8. Seadawgs - Chris Stewart
    9. Renegades - Alex Goligoski
    10. Jersey 18's - Kevin Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Sage

The defenseman rush finally happened.

Banned

Yeah and I only have 1 d-man, ****!

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker26 View Post
    There have been some stretch picks but that is normal with no trading. Price might have been a little early but I doubt he would have gotten back to you.
    That's exactly how I look at it too....you and I have back-to-back picks (cool) but 18 players subsequently fly off the boards by the time it gets back to us (not so cool).

I knew it was a bit of a stretch but for the peace of mind it was worth it.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Giroux going #10 was a big surprise to me, but Bomm had to take him since he really wanted him and he didn't pick for like 19 more pick after that.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    That's exactly how I look at it too....you and I have back-to-back picks (cool) but 18 players subsequently fly off the boards by the time it gets back to us (not so cool).

I knew it was a bit of a stretch but for the peace of mind it was worth it.
    If you hadnt taken Giroux I would have with my second or third pick for sure.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    If you hadnt taken Giroux I would have with my second or third pick for sure.
    He would not have gotten past my third round pick. So far so good, I feel I picked Briere a little early but he's been pretty clutch in our format and I don't see him slowing down.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Giroux going #10 was a big surprise to me, but Bomm had to take him since he really wanted him and he didn't pick for like 19 more pick after that.
    Trying to be as objective about it as I can be, I overestimated the urgency for goalie. Hindsight being what it is, I think Giroux-Parise would have been the route to go at that point.

But...and maybe I overvalue Giroux....within rounds two and three, with the exception of Parise I see no better forward - weighing both next year productivity + long term upside. Many equals perhaps....Hall maybe better long-term upside but next year Giroux out performs him (and periphs will be slightly better).

So....that's my thinking. Too warped?
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Trying to be as objective about it as I can be, I overestimated the urgency for goalie. Hindsight being what it is, I think Giroux-Parise would have been the route to go at that point.

But...and maybe I overvalue Giroux....within rounds two and three, with the exception of Parise I see no better forward - weighing both next year productivity + long term upside. Many equals perhaps....Hall maybe better long-term upside but next year Giroux out performs him (and periphs will be slightly better).

So....that's my thinking. Too warped?
    Naw, understandable. For example I would have picked my guy Parise over Giroux, but everybody values players differently.

I feel I reached on Cam ward but I needed to get my first goalie. He'd probably still be on the board now, I think.

I will say I notice I'm not to far off in my valuations because players I target as the draft re-winds its way back to me start flying off the pages. Much to my chagrin!

This is a fun one!!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Posted this on the site and thought I'd add it here...

Some random thoughts through 8+ rounds...

1. Good call by Adam to decide on no trading during the draft. In past drafts, I've made some savvy moves that have led to great success (swung a deal in a 14-team league allowing me to get the Sedins with back-to-back picks late in the third round in 2007...I've won the league every year since), but it also has led to teams going in very specific and narrow directions (very young, old, etc.). Thus far, it's clear some teams are going on the young side, but at the same time, every team looks pretty good so far - lots of parity. Part of this should obviously be attributed to the talent pool of our GM's, but I'd also attribute much of it to the "no trading during the draft" policy.

2. Love the dedication thus far - special thanks to Ryan for staying up at 2:00 in the morning (his time) to keep the draft moving.

3. Have to think Big Ev's team is the favorite for next year. Still early, but he has a handful of over-30's who are still going to be something special for the foreseeable future (H. Sedin, St. Louis, Iginla, Zetterberg).

4. Sidenote on St. Louis - don't expect him to slow down soon. He's a physical specimen, and should be an elite player for at least the next three seasons. One kid Adam and I know (committed on a full ride to Vermont) worked out with him over the summer, and he said that St. Louis' calves are bigger than his thighs, and this kid is pretty cut/big. Not sure if any of you have seen the St. Louis workout article in SI, but that should give you a pretty good idea of the guy's work ethic.

5. I've been surprise but the err...lack of surprises, thus far. Not many people going "far off the board" just yet.

Read more: http://askl11.proboards.com/index.cg...#ixzz1MvMvY6q6

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yeah I was surprised too. But as Bomm said, he wouldn't have gotten back to him at his next pick.

This is why trading is good in drafts since you can trade down if you want to get someone later or trade up. But I thought it best to just draft.

Tonight should be a good night since Ryan will be on a lot. I can see us getting a bunch of rounds done.

Dobber Sports Pro

Adam, try to update the page as much as possible tonight or assign JR to help out. I will be away and have to rely on my phone. Ughhhh
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Total reach for Hedman. No excuses on that one...just in a hurry to bail outta the office. Funny thing, brain was tellin' me JJ and for some reason wound up with Hedman.

Getting Myers was awesome! That kid is gonna be huge for a loooooong time.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

Round 10
    1. Crease Crashers - Victor Hedman
    2. Shakedown Smackdown - Kyle Okposo
    3. Silver Seven - Jack Johnson
    4. Louisville Laughers - Ales Hemsky
    5. Velvet Morning - Erik Johnson
    6. Wendel's Warriors - Zdeno Chara
    7. Maaasquito Bites - Dion Phaneuf
    8. Seadawgs - David Backes
    9. Renegades - James van Riemsdyk