Wednesday 17th - Studs & Duds
Studs of the Night
Honourable mention - Thomas, Vokoun, Backstrom & Fleury all had solid 1GA games.
3. Detroit, Team scoring - 11 roster players got on the scoreboard, 6 of them 2 or more points each.
> Detroit has scored 3 or more goals in their last 6 games.
> Detroit is also 6-1-0 in the month of November.
2. Chicago duo - Turco & Toews
> Turco - 18 save SO against EDM
> Toews gets the Natural Hat trick and finishes the game with a +2 and 8 shots.
Quoting Doulos here: "Toews keeps proving me wrong when I think he's not going to take it to the next level - what a player!"
1. Eric Staal - Check out this fantasy gold: 3G (2PPG), 2A, +4, 2PIM, GWG, 6 SOG.
An amazing fantasy night for Staal, finally on the good side of a blowout! I like Staal in H2H and rotisserie formats as he's the type of player than can win you some categories out of nowhere like seen in tonight's results.
Duds of the Night
3. Ottawa gets tuned - The Sens were outscored 12 goals to 2 in their last two games.
2. NYI - Lose their 11th in a row.
Last time the franchise hit this shameful feat, was under Mike Milbury in 98-99. Another streak was matched tonight : fewest goals in a nine game stretch since 72-73 with a pitiful 10 goals.
1. Halak - The moment Halak scored on himself automatically made him the GMG Top Dud for the second time in 3 nights. He also let in 7 goals tonight bumping that number up to 13GA in his last 2 games.
Quote of the night
Tim Thomas on Tyler Seguin :
"I was trying to tell Tyler after the first period, 'Come on, this is MSG,' " Thomas said. "He's like, 'What's MSG?' I'm like, 'Oh, man. This is a historic arena. This is what kids dream about playing in. Maybe not for the Rangers all the time, but playing in the building.'
"Then he went out and scored, so I'm proud of him."