Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comish's League - Roster Size

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Comish's League - Roster Size

How many players do we go down to in the off-season?

Dobber Sports Giant

I just don't know the exact details for this year, but if I recall last year properly, we had a few days after the playoffs to cut down to 25 players and under $1000 in salary using the new salaries.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks chic. 25 players was what I was looking for? anyone else confirm this?

Dobber Sports Giant

Anytime! The 25 players thing is in the rules, so that part is fine. I'm just not sure about the timing...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Confirmed. 25 players (any position), cut date no later than the end of the playoffs. That figure of 25 includes anyone on IR, as there is no IR during the off-season.

We really have to try the online draft in Fantrax this year. I've never used this feature before, so if anyone has any info and wants to share, please do so. It will save everyone (especially me!) so much time. I will try to figure out a draft date/time and set the draft order and we'll see how it goes.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for the confirmation Russ! How about my salary question? Do our 25 players need to fit under the new or the old salary? Like I said, if I recall properly, last year it was the new salary, but I just want to confirm. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation Russ! How about my salary question? Do our 25 players need to fit under the new or the old salary? Like I said, if I recall properly, last year it was the new salary, but I just want to confirm. Thanks!
    Our rules only state that at no time can you go over the $1000 salary cap, although I think we've already ignored that one until AFTER the draft last year. That gave teams over the cap due to the new salary structure, time to deal away rather than drop assets.

I won't enforce the salary cap until (date TBD) before the draft with the goal of everyone being at or under the cap by the end of the draft.

I will need to explain this rule clarification/tweak in the rules better. The NHL doesn't enforce the salary cap until the season starts, so there is some precedent here.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Our rules only state that at no time can you go over the $1000 salary cap, although I think we've already ignored that one until AFTER the draft last year. That gave teams over the cap due to the new salary structure, time to deal away rather than drop assets.

I won't enforce the salary cap until (date TBD) before the draft with the goal of everyone being at or under the cap by the end of the draft.

I will need to explain this rule clarification/tweak in the rules better. The NHL doesn't enforce the salary cap until the season starts, so there is some precedent here.
    Yeah, I remember that one too. I think the rules make sense during the season, but I wouldn't mind being able to be a over the cap a bit during the offseason. Like you said, it gives time to make a few deals instead of dropping guys.

Thanks for the clarification!

Dobber Sports Ace

Question about the cut-down process: how do you want us to go about it? It seems to me that my Fantrax is locked as the season end date has been passed. Should we post them here or in the social group? Email them to you?

Thanks!
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ccsitdown View Post
    Question about the cut-down process: how do you want us to go about it? It seems to me that my Fantrax is locked as the season end date has been passed. Should we post them here or in the social group? Email them to you?

Thanks!
    Send me an email. I'll compile them all and send out every now and then during the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Ace

what is the last date to cut down
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Smile

NordiqueFan, here is your answer:

25 players (any position), cut date no later than the end of the playoffs. That figure of 25 includes anyone on IR, as there is no IR during the off-season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Is there time to make trades before we cut down to 25, or are we allowed to trade during the playoffs?

Dobber Sports Monster

NordiqueFan, here is your answer:
    I gotta get crackin' on my cuts

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
    Is there time to make trades before we cut down to 25, or are we allowed to trade during the playoffs?
    I could be wrong, but I don't think so.