Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15
Results 211 to 217 of 217

Thread: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

  1. #211
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

    I hear what horror fan is saying. I really wish they were able to go with a book by book adaptation bit I understand that's more difficult to get done.

  2. #212
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,027
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I hear what horror fan is saying. I really wish they were able to go with a book by book adaptation bit I understand that's more difficult to get done.
    I don't even need a book by book adaptation - I'm fine with how they're doing it, especially if it turns into more films. But based on the trailer, it just seemed something was missing...something to make it unique. Of course, it's just a few clips but it didn't do much for me. Time will tell.

  3. #213
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,027
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    40

    Moderator

    Default Re: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

    Well, I might as well add some very very brief thoughts on Dark Tower and IT (trying to avoid spoilers but could be vague).

    Dark Tower - meh. I think they overcomplicated it, and could be confusing to non-DT readers. Would love to hear what others think. Hope a second one is doable but I don't know where they will go from there.

    IT - great. I think they made it well, the kids were solid actors and I liked the new Pennywise.

    Thoughts?

  4. #214
    RizzeeDizzee's Avatar
    RizzeeDizzee is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,121
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

    Here's a list to chew on. I disagree with a lot, mostly with a lot of "so bad they're good" ones being too low.

    http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/every...t-to-best.html
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly Cage Match column, pitting two similar NHLers against each other to determine which one is better for your fantasy team: http://www.dobberhockey.com/Table/Ho...me/Cage-Match/


  5. #215
    Location
    Prairies
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

    I recently picked up The Shining (book), read it, then watched the movie.
    Sort of a fun thing to do... and now I'm currently a few chapters into Doctor Sleep. (Review on that later)
    All this spurred by my wife making me read a book called YOU (chick book about cell-phone stealing stalker. 3.5/5)
    https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

  6. #216
    forumname's Avatar
    forumname is online now
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,502
    Location
    Victoria
    Rep Power
    43

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

    Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Here's a list to chew on. I disagree with a lot, mostly with a lot of "so bad they're good" ones being too low.

    http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/every...t-to-best.html
    Shawshank at #4 makes me want to scream.
    TEAM 1

    16 teams, keep 5, Yahoo H2H

    (G)(A)(+/-)(PIM)(PPP)(SHP)(HIT)(BLK)
    (W)(GAA)(SV%)(SHO)

    C,C,RW,RW,LW,LW,D,D,D,D,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR

  7. #217
    Atomic Wedgy's Avatar
    Atomic Wedgy is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,403
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: All hail the King! (Stephen that is)

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Well, I might as well add some very very brief thoughts on Dark Tower and IT (trying to avoid spoilers but could be vague).

    Dark Tower - meh. I think they overcomplicated it, and could be confusing to non-DT readers. Would love to hear what others think. Hope a second one is doable but I don't know where they will go from there.

    IT - great. I think they made it well, the kids were solid actors and I liked the new Pennywise.

    Thoughts?
    I haven't see The Dark Tower yet. I'm too scared to watch it after the mainstream reviews.
    O&B Dream Team
    Bill Barber - Bobby Clarke - Tim Kerr
    Mark Howe - Chris Pronger
    Bernie Parent

    Farm: Giroux

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •