Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Boston Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    for this season, yes. their cap overages severely hurt their team for this season. they should be able to re-tool for next season. boston is still top 10 in corsi and fenwick but their pdo has not been as favorable as years past.

chara doesnt look right, he did have a sprained knee after all. maybe his supreme tallness needed more time to heal.
    I watch the games and feel like they are not driving possession, but you say numbers show otherwise....thanks always good to look at the analytics. They don't lie.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

The Great One

Chara didn't look right last season either. Obviously he is regressing but offensively it might be faster than we think.

Dobber Sports Icon

Brad Marchand and Torey Krug got into a little scuffle at practice yesterday . Nice to see a little passion out of them. Apparently it was sparked by a short joke. Both said afterwards that there was no more animosity.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Padawan

Time to rebuild Boston? They look awfull....
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm a Habs fan, so that means a Bruins-hater, but one thing I don't understand is people asking for Julien/Chiarelli to be fired. In the last four years, they've won a Cup, went to the finals, finished first in the Northeast three times, and the only time they didn't make it to the finals, they went to a game 7.

So they're having a down year. Bruins fans should relax a little. Is there really anyone better on the market that can have more success than what Julien/Chiarelli have had the last four years?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm a Habs fan, so that means a Bruins-hater, but one thing I don't understand is people asking for Julien/Chiarelli to be fired. In the last four years, they've won a Cup, went to the finals, finished first in the Northeast three times, and the only time they didn't make it to the finals, they went to a game 7.

So they're having a down year. Bruins fans should relax a little. Is there really anyone better on the market that can have more success than what Julien/Chiarelli have had the last four years?
    I totally agree, but it sounds like it isn't just the fans that are flipping out, it's the president and CEO, too. They're at great risk of breaking up something good here.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Rask was horrible last night in a high pressure situation...

He dropped the ball in a must win situation...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    Rask was horrible last night in a high pressure situation...

He dropped the ball in a must win situation...
    Curious to see what changes come if they miss the playoffs. The odds aren't looking good right now but they're still in

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dropped it again today...

This team was supposed to challenge for the President trophy but this team is not even looking good to make the playoffs.

They simply lack offense...

And Rask cannot steal games for them this season...

Dobber Sports Ninja

They lost Boychuk, Chara is a year older and Krejci has missed a very large part of the season. Still, you would have thought that with so much perceived depth, they would have stepped up as a team. They haven't looked "on" for most of the year. Hard to think this team might not make the playoffs, but man, my confidence is on shaky ground here.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

What are the odds Claude Julien loses his job after Boston loses tomorrow night against TB, and the Bruins miss the playoffs?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

Everywhere I look, people are saying that the Bruins are going to be a much worse team than they were last season so I am going to actually look at their most used lineup last season vs their projected starting line up for this season to see how much worse they might actually be.

Last Year
    Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
    Lucic - Spooner - Pastrnak
    Eriksson - Kelly - Soderberg
    Paille - Campbell - Gagne/Talbot/etc

This Year
    Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
    Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak
    Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes
    Rinaldo - Kelly - Talbot

Assuming Krejci is healthy for the whole season, the Bruins are better up front then they were last year.

Last Year
    Chara (with 1 leg) - Hamilton
    Seidenberg - McQuaid
    Krug - Miller/Trotman/Morrow/Bartkowski

This Year (in no particular order)
    Chara - McQuaid
    Seidenberg - Miller
    Krug - Miller/Trotman/Morrow/Irwin

The loss of Hamilton will be felt but if Chara is healthy then that makes up for a bit of it.

Rask vs Rask

Overall, their defence gets worse with the loss of Hamilton but their forwards should be better. If Rask plays the way he can, there is no reason the Bruins won't be a playoff team next season.

The one thing that everyone is forgetting is the Bruins had the most points by a team to miss the playoffs in the history of the NHL. (unconfirmed stat but it's true since at least the 99/00 season)

Dobber Sports Star

Chara won't play tonight:
    CSNNE.com ‏@CSNNE 2h2 hours ago

Zdeno Chara won't play in #Bruins' opener tonight - @HackswithHaggs http://bit.ly/1jcPmU7

Dobber Sports Genius

Friday’s Practice Lineup

Gold Jerseys: Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, Loui Eriksson

White Jerseys: Matt Beleskey, David Krejci, David Pastrnak

Gray Jerseys: Brett Connolly, Ryan Spooner, Jimmy Hayes, Tyler Randell

Red Jerseys: Chris Kelly, Joonas Kemppainen, Max Talbot, Zac Rinaldo

Defensemen: Zdeno Chara, Colin Miller, Adam McQuaid, Torey Krug, Kevan Miller, Joe Morrow, Zach Trotman, Matt Irwin

Goaltenders: Tuukka Rask, Jonas Gustavsson
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Now that was a beauty BLACK FRIDAY win over the Rangers!! Go Bruins!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..