Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Monster

Chiarelli indicates in presser that Eriksson fits in as a RW.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The B's must pull their hair out not being able to buy out Savard.

Dobber Sports Monster

Carter Camper has re-signed with the Boston Bruins.
    Camper had 10 goals and 47 points in 57 games with the AHL Providence Bruins. He was a restricted free agent and agreed to a one-year, two-way deal.
    Source: CSN New England
    Jul 8 - 8:40 PM

Just wanted to pop in (albeit a tad late) and say kudos on that Eriksson trade. I really believe he'll thrive here - just a great fit. Little spike on the points side, and def periphs such as his +/-.

Jealous...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Bruins announce they've extended contract of GM Peter Chiarelli through 2017-18.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've watched a few B's games this year and thought I'd offer my thoughts:

Lucic-Krejci-Iggy: have their dangerous moments, but the shots aren't going in for Iggy at the moment. I think he could have a big 2nd half as he often does.

Krug has been the only effective dman on the PP. Even the Chara in front of the net experiment isn't going great. They're rolling the Lucic-Krejci-Iggy line a lot on PP1, I honestly think they should go all-in on PP1 and try Eriksson instead of Chara and put Lucic in front.

Their 5 on 3 today was Bergeron in front, Chara feeding Iggy for the one timer, and Krejci and Lucic also on the perimeter. Iggy had some decent shots. Didn't think Chara's shots were all that close to the net/effective. Not much movement. At the very least I think they should've had Krejci feeding Iggy. Because Chara wasn;t in front, I didn't see the point having him out there. Thought they should've went with Kruf=g or Loui over him.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Boston Bruins

No posts here since mid-Oct? Wow, this is the team to beat in the East. Best forward depth in the Conference, maybe the NHL, one of the top goalies in the league and Big Z. Yeah, their defense is their only weakness that I can see. They have the required team toughness, they've won a Cup recently and I don't think Pittsburgh has the depth to beat this Bruins team. Sure, Malkin will be back, but he won't be 100% (I know that no one is 100%, but most guys aren't sitting out 2-3 weeks to recover either). Plus who knows if Fleury will be All-World or All-Sieve when the playoffs start. I like the Rangers forward AND defensive depth, plus the King will be hungry for his own Cup, but at the end of the day, I don't see this Ranger crew beating a tough Bruin squad in a 7 game series. I know that I really want to see that though!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    No posts here since mid-Oct? Wow, this is the team to beat in the East. Best forward depth in the Conference, maybe the NHL, one of the top goalies in the league and Big Z. Yeah, their defense is their only weakness that I can see. They have the required team toughness, they've won a Cup recently and I don't think Pittsburgh has the depth to beat this Bruins team. Sure, Malkin will be back, but he won't be 100% (I know that no one is 100%, but most guys aren't sitting out 2-3 weeks to recover either). Plus who knows if Fleury will be All-World or All-Sieve when the playoffs start. I like the Rangers forward AND defensive depth, plus the King will be hungry for his own Cup, but at the end of the day, I don't see this Ranger crew beating a tough Bruin squad in a 7 game series. I know that I really want to see that though!
    Honestly, the team that scares me the most is Montreal, just because of the way they get into the Bruins heads (as evidenced this week).

Toronto could potentially be a bad match up if they pull their heads out of their asses in time. They would be hungry for revenge.

I'm really not sure I like the idea of facing Detroit either.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Honestly, the team that scares me the most is Montreal, just because of the way they get into the Bruins heads (as evidenced this week).

Toronto could potentially be a bad match up if they pull their heads out of their asses in time. They would be hungry for revenge.

I'm really not sure I like the idea of facing Detroit either.
    True enough, I just read an article that mentioned Boston's lack of success against the Habs this season. Two things that change the dynamic in the playoffs is that they don't call the game by the rules and size rules. Unless Price can pull a Halak (and I really, really like Price), the Bruins will roll over Montreal due to greater depth, size and less PP opportunities.

Banned

Good news for Bruin's fans (not so much the rest of the conference) Iggy wants to come back:

https://twitter.com/ESPNJoeyMac/stat...29282281586688

Dobber Sports Genius

Can the Bruins experts on here tell me how the Bruins can ice a roster this season and stay under the cap?

Show me please. I'm interested in seeing who they have to let go other than Thornton.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Can the Bruins experts on here tell me how the Bruins can ice a roster this season and stay under the cap?

Show me please. I'm interested in seeing who they have to let go other than Thornton.
    This is probably why the Brad Marchand rumours have been going around. That's a savings of $4.5 million there.

Trade or buy out Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell, that's $4.6 million there.

Overall, that's a savings of $9.1 million, and about $12.8 million overall in cap space, even when the cap penalties. Say Iggy signs for $4.5 million (maybe even less with bonuses), Smith for $1.5 million, Krug for $2 million and Bartowski for $1.2 million. Caron won't get more than $1 million.

That means all your dmen and goalies are signed. And you still have $2.6 million in cap space.

That still gives nine forwards as: Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Eriksson, Paille, Soderberg, Smith, Caron, Iggy (once he signs).

That's not a lot of space, but it is doable. Bring up a couple of rookies (ie- Knight and Spooner). And you have about $1.1 million left for a fourth line free agent signing.

It is possible, but it is going to take a lot of work to get there.

My guess is Iggy doesn't sign for that much (he'll take a low number to try and win a cup), or he doesn't sign with Boston at all. That frees up more money for the other guys. Instead of signing Iginla for $4.5 million, they can get two free agents at about $2 million each instead.

But yeah, it is crazy. Even with my above scenario, they would be counting on trading Marchand, Kelly and Campbell and not getting back any roster players in return; Iggy to sign for less than he could get on the market; their young guys not signing huge deals; and really having to count on their youth (Spooner, Knight, Soderberg, Smith and Caron) being able to step up to make up for the loss of the traded players.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kelly can't be bought out, since he is injured.

Did we subtract Marc Savard's LTIR salary from this? Chiarelli is a wizard, he will make it look easy.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Kelly can't be bought out, since he is injured.

Did we subtract Marc Savard's LTIR salary from this? Chiarelli is a wizard, he will make it look easy.
    I didn't, but I figure he just takes cares of the cap penalties. But yeah, taking out Savard saves another $4.5 million.

It really comes down to Iggy and what he wants.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    This is probably why the Brad Marchand rumours have been going around. That's a savings of $4.5 million there.

Trade or buy out Chris Kelly and Gregory Campbell, that's $4.6 million there.

Overall, that's a savings of $9.1 million, and about $12.8 million overall in cap space, even when the cap penalties. Say Iggy signs for $4.5 million (maybe even less with bonuses), Smith for $1.5 million, Krug for $2 million and Bartowski for $1.2 million. Caron won't get more than $1 million.

That means all your dmen and goalies are signed. And you still have $2.6 million in cap space.

That still gives nine forwards as: Bergeron, Lucic, Krejci, Eriksson, Paille, Soderberg, Smith, Caron, Iggy (once he signs).

That's not a lot of space, but it is doable. Bring up a couple of rookies (ie- Knight and Spooner). And you have about $1.1 million left for a fourth line free agent signing.

It is possible, but it is going to take a lot of work to get there.

My guess is Iggy doesn't sign for that much (he'll take a low number to try and win a cup), or he doesn't sign with Boston at all. That frees up more money for the other guys. Instead of signing Iginla for $4.5 million, they can get two free agents at about $2 million each instead.

But yeah, it is crazy. Even with my above scenario, they would be counting on trading Marchand, Kelly and Campbell and not getting back any roster players in return; Iggy to sign for less than he could get on the market; their young guys not signing huge deals; and really having to count on their youth (Spooner, Knight, Soderberg, Smith and Caron) being able to step up to make up for the loss of the traded players.
    Thank you. It's going to be interesting to watch how they do it.

Krug for only 2 million? Edmonton just gave Nikitin 4.5!!!

Either way, I will be paying close attention to the Bruins. I'd take that little puke Marchand on the Sens. Campbell for Condra would be a fair shakeup.