    Honestly I think he should go to the AHL to get proper development, but maybe he doesn't want to take that step yet. He's a big physical skilled kid, yet seems to be pretty much last in the pecking order from the Brynäs' juniors to get a chance. And he's not subject to be moved by Brynäs afaik since his contract expires. If he's not getting a spot with them, he'll sign elsewhere and not re-sign just to get loaned to Allsvenskan.

But I agree, something feels like amiss. Joachim Rohdin, an undrafted winger two months older than him is on the team and signed an extension over next year, while Rensfeldt isn't on the team and hasn't signed.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That doesn't bode well... No good.

Dobber Sports Stud

**ck, I traded down to get him too thinking I was getting a possible steal!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nice update Big EV, as always.
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well tbh, he does kind of look like a douche. Damn now not only when we draft to we have to take into account the KHL/SEL/other Euro league factor, we have to factor in how much of a douche bag the kid is.

Drafting gets harder every year.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Here's a tip: don't draft people who everyone says is a steal. In the end they don't turn out to be steals.

Example: every single recent Detroit Red Wing draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Here's a tip: don't draft people who everyone says is a steal. In the end they don't turn out to be steals.

Example: every single recent Detroit Red Wing draft pick.
    You don't think Pulkkinen was a steal? (if Sentium is reading this thread, apologies if I spelt it wrong... haha)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    You don't think Pulkkinen was a steal? (if Sentium is reading this thread, apologies if I spelt it wrong... haha)
    Not yet, no.

All 30 other teams didn't just forget about him when passing on him for 3+ rounds.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The days of the Red Wings finding "steals" are gone in my opinion. Every team has an equal chance at these "steals" with teams improving their scouting department.

In saying that, the Red Wings development system is what makes their prospects so valuable as they tend to have a high success rate of turning out eventual pros. Of course they aren't all "elite" but when you can develop your prospects into serviceable professionals then that is extremely valuable.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Heads up gentlemen, Rensfeldt was drafted by the Sarnia Sting in the CHL Import draft.

No word on whether Rensfeldt has confirmed that he will report but based on the fact that sarnia deleted on of their recent high import picks from previous year to make room for Rensfeldt it looks as though Sarnia will try hard for him to report.

If he does, yours truly will have all kinds of scouting reports on him and the ton of other star players in a sting uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Heads up gentlemen, Rensfeldt was drafted by the Sarnia Sting in the CHL Import draft.

No word on whether Rensfeldt has confirmed that he will report but based on the fact that sarnia deleted on of their recent high import picks from previous year to make room for Rensfeldt it looks as though Sarnia will try hard for him to report.

If he does, yours truly will have all kinds of scouting reports on him and the ton of other star players in a sting uniform.
    Looking forward to it Dean.

Dobber Sports Stud

Awesome! I hope it's some good news instead of the doom and gloom that we have in this thread so far...
    10 Team Yahoo Roto

Dobber Sports Stud

digging up an old post here while trying to find some new updates on Rensfeldt.. so Rensfeldt looks like a big ol bust... and Pulkkinen might not be the steal he was thought to be...

but .... DAMN Gustav Nyquist is sure looking like a 4th round steal!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto