Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Boston Bruins

Here we are, the moment you've all been waiting for... The Boston Bruins finally have their own thread in the NHL Team Coverage section.

GM Gates has been after me for awhile to head up this section and I'd like to thank him for the opportunity. I know my fellow Bruins fans will be happy to have a place to talk about them. And everyone else will probably be happy to not see so many Bruins-centric threads being posted by me.

Anyways, here's a little introduction to your new B's writer. I hail from Nova Scotia, Canada. Given there is no immediate NHL team in the vicinity, most people around here cheer for one of the 2 closest Canadian NHL teams, Montreal or Toronto. Up until Sidney Crosby started playing for Pittsburgh, I would have said that Boston had the third largest fan base around here. Now they are probably ranked fourth.

I've been a hockey fan since I was old enough to know what a puck was and a Bruins fan for the same amount. Looking back through pictures of my childhood, judging by my shirts, I didn't realize that there was anything more to life than the Boston Bruins or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I was lucky enough to attend a Bruins alumni game last year after which I was able to meet my childhood idol, Ray Bourque along with many other Bruins legends such as Terry O'Reilly, Rick Middleton and a personal favorite, Reggie Lemelin.

I could talk about the Bruins all day, every day (as I'm sure many of you have already noticed). I'm glad I've finally got a place to do it now.

I will try to post my thoughts on every game in this section and discuss Bruins players value (fantasy and real life) as well as keep everyone up to date on any Bruins news.

If there's anything you guys want to see me focus on, let me know. Also, looking forward to seeing everyone participate in this thread and talk about the best damn hockey team to ever grace the NHL.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Giant

congrats. have fun with it.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Icon

Good stuff 4T2, always enjoy your posts.

As a Kaberle and especially a Horton owner, I would love to hear your thoughts on those players.

Kaberle, seems to me it's just a matter of an adjustmetn period and after that he should really rack up the points, especially on the PP, last night was just the start. That's assuming he signs in Beantown of course, perhaps you can give your impression of the likelihood of that.

Horton, what an enigma, he and Lucic are a monstrous duo, but after an incredible start that hinted at a 40-40 season he has slowed down considerably. To some extent, it seemed to justify the bad rap he earned in FLA, that he doesn't have a ton of heart and tends to disappear for stretches during the season but then can explode given his skill-set. I for one am really anxious to see how he does in the playoffs, that will be telling, I have a feeling after so many years outside looking in that he'll be pumpted for it and will thrive in NHL playoff hockey given his size and skill.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Looking forward to it and welcome to the team!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

Finally roped you in I see!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    congrats. have fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    Looking forward to it and welcome to the team!
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Finally roped you in I see!
    Thanks guys, yeah I figured if I had a special place to get all my Bruins thoughts out, maybe they wouldn't influence so many of my other threads/posts.

Hoping I can keep up with the guys running the other team threads as they do a great job.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Good stuff 4T2, always enjoy your posts.

As a Kaberle and especially a Horton owner, I would love to hear your thoughts on those players.

Kaberle, seems to me it's just a matter of an adjustmetn period and after that he should really rack up the points, especially on the PP, last night was just the start. That's assuming he signs in Beantown of course, perhaps you can give your impression of the likelihood of that.

Horton, what an enigma, he and Lucic are a monstrous duo, but after an incredible start that hinted at a 40-40 season he has slowed down considerably. To some extent, it seemed to justify the bad rap he earned in FLA, that he doesn't have a ton of heart and tends to disappear for stretches during the season but then can explode given his skill-set. I for one am really anxious to see how he does in the playoffs, that will be telling, I have a feeling after so many years outside looking in that he'll be pumpted for it and will thrive in NHL playoff hockey given his size and skill.
    Horton, where to start? The guy seems to suffer from the same ailment as the rest of the team. When he shows up to play, you can't contain him. But he takes far too many shifts/nights off. I like your take on him in the playoffs. It could be just the medicine he needs. I think a deep playoff run would show him how great it feels to be on a winning team and could translate to a solid season from him next year. I don't think he will ever reach point-per-game numbers but a solid 70-75 pt season wouldn't be out of the question.

One of the most interesting comments I've seen about Kaberle in Boston was that they should not have acquired a left-handed puck moving d-man to get the puck to a left handed Chara. I think this is a good point but I think a d-man of Kaberle's talent will find ways to work around that. It's just going to take a little longer. Last night he got the puck to Lucic who sent a beauty to Chara and I hope it was just the beginning of some chemistry there.

However, should Kaberle not continue to produce with the Bs, I would think it would be difficult to justify re-signing him to a big contract this off-season. I really think that all hinges on how deep the B's go in the post-season and how well Kaberle factors into that.

Administrator

Looking forward to the big game Thursday night! I don't see much coming out of it, my guess is one fight, either between Mara and Thornton or a rematch between White and Boychuk. I just wish my team would be going in with more NHL regulars at its disposal.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Looking forward to the big game Thursday night! I don't see much coming out of it, my guess is one fight, either between Mara and Thornton or a rematch between White and Boychuk. I just wish my team would be going in with more NHL regulars at its disposal.
    I'm stoked too, although anyone thinking it will be a fight fest is going to be mistaken I think. We may see one scrap and the game may be a little chippy, but I think the teams will be pretty good. No one wants to see a repeat of the last time they met. Plus, you know the league and media will be all over this game.

I do however think that the playoff matchup these teams are headed for is going to boil over and you could very well see some record setting PIM totals. To beat the Habs, Boston has to play very very hard-nosed hockey and grind them into submission. They need to wear them out physically. I hope they manage to do that in a clean way both Thursday night and playoff time.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good to see the last of the Original Six getting its own coverage and by a guy who is named after the ultimate answer to the ultimate question

Looking forward to your coverage, I find these threads are must reads for me.

Great to have you aboard!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Patrice Bergeron

4T2,

What's your thoughts on Patrice Bergeron for the rest of the season? He was dropped my another manager in my one-year H2H league. He must soured on him by his lack of production over the past couple weeks.

However, he picked up 2 helpers vs. the Devils the other night and the Bruins have a nice homestand coming up where Bergeron has better split stats (33 Home games 13-16-29... versus 38 road games 9-15-24).

I need a replacement for Patrick Sharp, but I'm not rushing into getting his replacement since I'm in a bye week in our playoffs... More or less I'm loading up for the final two weeks. How's he looking out there? Does he seem on his game and healthy or is something amiss?

Your thoughts would be as awesome as your avatar. Thanks!
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 32/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Miller(RW), Vatrano(LW)
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Connor, E.Kane
    RW} Nichushkin(LW), Zuccarello, Rust
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} DeSmith, Daccord, Grubauer
    IR} Guentzel
    IR+} Demko

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Icon

I will try to post more on Bergeron for you after tonight's game. My guess is 6-8 points for the remainder of the season. I'd like to know what stats you count though. "Standard" makes me think you don't count faceoffs which is one of Bergy's best cats.

It might help to know who else is available. I wouldn't expect spectacular numbers but I expect a solid finish from him and the rest of the Bs. A big win tonight would give them a huge confidence boost though and I could see him finishing off on a hot streak.

Dobber Sports Icon

Any Bruins fans should check out this great preview of tonights game from Days of Y'Orr. Habs fans should check it out well so we can listen to you complain about it afterwards

http://daysofyorr.com/2011-articles/...vs-boston.html

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I will try to post more on Bergeron for you after tonight's game. My guess is 6-8 points for the remainder of the season. I'd like to know what stats you count though. "Standard" makes me think you don't count faceoffs which is one of Bergy's best cats.

It might help to know who else is available. I wouldn't expect spectacular numbers but I expect a solid finish from him and the rest of the Bs. A big win tonight would give them a huge confidence boost though and I could see him finishing off on a hot streak.

Forwards cats are: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG.

Baring anyone else's last minute hot streak, it will likely come down to Bergeron and Nate Gerbe.

Obviously Bergeron has a more proven track record but Gerbe is on a roll heading down the stretch. Since I can only start 2 LWs, 2 Cs and 2 RWs each night with daily line-ups, I'm trying to max out as many games as possible with all my forwards. I figure I can squeeze in these many games in the last two weeks:

Bergeron (C) - Week 24: 2-3 games. Week 25: 4 games.
    Gerbe (LW/C) - Week 24: 3-4 games. Week 25: 2-3 games.

The wild card here is Parise on my IR. When he comes back I'll have to drop someone, but I'll worry about crossing that bridge later...

Thanks for your scouting report on Bergeron tonight... Big help since I can't see the game tonight where I am. Enjoy the bad blood with the Habs tonight!

EDIT: I'll have to add Tyler Kennedy (LW/C), but he won't get quite as many games in:
    Week 24: 2-3 games... Week 25: 2-3 games.
    Last edited by Two On One; March 25, 2011 at 9:37 AM.
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 32/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Miller(RW), Vatrano(LW)
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Connor, E.Kane
    RW} Nichushkin(LW), Zuccarello, Rust
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} DeSmith, Daccord, Grubauer
    IR} Guentzel
    IR+} Demko

via GIPHY