Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado Avalanche

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by mapletreemarty View Post
    Goodbye to Ryan O'Reilly.... what an unfortunate turn of events.

I f'n hate Avs management, they're so goddamned stubborn, and refuse to negotiate.

Seriously they go up from 3.5 per to 4 per year on a two-year deal and O'Reilly would have been in uniform by now, however there are no negotiations, and things got personal between the two sides, so there's no turning back now.

Avs are rumored to be looking for a roster player and top prospect in return. I have a feeling whatever the package is in return it won't be enough.
    Leafs fan here (hey, I like watching the Avs play) and I think this O'Reilly thing is just embarassing. For all sides.

Did this crap used to happen back in the day?
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Star

My wife is a Leafs fan, I knock wood as I say this, but the Leafs are looking good at the moment.

This has been happening more recently since the salary cap came in and the Avs were royally screwed by the economics. Coming out of the lockout they were essentially forced to choose between Forsberg and Sakic and had to give Foppa a fairly lowball offer to avoid completely gutting the team.

Management has taken a serious and harsh take it or leave it approach when re-signing their own players. They place a $ value on an asset make an offer to retain said asset and than go hide in their "bunker" as everyone likes to call it. If the player doesn't sign immediately they either don't return through UFA, or get shipped out.

It's getting tiresome but Kroenke and company pinch pennies when it comes to the Avs as many assume their true love and passion is soccer, and in N. America it's the Nuggets and the NBA.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

The Wolverine

Change of subject, but would appreciate any insight on McGinn so far this season.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Change of subject, but would appreciate any insight on McGinn so far this season.
    He's playing on the top line, and realistically the only offensive line the Avs have right now, but they've been playing well and shown some chemistry..

He's been snake bitten, has had lots of chances in and around the goal, but without being active during the lockout it was also reported that he showed up to camp a little out of shape.

He's been working hard and should start to see some more bounces going his way soon.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Star

EJ confirmed out indefinitely with a concussion.

Pock and/or Gaunce to be called up from the LE Monsters... Elliott isn't getting the call as he's dealing with a head injury of his own in Lake Erie... Hunwick is expected to play Thursday night, he may be returning early from his own torso injury...

Hunwick, Hejda, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Barrie, Zanon are the 6D at the moment... OUCH!!
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

The Wolverine

He's playing on the top line, and realistically the only offensive line the Avs have right now, but they've been playing well and shown some chemistry..

He's been snake bitten, has had lots of chances in and around the goal, but without being active during the lockout it was also reported that he showed up to camp a little out of shape.

He's been working hard and should start to see some more bounces going his way soon.
    Cool, thanks.

Dobber Sports Guru

EJ confirmed out indefinitely with a concussion.

Pock and/or Gaunce to be called up from the LE Monsters... Elliott isn't getting the call as he's dealing with a head injury of his own in Lake Erie... Hunwick is expected to play Thursday night, he may be returning early from his own torso injury...

Hunwick, Hejda, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Barrie, Zanon are the 6D at the moment... OUCH!!
    That has to be the worst top 6 d in the league right now, or started by anyone all year for that matter. I feel bad for Varlamov . I have Parenteau and Duchene in multiple leagues and I can only imagine what they could do together with more talent on the backend.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dear god...wish I hadn't drafted Varlamov in my one-year league now. No O'Reilly, no landeskog, shitty d. ugh.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Dear god...wish I hadn't drafted Varlamov in my one-year league now.
    So does everyone else

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    That has to be the worst top 6 d in the league right now, or started by anyone all year for that matter. I feel bad for Varlamov . I have Parenteau and Duchene in multiple leagues and I can only imagine what they could do together with more talent on the backend.
    I hear you, this team can fly up and down the ice, but they don't have any D now that can break them out of the zone with a crisp first pass, EJ was doing a good job, although not showing up on the scoresheet, but he carried this team during the year in their own end... this is honestly going to get very ugly, depending on how Varly stands on his head.

Hopefully Barrie matures, and matures quickly, but he's shown that he prefers to skate the puck up and into the offensive zone as opposed to making the outlet pass.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Dear god...wish I hadn't drafted Varlamov in my one-year league now. No O'Reilly, no landeskog, shitty d. ugh.
    Perhaps Varly will get you lots of saves??? haha actually this team does block a bunch of shots, especially since Greg Zanon can't do anything else. O'Byrne is great at taking cross checking penalties on the PK to give the other team a two man advantage. Hunwick is one of the fastest skating D man I've ever seen, especially backwards he can skate faster than most guys skating forwards, however he hasn't been able to actually apply that skill to the game of hockey. Barrie just loves to carry the puck into the offensive zone and skate around the net before coughing it up, or repeatedly hits shin pads with his point shots. O'Brien thinks he's Bobby Orr carrying the puck through the neutral zone with one hand on his stick shielding the defender with his other arm as if he were playing a game of one-on-one shinny. Finally Jan Hejda, well, he's actually the only decent D left on this team now, he's done well considering who he's been partnered with, and has an underrated heavy shot, but we insist on playing 8-9 forwards on our two PP units.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Guess Barrie was sent down. Dont see him scratched tonight.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Soo...did Colorado lay down as much of a turd as the Oilers highlights made it out to be? Because from where I was sitting it looked like Varlamov got seriously hung out to dry tonight. None of the goals were really weak...all pretty much off of a Avs turnover or on the PP. No support on the rebounds either.

Dobber Sports Star

Joey Hishon saw his first game action tonight for the Lake Erie Monsters in almost 2 years due to a concussion.....Not many reports up yet, but he was even on the night with 3 SOG as the Monsters lost to the Marlies 4-2 in Lake Erie.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

adater ‏@adater 3m Jones and McGinn will be healthy scratches for #Avs tonight