I built my team.... Now what?
League and team details are in my signature.
So I have spent many hours trading/building my team with all the players I wanted. But I have created a problem, that I can't decide how to get out of. I need to keep 6 players, and I have 8-9 that are legitimate candidates.
The players that I consider to be keeper candidates are:
F- Giroux, Backstrom, Tavares, Kovalchuk, Getzlaf, E.Staal, Iginla
G- Price, Rask
Let me set some background so you know my situation.
- I usually dominate in most trades that I make, so most of the managers are hesitant to trade with me because I have built a reputation of always winning any trade.
- I have made a solid run at Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Lundy, and Quick. The owners have basically told me that they are not moving them regardless of the offer.
- I don't want to own a Sedin.
- Goalies are valuable in our league and all managers keep at least one goalie, if not two.
- I am a die hard Flames fan, but I am the only one in our pool. The rest of the managers are Flames haters, so I can usually draft my favorite Flames at a discount.
- I won the league two years ago, and was the runner up last year. I would like to keep winning for a while if possible.
- I really like Price, but don't want to overvalue him given our scoring counts just W's and SO's.
- Almost all teams have six players that they are happy with and are not too keen on trading a first or second round for one of my players. I think they're foolish, but whatever.
- My picks in the first two rounds are 5, 11, 12, 19.
The players that should be available at the draft are (not including who I drop):
F- Benn, Eriksson, Stastny, Ryan, Carter, Vanek, E.Kane, Sharp...
D- Yandle, Buff...
G- Smith, Hiller, Anderson, Pavelec, Backstrom, Lehtonen, Lindback, Varlamov...
So I have a couple questions that need to be answered:
1. Who are my six that I have to keep.
2. Other than the players listed above, are there players that I have missed that I should be targeting to improve my keepers?
3. Is it a foolish risk to keep all forwards and draft goalies while everyone else trys to pick up forwards in the first couple rounds?
4. Please hit me with any other advise that you think would be helpful for the rest of the off season.
Thanks for the Help. I'll give REP out like candy if I can ;-)
Here is the league and the players that they have that are worth looking at.
Goalie: Bryz, Schneider, Hiller
Top players: H.Sedin(untouchable), Kopitar, Skinner, Semin, Lupul
Top Players: Crosby(untouchable), Datsyuk, Spezza, Hall, Green, Vanek
Top Players: Thornton, Marleau, Kesler, Richards, Letang
Goalie: Rinne, Neimi
Top Players: D.Sedin(untouchable), St Louis, Weber, Suter
Top Players: Stamkos(untouchable), Gaborik, B.Richards, Hossa, Duchene
Goalie: Lundy, Quick
Top Players: Malkin, Seguin, Koivu, Heatley, Carter
Top Players: Parise, Perry, RNH, Kessel, Nash, Ryan
Goalie: Fleury, Smith
Top Players: Ovie, Toews, Eriksson, Neal, Benn, Doughty
Goalie: Miller, Howard
Top Players: Kane, Eberle, Zetterberg, Karlsson, Byfuglien, Yandle
The untouchables are because they have a huge man crush on the player, and won't trade the player for anything.