Rate the last 5 movies you've watched
Whoot Whoot, another movie thread from COD.
What were the last 5 movies you've watched/rented/bought and send me your reviews or thoughts, ala Siskel and Ebert. I'm trying to stay atop of the more current movies out there. STUDS not DUDS!!! Here are mine....
1. The Dark Knight Rises. Ho-hum overall, expected more, possibly sets up another Batman movie with a new hero playing the main role. 7/10
2. TED. Funny and raunchy. Mila's boss in the movie was the best character IMO. "we dove the shit outta that pool that year.." 7.5/10
3. Expendables 2. Easy to follow, a quick blow em'up style movie ala the first one. Chuck Norris was fun to watch. J-C VD plays a kick ass bad guy and can still roundhouse. 8/10
4. reign over me (2007) Adam Sandler in a "teary" role, but I bought it, I really liked it. Not the usual Sandler that we've come to expect from. 8.5/10
5. Lawless. K, i'm only 1/2 way done the movie but I liked what i've seen thus far.
Let me know if there are any must-sees IYO. Finally bought a blu ray player and xmas is approaching ; so are the holidays. Cheers
Bourne Legacy - not bad, not great - 5/10
Dark Knight Rises - hated it, just lame IMO - 1/10
Flight - not what I expected, not bad - 6/10
Law Abiding Citizen - pleasant surprise, pretty intense - 7/10
Chronicle - another pleasant surprise, really liked it - 7.5/10
Will check out your last submission.
No love for the bat eh?! A one is a real kick in the nuts there PD.
Per my Netflix Disc Queue (and ratings):
4/5 Stars: The Avengers
5/5 Stars: How to Train Your Dragon
4/5 Stars: A Prophet
4/5 Stars: Inglorious Bastards
3/5 Stars: Children of Men
(I've been in a "get caught up on mainstream movies that I should've seen by now" kick)
Skyfall - 8/10 - Thought it was long and a bit weird towards the end with some obvious flaws but the first half of the movie was fantastic. Probably should get a 7/10 but it gets bonus points for being a Bond movie I actually enjoyed.
Expendables 2 - 5/10 - Here's the thing, I loved every second of watching this movie but only because me and my buddies watched it together and made fun of every single ridiculous thing that happened, which meant jokes every two seconds. Terrible movie but in all the right ways that made it awesome.
12 Monkeys - 7/10 - This movie is obviously REALLY old and is pretty dated. I'd also seen it before but that was when I was like six and really couldn't remember any of the plot. Found it on Netflix this morning and figured, what the hell. A pretty solid sci-fi, "what is reality" type movie, up there with many of the other good ones like Dark City, The Matrix, Existenz, etc. from the 90's. If you haven't seen any of those movies then I'd suggest looking backwards before watching anything new.
The Greatest Movie Ever Sold - 6/10 - Another Netflix find for me. This is a documentary by the guy who did Supersize Me. It's a pretty entertaining story about the process of acquiring ad money to fund the film that he is actually making while trying to acquire that ad money.
Spiderman - 4/10 - A really crappy reboot of an already crappy superhero franchise. Waste of time IMO.
1. Casablanca - Had never seen it and my wife and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Holds up really well despite the age. 7/10
2. Amelie - Been told so many times to watch this movie by many different types of people. Thought it was garbage and almost turned it off several times. The first minute I found it cute and funny and then I found it horrible and weird. Maybe the artsy types would like this a lot more. My wife is usually into those types a lot more and she hated it as well. 2/10
3.Brave - Watched this with my kids for our popcorn and smoothie night ritual and we all thought it was a good, fun movie. Scary at parts for the little ones but manageable. 8/10
4. Mongol - Meh Netflix movie that fell flat for someone who enjoys history. Still enjoyed it for what it was but it wasn't great. 5/10
5. Super 8 - Reminded me of a cross between ET and Goonies and because that was what I expected (and not some really deep and fantastic sci-fi blow your mind movie) it hit the sweet spot there. 7/10
Captain America - 8/10
The Avengers - 8/10
The Matrix - 8/10
The Hangover 2 - 7/10
American Pie Reunion - 7/10
Skyfall (8/10) - One of the most enjoyable James Bond experiences I've had. The character of Bond wasn't explored nearly as much in the past. Older Bond movies were more superhero-ish, but Craig's Bond has been closer to what I think Fleming's intention was: a sociopath killer who happens to be on the good side.
Looper (9/10) - A great concept, and overall executed rather well. JGL was fantastic (though his makeup was a little distracting at times) and Jeff Daniels (short though his screentime was) is always awesome. Bruce Willis was just Bruce Willis. Really fun movie.
The Expendables 2 (6/10) - As far as I can tell, the entire movie was made just so we could finally see the dream fight (disappointing as it was) between Sly and JCVD. Still, I knew exactly what to expect, and was not disappointed, nor surprised.
Total Recall (3/10) - The reboot. Original still gets a solid 7.5. This one was awful. Bryan Cranston phoned in his performance, but he was still the best part of the movie. Colin Farrell should stick to dark, offbeat comedies.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (10/10) - My favorite movie of all time. I have more fun watching this movie than any other. The chemistry between Ford and Connery is gold, the plot is interesting, and the action scenes still stack up favorably against any modern movie.
Last Crusade really is a fantastic movie. I need to watch it again.
10/10 is something I could only give to a few select movies ... would have to think on that.
The Grey 2.5/5
Horrible Bosses 3.5/5
The Campaign 3/5
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.