Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 225

Thread: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

  1. #46
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Interesting that it was announced as finalised on that site, but not by the moderator (who I believe is his assistant) on the Stephen King message board. Until it's actually finalised, I'll believe it when I see it.

    I did know that he was asked. I think he would be pretty good as well.
    Actually just noticed that the moderator is on vacation and there are no new posts so it could very well be close to being finalised. I am curious how the rest of the cast shapes up.

  2. #47
    Location
    Pegulaville
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    Not finalized but close, and here's some more info.....

    http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/08/st...3A+PopWatch%29
    @SmittysRant

  3. #48
    PrairieDog's Avatar
    PrairieDog is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,010
    Location
    A Pale Blue Dot
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Not finalized but close, and here's some more info.....

    http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/08/st...3A+PopWatch%29
    Sweet mother of god!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The series is made up of seven books — so far — with an eighth novel, The Wind Through the Keyhole, planned for publication next year, and set between his previous fourth and fifth books (Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla). The thing is already written...


    May god protect you from his followers.

  4. #49
    Location
    Pegulaville
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Sweet mother of god!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol..yeah...I believe the term "epic" is warranted here.
    @SmittysRant

  5. #50
    PrairieDog's Avatar
    PrairieDog is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,010
    Location
    A Pale Blue Dot
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lol..yeah...I believe the term "epic" is warranted here.
    I hope its 2,000 pages long....


    May god protect you from his followers.

  6. #51
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    An update on the Dark Tower film casting. This is from King's assistant (the board moderator) yesterday:

    "I have received confirmation that Javier Bardem has signed on in principle pending final negotiations for the terms of the contract."

    http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...036#post443036

  7. #52
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    It's been announced that there will be a new production of Carrie to the big screen. It's not a sequel, rather a remake that is intended to be closer to the book (can't remember the main differences from the original though).

    There isn't any official news on casting yet, but plenty of rumours are going around suggesting that Lindsey Lohan is in the running. Hmm...not sure about that one.

    http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...rrie-announced

  8. #53
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    An update on the Dark Tower film casting. This is from King's assistant (the board moderator) yesterday:

    "I have received confirmation that Javier Bardem has signed on in principle pending final negotiations for the terms of the contract."

    http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...036#post443036
    There are reports out there, and confirmed by King's assistant below, that there are financial issues going on and there is a bit of uncertainly regarding the project.

    http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...ng-News/page28

    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy...9130fd44b5e69e

    I'm concerned, however if they are planning on cutting and changing quite a bit of it, I'd rather them cancel it completely then put out a cheap version of this classic story.

  9. #54
    butch's Avatar
    butch is online now
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,810
    Location
    ontario ,canada
    Rep Power
    35

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default

    theres something about The Shining that draws me pop it in the DVD every now and then .

    red.......rum .......red.......rum

  10. #55
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    theres something about The Shining that draws me pop it in the DVD every now and then .

    red.......rum .......red.......rum
    Even though it's a poor adaptation of the book, I really liked it on its own. I've never watched any other adaptation as Jack Nicholson seemed the perfect fit as the lead role.

    Yeah, not only the creepy 'redrum' scene, but the one where Danny is riding his bike along the hallways and turns the corner to see the two dead girls:

    "Hello Danny, come play with us Danny, for ever...and ever........and...EVER."

  11. #56
    PrairieDog's Avatar
    PrairieDog is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,010
    Location
    A Pale Blue Dot
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Even though it's a poor adaptation of the book, I really liked it on its own. I've never watched any other adaptation as Jack Nicholson seemed the perfect fit as the lead role.

    Yeah, not only the creepy 'redrum' scene, but the one where Danny is riding his bike along the hallways and turns the corner to see the two dead girls:

    "Hello Danny, come play with us Danny, for ever...and ever........and...EVER."
    IMO you can't compare the book with the movie...

    The movie is great on it's own, but pales greatly in comparison with the book.

    I think The Shining is the only book that has ever really scared me for real. It did a bit in parts, but The Shining....holy crap.


    May god protect you from his followers.

  12. #57
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    .

    It did a bit in parts
    I haven't seen It yet. I've been debating for awhile - is it worth a watch? I know it won't compare to the book, but I've heard mixed reviews in general.

  13. #58
    PrairieDog's Avatar
    PrairieDog is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,010
    Location
    A Pale Blue Dot
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I haven't seen It yet. I've been debating for awhile - is it worth a watch? I know it won't compare to the book, but I've heard mixed reviews in general.
    Never seen the movie, don't really want to...

    I was talking about the books.

    "We all float down here...."

    Freaky..


    May god protect you from his followers.

  14. #59
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Never seen the movie, don't really want to...

    I was talking about the books.

    "We all float down here...."

    Freaky..
    Yeah just realised that after posting. Both books were creepy. I haven't read It in awhile - might be due.

  15. #60
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,208
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default

    I don't get scared that easily - but I would like to more often. It would show the quality of the writer in setting the scene and putting you on edge. Any suggestions of books/authors?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •