Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Rask was first off and Julien was "optimistic" that Seidenberg would return tonight.

Dobber Sports Icon

Glad to see someone as respected as you are taking over covering the Bruins, Shake. I'm really loving the new colors and avatar. Looking forward to seeing your coverage of my beloved Bs.

Also, I'd just like to say that covering the Bruins during their 2011 Cup run was an absolute blast. Thanks to Gates and the Dobber community for giving me that opportunity. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Best of luck Shakedown!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bruins coverage eh? Don't mind if I do.
    10 Team H2H - 7 Keepers (3 Yr Contracts) - Daily Lineup
    G/A/+-/SOG/PIM/FOW/PPP/HITS/BS/W/GAA/SV%

4-C: Backstrom, Weiss, Hanzal, Mackinnon
    4-LW: Benn, Neal, Huberdeau, Heatley
    4-RW: Callahan, Malkin, St Louis, Iginla
    6-D: Chara, Yandle, Faulk, Giordano, Gonchar, Gudas
    3-G: Price, Thomas, Holtby
    7-Bn: Bishop, Fisher, N.Foligno, Roussel, Bennett, Hansen, Hornqvist, Petry
    2-IR:Cammalleri

Dobber Sports Monster

Bruins 4 -2 over Islanders. B's record is now 3-0-1 7 points ( 1st place in Northeast)

B's played a sluggish first two periods but came out strong in the 3rd period to secure the win and remain unbeaten on the young season. Chara, Campbell, Thornton and Bergeron each scored in the game. Tuuuuuka was strong again in this game!

The story of the game is once again the fantastic play of Dougie Hamilton. Two more assists tonight ( 3 A's in last 2 games) and looks like a seasond veteran. In fact, he's been paired with three different defense partners and still hasn't missed a beat in his development. He's defending his own zone well. Hamilton has been paired with Chara, Ference and Seidenberg so far this season. Towards the end of the game the Boston crowd was chanting " Dougie!! Dougie!! Dougie!!. He's averaging 18:03 TOI/G with 3:19 PP/ TOI. His TOI may decree some with Seidenberg back, but if he keeps this level of play it's going to be hard to cut his minutes.

Julien: "We like his size, the way he moves, but at the same time, (Hamilton) has really good hockey sense."

The PP was horrid again 0-3 tonght and 1-17 on the year. On the flip side the Bruins are 100% on the penalty kill 0 goals allowed in 17 PP attempts against. Julien needs to mix this up, get Krejci off the point.

Tyler Seguin needs to get going. 1 point on the year, seems hesitant, unsure, almost as if he's a rookie again.

Rask through first four games of the year is 3-0-1 with a 1.96 GAA and .925 SV%.

With Rask playing so far in all games on the year its a good bet he'll sit Monday vs Carolina or Tuesday vs New Jersey ( back-to-back games)

Milan Lucic won a fight vs Carkner. Nice beatdown!

Last edited by Shake; January 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

I will be happy to finally see Khudobin play. Drafted him in a league in case Rask pulls his groin again.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Was definitely fun seeing Lucic buckle Carkner's legs with that right hook.

I joined in on the Dougie chants from my living room.

Two U's two K's and Two more points. 'Nuff said.
    10 Team H2H - 7 Keepers (3 Yr Contracts) - Daily Lineup
    G/A/+-/SOG/PIM/FOW/PPP/HITS/BS/W/GAA/SV%

4-C: Backstrom, Weiss, Hanzal, Mackinnon
    4-LW: Benn, Neal, Huberdeau, Heatley
    4-RW: Callahan, Malkin, St Louis, Iginla
    6-D: Chara, Yandle, Faulk, Giordano, Gonchar, Gudas
    3-G: Price, Thomas, Holtby
    7-Bn: Bishop, Fisher, N.Foligno, Roussel, Bennett, Hansen, Hornqvist, Petry
    2-IR:Cammalleri

Dobber Sports Monster

Here are some quotes from Jules and Lucic regarding Hamilton.

“Looking at him now it’s pretty amazing that he got passed up eight times to go ninth overall in the 2011 draft,” Milan Lucic said. “We’re real fortunate to have him. He’s got a lot of skill, he’s got a lot of poise, he plays with a lot of confidence.”

Asked if he thinks Hamilton might be headed back down, Lucic said, “Definitely not. It’s obviously an executive decision, but I don’t expect him to go back.”

Speaking of the 2011 draft and the players picked before Hamilton. Let's take a peek.

1. Edmonton-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C, Red Deer Rebels
    2. Colorado-Gabriel Landeskog, LW, Kitchener Rangers
    3. Florida-Jonathan Huberdeau, C, Saint John Sea Dogs
    4. New Jersey-Adam Larsson, D, Skelleftea (Sweden)
    5. NY Islanders-Ryan Strome, C, Niagra IceDogs
    6. Ottawa-Mika Zibanejad, C, Djurgarden (Sweden)
    7. Winnipeg-Mark Scheifele, C, Barrie Colts
    8. Philadelphia (from CBJ)-Sean Couturier, C, Drummondville Voltigeurs
    9. Boston (from TOR)-Dougie Hamilton, D, Niagara IceDogs

“He’s come in here with obviously a good job, having played four months of hockey,” Julien said. “Right now he’s playing with a lot of confidence. The guys that he’s playing with have been extremely helpful with him on the ice.

“I think that’s why our guys drafted him, because they saw a lot of things that we’re seeing right now. We like his size, we like the way he moved on the ice. At the same time, we thought he had a good hockey sense. He sees the ice well, finds the passing lanes.”

Julien pointed to the Bergeron goal as evidence, with the play starting from Hamilton’s pass deep in the zone.

“Those kind of things are what our scouts saw in him,” Julien said. “Those kind of things he’s demonstrating right now. We have to be pleased and impressed with a player playing the way he has been.”

Dobber Sports Monster

The Merlot line is Boston's best line " right now" says Chara.

"Right now our fourth line is our best line," Chara said. "They're getting rewarded because they're playing exactly the way we need from them, so they're our best line right now."

I also agree. They've had the most jam and energy so far this year, they've kept Boston alive in each game so far this season. With the powerplay as abysmal as it's been it's been even more crucial that this line is holding the glue together until the big boy get their games going.

Gregory Campbell is tied for the team lead with 3 points ( Krejci, Marchand, Lucic and Hamilton ) Five players are tied with 3 points a piece. Boston has spread the offense around the entire roster so far.

Now, let's fix the damn PP!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruin...bs-merlot-line
    Last edited by Shake; January 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I was worried about Hamilton being able to handle the pro game from a defensive perspective but after watching all the B's games so far that worry has been erased. Calm, smooth, slippery for a big man when avoiding hits from the fore checkers and sees the ice very well. Plays well beyond his years.
    I know people think that the trade doesn't look as lopsided as it did when the B's landed both Seguin and Hamilton but once the rest of the NHL gets a look at how good this kid is and that he's only going to get better this could end up being one of the best deals in the Bruins storied history.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Monster

Adam McQuaid is out for Monday's game vs Carolina ( personal reasons) he will return to the lineup Tuesday night. Aaron Johnson will take his spot in the lineup Monday night.

Dobber Sports Monster

Boston faces Carolina Monday night ( away game) and look to remain undeafted on the young season. The B's had 2 days off and I personally hope they go back to Rask vs the Canes and let Khudobin start Tuesday at home vs New Jersey. Carolina swept Boston during the season las year 4 games to 0. Rask has been playing awesome so far and Khudobin has yet to see action. The Bruins play B2B games, Rask gives the B's the best chance in Carolina IMO. We'll see how Jules sets his goalies this week, but Khudobin will play in either the Carolina game or the New Jersey game on Tuesday.

Dobber Sports Monster

Peter Chiarelli makes it official at 6:30 pm presser. Dougie Hamilton to stay with Boston all year.

Also tonight, Khudobin gets his first start of the season vs Carolina.

Dobber Sports Monster

-Boston goes to 4-0-1 9 pts ( #1 in Eastern Conference) as they drop the Hurricanes 5-3 on the road.

-The kid Dougie Hamilton another game and another point as he finds David Krejci with a nice pass to set up the game winning goal! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mjzk...ure=youtu.be&a

-Hamilton and Seguin combined for 3 points on the night. Phil Kessel for Toronto has a total of 2 points FOR THE YEAR!

-Anton Khudobin gets his first start of the year and gets the win. He played solid making 29 saves. 3 GAA but can't fault him for all 3 as the B's had a mini-collapse in the 2nd period allowing Carolina to score two quick goals on turnovers.

-Jules indicated earlier in the day that he'd like to see Rask start 30 games and Khudobin start 18 games.

-BOSTON FINALLY SCORES ON THE POWER PLAY AGAIN!! Zdeno Chara gets a PP goal ( 1g 2a on the night ) and Tyler Seguin gets an empty-netter PP goal to close out the game, he had 1g and 1a on the night.

-The empty-net goal by Seguin is his first empty- net goal scored for him. He's never scored and NHL or Jr's empty-net goal.

-Boston is 3-21 on PP this year and a perfect 23-23 100% penalty Kill on the season.

-Boston played a strong game with exception of about 5 minutes of time in the 2nd period where they got sloppy in their own end and Carolina made them pay with two quickie goals to tie it up 3-3. The 3rd period Boston came out strong and played good defensive hockey and took advantage.

-Boston breaks their 4 game losing streak to the Canes in which they were swept last year.

-Milan Lucic dropped the gloves on a second straight game ( Carkner, NYI and tonight fights Gleason). Last year he didnt fight until game 20 of the season. So far this year in 5 games, he has two fights.

-Nathan Horton looks completely healthy and playing very good hockey.

-New Jersey tomorrow night!!

-Rask back in net for the B's.
    Last edited by Shake; January 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Picked up Dougie in my one year league. Man, it must be so fun to come into the NHL with those kind of skills and play on a team that doesn't really need you to do that much. Make the right outlet and stay honest defensively. Incredible situation and I'm looking forward to keeping tabs on him and Bergeron.

Forwards
    Voracek------------Carter----------Simmonds
    E.Kane-------------Bergeron--------Stone
    Panik-----------Kuznestzov------Wenneberg
    Defense
    Karlsson-----Josi
    Byfuglien-----Werenski
    Goalie
    Rask
    Bobrovsky
    Vasilevsky

stats (12-team, 1-year H2H)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT
    2x Champion
    1st Place (122-45-20)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    -Hamilton and Seguin combined for 3 points on the night. Phil Kessel for Toronto has a total of 2 points FOR THE YEAR!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".