Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fantasy Mailbag - May 30

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Islanders

What's your thoughts on the Isles goalies this year and next?
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nabokov

Where do you see Nabokov playing next year and do you see him being fantasy worthy?

Thanks..

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks for answering my first question. I have a second question.

Where does Tokarski fit into the NHL currently? I know he had a cup of coffee with the Bolts. he stay with Tampa ( knowing they'll probably re-up Roli or sign a FA or trade. OR does Tokarski make it as a starter elsewhere down the road? OR only backup material at best?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey justin,

thanx for doing this big time... I was looking for some insight in the goaltending on my team... I have 4 youngish tenders on my squad I can only keep 2-3 of them so I was wondering what u thought of them and there chances of being a starter and having in the near future... They are Bob, Holtby, Leighton and Montoya. If you could give me some insight that be awesome.
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by Rrabbit View Post
    As a Colorado fan I'd love to hear your take on the Avs goaltending situation.

Are they going after some big name free agent this offseason? Any chance of seeing Schneider or Bernier in the Avs uniform next season? Are they just riding it out with Elliot and whoever they replace Budaj with?
    Avs goaltending is disasterous, to say the least. I rant and rave about it more than any other team since I've been covering the team since the year before the Lockout.

I won't go into the details that make their history since Roy retired so terrible, though. That's the past. What matters now is that Joe Sakic is an advisor and he will make it known to upper management that a top-flight, reliable, workhorse goalie is needed.

Chances of seeing Schneider or Bernier in an Avs uniform is less than 5%. They are much more likely to get a veteran in his early to mid 30's and someone they can rely on to play 60 games. Think bigger, like Vokoun or someone like that. They won't trade a good prospect for a young goalie, that just seems very unlikely at this point.

But I will keep a close eye on things, Sakic in the office makes a world of difference and a whole new culture could come of this. We'll just have to see. But I don't expect it to be Schneider or Bernier.

Elliott will be the backup, Budaj will start a new chapter.

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by valec View Post
    What's your thoughts on the Isles goalies this year and next?
    Love what Garth has done in the past two years. Anders Nilsson just signed an ELC late last week, which is great news. And obviously he struck gold with the Al Montoya acquisition.

And even though they had some crazy injuries last year, it was a blessing in disguise because I got to see all their prospects play in tough situations at higher levels. We discovered that Poulin is a legit long-term keeper that is going to be very good in a few more years. Koskinen went through some crazy adversity but really impressed in his handful of NHL games. DiPietro is what he is, a band-aid boy and Montoya makes a great backup and will probably play more games than DiPietro next year. They'll shed unnecessary weight with Lawson walking and open the door for Poulin and Koskinen to battle each other in Bridgeport next year.

So everything looks gravy to me. They had a three-headed monster in the AHL this year and that was annoying. Won't happen next year, which is huge.

The Magnificent One

hey thanxs for doing this. always love hearing about goalie insights.

Was wondering about 2 goalies right now:

1) Jonas Gustavsson - he was the leafs golden boy and they were super excited to be the ones to sign him. fast forward 2 seasons and he has just been OK. some great stuff but now he is the backup's backup and sitting on the bench or minors. what happens to him going forward? was he all hype or is the real deal?

2) Jack Campbell - i know he is young and just drafted but the talk last year was awesome stuff. the next best after the current prospect class (markstrom, bernier, rask), atleast that was my impression. What happens now that Dallas has lehtonen. do we see campbell at all in the next 2 - 3 seasons or are we talking buried and will need a trade to get him to be a starter soon? basically is he that good and whats the time table of his career?

thanxs again.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The King of Diatribes

Quote Originally Posted by dmnx2 View Post
    Where do you see Nabokov playing next year and do you see him being fantasy worthy?

Thanks..
    Maybe with the Islanders if DiPietro is injured before the season begins. Possibly moved to a team like Colorado but I don't see that happening. Obviously his fantasy value is tied to a move or a serious DiPietro injury.

I'll go out on a limb and say I do see him having some kind of fantasy value next year because goalie injuries are a part of life. Who knows who gets snagged by a serious injury. But I've come to expect at least one or two surprises around the time the season starts.