Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ASKL - All-Star Keeper League

Banned

It's not just injuries with Mike Green IMO. This is jut my opinion, but I feel he has always been overrated simply due to the team he plays for. Now that they aren't as dominant looking, there are other options who may be better right now. I was def going to take Green if he wasn't snatched up before me though.

The way he puts himself in positions to get hurt is what concerns me about him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    It's not just injuries with Mike Green IMO. This is jut my opinion, but I feel he has always been overrated simply due to the team he plays for. Now that they aren't as dominant looking, there are other options who may be better right now. I was def going to take Green if he wasn't snatched up before me though.

The way he puts himself in positions to get hurt is what concerns me about him.
    Yea, there's definitely a boom/bust element to him. Just saying in prior years he was a sure-fire top 5 pick in most leagues and now every draft I've seen/taken part in he's fallen out of the top 30.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Yea, there's definitely a boom/bust element to him. Just saying in prior years he was a sure-fire top 5 pick in most leagues and now every draft I've seen/taken part in he's fallen out of the top 30.
    It's probably because everybody says in their head "naw I'll just pick this guy and see if Green falls", and everyone has that mentality for every pick once he starts falling some more, until someone grabs him. I know I did that.

It's probably because everybody says in their head "naw I'll just pick this guy and see if Green falls", and everyone has that mentality for every pick once he starts falling some more, until someone grabs him. I know I did that.
    Yep. Drafts are an interesting thing, you can plan as much as you want but once you go into the draft you never know what's going to happen.

In the last one I did, I was planning on making a lot of safe picks and grabbing a few gambles late. Green fell to 31 so I took him, after seeing some of the guys picked in the third round I grabbed [another dude] way earlier than I planned as I didn't think he would make it to my next pick, and then [some other guy] fell to me in the 4th so I grabbed him. So I went in trying to play it safe and ended up using 3 of my early picks on two boom/bust defenseman and a young unproven player.
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; May 20, 2011 at 12:12 AM.

Banned

Yep. Drafts are an interesting thing, you can plan as much as you want but once you go into the draft you never know what's going to happen.

In the last one I did, I was planning on making a lot of safe picks and grabbing a few gambles late. Green fell to 31 so I took him, after seeing some of the guys picked in the third round I grabbed Evander Kane way earlier than I planned as I didn't think he would make it to my next pick, and then Byfgulien fell to me in the 4th so I grabbed him. So I went in trying to play it safe and ended up using 3 of my early picks on two boom/bust defenseman and a young unproven player.
    Shhhh, Byfuglien hasn't gone yet in this pool.

Banned

Round 5
    1. Jersey 18's - Ryan Miller
    2. Renegades - Erik Karlsson
    3. Seadawgs - Marc-Andre Fleury
    4. Maaasquito Bites - Dany Heatley
    5. Wendel's Warriors - Pekka Rinne
    6. Velvet Morning - Vincent Lecavalier
    7. Louisville Laughers - Ilja Bryzgalov
    8. Silver Seven - Jarome Iginla
    9. Shakedown Smackdown - Duncan Keith
    10. Crease Crashers - Jordan Eberle

Round 6
    1. Crease Crashers - Jamie Benn
    2. Shakedown Smackdown - Patrik Berglund
    3. Silver Seven - Cam Ward
    4. Louisville Laughers - P.K. Subban
    5. Velvet Morning - Mikko Koivu
    6. Wendel's Warriors - Paul Stastny
    7. Maaasquito Bites - Phil Kessel
    8. Seadawgs - Mike Richards
    9. Renegades - Tobias Enstrom
    10. Jersey 18's - Thomas Vanek

Shhhh, xxxxx hasn't gone yet in this pool.
    Oops, didn't think about name dropping. I'll edit my post

Dobber Sports Sage

Oops, didn't think about name dropping. I'll edit my post
    Haha too late. This guy already saw it

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hahaha, this thread is a fun read
    "another dude", "some other guy"

priceless
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Banned

Gaborik finally picked - 7th round

Dobber Sports Monster

Wow, those are some interesting draft results so far. When I saw Toews I was like then saw it was Shake... haha

LOL I'm as loyal as they come. Some guys I just have to own in fantasy. I'm a mess like that haha

Banned

Round 7
    1. Jersey 18's - John Carlson
    2. Renegades - Danny Briere
    3. Seadawgs - Jaroslav Halak
    4. Maaasquito Bites - Marian Hossa
    5. Wendel's Warriors - Corey Crawford
    6. Velvet Morning - Marian Gaborik
    7. Louisville Laughers - Patrick Sharp
    8. Silver Seven - Logan Couture
    9. Shakedown Smackdown - Evander Kane
    10. Crease Crashers - Loui Eriksson

Dobber Sports Ace

Great read so far guys, I'll enjoy reading through the rest of your draft!
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Yeah, for me it was definitely weighing risk/benefit. Green...to me....despite the better up side, was more of a risk than Yandle. Not that any player is a sure thing, but....I guess I'd rather have a reliable (perceived, anyway) 45-50 point guy, than one who might hit 65-70?

Coming down the first round I really wanted Getz and Giroux at 1.10 and 2.1, but once Shakes snagged Getz I figured I might as well get goalie out of the way. Somewhat early I think in this draft, but I didn't mind the slight reach here cuz Price will anchor my team quite well.

Same at the end of round three it was semin and st louis on my board, but having st louis snagged lead me to Yandle.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Yeah, for me it was definitely weighing risk/benefit. Green...to me....despite the better up side, was more of a risk than Yandle. Not that any player is a sure thing, but....I guess I'd rather have a reliable (perceived, anyway) 45-50 point guy, than one who might hit 65-70?

Coming down the first round I really wanted Getz and Giroux at 1.10 and 2.1, but once Shakes snagged Getz I figured I might as well get goalie out of the way. Somewhat early I think in this draft, but I didn't mind the slight reach here cuz Price will anchor my team quite well.

Same at the end of round three it was semin and st louis on my board, but having st louis snagged lead me to Yandle.
    There have been some stretch picks but that is normal with no trading. Price might have been a little early but I doubt he would have gotten back to you.