Tuesday 16th - Stars and Duds
Studs of the Night
3. CPG line -Cammalleri -- Plekanec -- Gionta combined for 6 of a possible 9 points on MTL's 3 goals tonight. They increased their line point streak to 5 games and in the last week of hockey, the three players combined for 18 points.
2. Toronto's PP - The Maple Leafs scored 4 unanswered PP goals in the 2nd period against Nashville. The goal scorers were Versteeg (2G, 59 seconds apart), Grabovski and Kulemin. Clark MacArthur had 3 primary assists of those 4 goals yet due to PPPs not counting towards +/-, MacArthur finished the game with a -4.
1. Price - SO against PHI with 41s. That's his 3rd shut out of the season.
His (and MTL's) last four games are pretty solid â€“ 2SO and only 3GA.
This was Price's 11th win of the season... two wins shy from last season's totals.
Duds of the Night
3. Philly shut out - Coming off the back swing of B2B games, Philly finally lost. Their win streak ends in Montreal - who like mentioned above, are on a nice little streak of their own. This loss comes from a tired Flyers team that spent more time in the penalty box than on the ice. Over half of their active roster (11 of 18) spent time in the box. (Although fantasy wise - great night for Hartnell with 12 PIMs)
2. Ryan Suter - Being arguably the (or one of the) predators best penalty killer, both his penalties turned into power play goals for Toronto. While great for poolies who count PIMs in their league, it didn't translate too nicely for the scoreboard and Nashville eventually lost the game.
1. NSH's Discipline - With 6 b2b minors in the 2nd period, the Preds let in 4 PPG's and managed to give up their 3 goal lead (twice). I'll paraphrase Sportsnet in that the "parade to the penalty box" which Nashville faced "is not a Barry Trotts type of team". As a Preds fan and a Pekka Rinne owner, it was tough for me to put Nashville as the duds of the night. :(
Feel free to add some Studs and Duds below! Unfortunately, I don't get to watch all of the games and usually tend publish this feature before the late night games finish (here in EST time) so I might miss a thing or two before morning.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.