Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado Avalanche

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    I'd be extremely surprised if the goal wasn't playoffs. Last season was the tank year after all of the injuries hit. I'd expect a D for winger swap sometime before the deadline. Mueller and Hishon's concussion problems have really dealt a blow to their forward depth - something I think Sherman had in the back of his mind going into the season.
    The month of January will be very telling... if the Avs continue to roll, and have a good showing on the road, than I could see them making some deals to help with some temporary depth at the moment.

Although he's been one of their top D this season, I could see Quincey getting moved for a top 6 F.... when the Avs were winning they sat a healthy Quincey for 4 games as he returned from his injury because they didn't want to mess with their team chemistry. This did two things... it showed the Avs that they can win without Quincey in their lineup, but also, they were trying to showcase a depth guy like Hunwick as well... Hunwick won't bring back anything near what Quincey could in a deal for a Forward.

I think the main goal is to stay out of the bottom 10 teams in the league... if they are close to a playoff spot, and are in the hunt and possibly sneak it at #8 it's a bonus. The Avs are about to move into the next part of their rebuild where they will spend a little money to surround their young core with some missing pieces via free agency.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Why is he paired with EJ on the first pairing?!?! Makes no sense.
    SOB is on pace for 134 PIM this season, and his surprising offensive contribution is because the Avs like to get the puck back to the point a lot to throw it on net when they have offensive zone possession. The Avs blueline is top 5 in pts. this year in the NHL (I looked into this a week ago).

The reason they have him with EJ is to hopefully allow EJ to play a little more open and try to push the pace from the back end with a steady stay at home guy like O'Brien back there. Unfortunately SOB has struggled defensively especially as of late, as such it has complicated EJ's decision to jump into the rush, or pinch offensively and that hesitation has plagued him this season.

He needs to play a simplified game to get his confidence back.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Interested in Stastny...Was wondering with Mueller back and Duchene back soon...how do you see the Avs lines shaking up?

Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk? Stats centering the first line?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by soconfused View Post
    Interested in Stastny...Was wondering with Mueller back and Duchene back soon...how do you see the Avs lines shaking up?

Mueller - Duchene - Hejduk? Stats centering the first line?
    When Duchene comes back, he'll be back at LW.

I see him bumping Galiardi out of the top 6 so that the top line would look like Duchene Stastny and Mueller, and keep Landy and O'Reilly together with Hejduk. Sacco has liked that O'Reilly line.

The third line would be Galiardi and Winnik on the wings with McClement down the middle.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Star

Welcome back Peter Mueller!!!!!!!!!

2 goals and 1 assist last night.

He ended up on a line with Stastny and Galiardi.... if Duchene comes back and bumps Galiardi down that could be a deadly line.

In the 3rd Period the Avs rolled with 5 F's on the top PP unit.... O'Reilly and Mueller on the points with Landy, Stastny, and Hejduk up front.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can any one give me some info on Mueller going down the stretch?

Looks like hes getting lil 2nd unit PP and role playing 3rd line? Does he not have his wheels yet or what. Do not get any CO games. Clicking pts here and there but need more than reg assist from his roster spot.
    C- Sharp, Marleau, Dubz
    LW- J Neal, T Hall,
    RW- Nichushkin, Ovechkin, Wheller, Tarasenko
    D- Markov, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto, Seabrook
    G- Lehtonen, Smith, Thomas
    12 Team Yahoo

IR -

Dobber Sports Novice

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by J_Blu3Jack3t View Post
    Can any one give me some info on Mueller going down the stretch?

Looks like hes getting lil 2nd unit PP and role playing 3rd line? Does he not have his wheels yet or what. Do not get any CO games. Clicking pts here and there but need more than reg assist from his roster spot.
    He was just stratched. He was playing on a line with Duchene/Hejduk for a while, but they've been abyssmal lately. Mueller has been a bright spot for much of his time back, but he's been a massive liability recently. The scratch could spark him in the final games...assuming he isn't injured.

Blame the coach. The rest of us Avs fans do.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nice piece written in the Denver Post about Ryan O'Reilly, looks like he's expected to make somewhere around $4M per year on his next deal

Young center Ryan O'Reilly is the last player to leave the ice after an Avalanche practice, and the last player to leave the arena after games. Every practice. Every game.
    While his teammates are headed to lunch or a post-game meal, O'Reilly is typically playing on-ice games by himself, running the arena stairs or throwing around a medicine ball. He is the epitome of a hard-working professional athlete who really cares.
    Because of that, plus his exceptional skills — he led the NHL with 101 takeaways last season — the restricted free agent should not be the last Avalanche to sign a contract for 2012-13. Fact is, it's July 20 and O'Reilly is the last remaining non-free agent to be signed by Colorado general manager Greg Sherman.
    The Avs, meanwhile, have 21 veterans under contract and are more than $16 million under the current salary cap, according to capgeek.com, with plenty of money to send O'Reilly's way. O'Reilly, 21, led the Avs in assists (37) and points (55) last season, while often taking most of the big defensive-end faceoffs and killing penalties.
    He won't command a $6.6 million salary like Paul Stastny, who is locked in for another two seasons, but he surely belongs in the $4 million range along with David Jones and P.A. Parenteau, who recently signed identical-looking, four-year, $16 million deals.
    Let's get this done. O'Reilly is not a picky, demanding guy, so the delay is probably not his fault. He wears No. 37 because he was given that jersey as an 18-year-old rookie, and never bothered to upgrade to what he really wants — "something with a 9," he once said.
    The full article can be found here : http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...-avalanche+%28

Dobber Sports Pro

I like O'Reilly, and think he has "it". I am very eager to watch his line again this season.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ace

Colorado line Combonations:

Landeskog - Duchene - Parenteau

Jones - Stastny - Hejduk

McGinn - O'Reilly - Downie

McLeod -Mitchell - Kobasew

If the lines end up getting changed (as i imagine they will at some points through the season) i expect that 1st line to be PP1 most of the time. They have the perfect complimentary styles to not just to succeed but to really bust out. (Think Moulson -Tavares - P.A. of Last season)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

McGinn - Stastny - Jones and Landeskog - OReilly - Downie were awesome last season. And Duchene has already played a ton with Hejduk, so why would they change that chemistry?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree. Where are these line combinations coming from? I think I'm going to go on the Hurricanes thread and start posting random combinations that I think look good.

It will be a "tough minutes" line of Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie, a "secondary scoring" line of McGinn-Stastny-Jones, and an "easy minutes" line of Hejduk-Duchene-Parenteau.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    I agree. Where are these line combinations coming from? I think I'm going to go on the Hurricanes thread and start posting random combinations that I think look good.

It will be a "tough minutes" line of Landeskog-O'Reilly-Downie, a "secondary scoring" line of McGinn-Stastny-Jones, and an "easy minutes" line of Hejduk-Duchene-Parenteau.
    Everything changes guy's. Stastny and Duchene were horrible last year, you really think they wont try to spark them? Landeskog's upside is limited with O'Reilly and Downie.
    Anyways we'll see once the season starts.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It's guys, not guy's...

But anyway. Stastny was horrible for the 2011 calendar year. Once 2012 rolled around, Stastny was actually quite solid according to advanced metrics and anyone who watched him with McGinn and Jones wouldn't need advanced metrics. And Landeskog's upside is limited with those two? They complement each other perfectly and Landeskog has been playing the way he was projected in the draft: as a two-way crash and bang scorer. That line is perfect for him.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    It's guys, not guy's...

But anyway. Stastny was horrible for the 2011 calendar year. Once 2012 rolled around, Stastny was actually quite solid according to advanced metrics and anyone who watched him with McGinn and Jones wouldn't need advanced metrics. And Landeskog's upside is limited with those two? They complement each other perfectly and Landeskog has been playing the way he was projected in the draft: as a two-way crash and bang scorer. That line is perfect for him.
    Ok, My Apologise. Please forgive me for seeing things another way.

(P.S. please feel free to correct all my spelling and grammer thancks