Your lists for 2012?
Your lists for 2012?
I can't wait to see the lists that include Bryzgalov lol
- On the bubble: Luongo, Halak, Hiller, Kiprusoff, Smith
*Schneider, until the VAN situation is cleared up. As VAN G1, I'd slide him in at #9.
*Luongo, until I know where he lands.
*Howard, no Lidstrom = big problems
I'm going to add a bold prediction to my list, just so I look like a genius if it happens. :)
10. Pavelec (a couple years from now)
5. Fleury (would be #3 if it weren't for Vokoun signing)
6. Ward (grossly underrated)
7. Price (hate him but very talented)
8. Rask (new sheriff in town)
9. Schneider (see Rask)
Luongo (want him on list but too many questions surrounding new team)
Howard (tough to leave off as he's been good but no Lidstrom)
Smith (great system not great G)
Halak (time share)
Kipper (too old)
Various CATS and scoring systems dramatically affect the answer. Salary Cap dramatically affects the answer.
No Cap. 2 point wins, 3 point SO.
Consideration to production for Fantasy points, not whether someone else is a better goaltender. Some great goaltenders aren't at or near the top of the list because they're not in the right town.
1. Lundqvist (large margin)
2. Rinne (worried about team dropping off)
3. Quick (Conn Smythe...)
4. Fleury (excellent team, offsets Vokoun)
5. Rask (no longer a backup)
6. Schneider (no Luongo) - (I'm assuming Luongo departs. These assumptions make monkeys out of the predictors)
7. Bryz (I believe in the rebound)
8. Howard (you don't leave Detroit off this list)
9. Luongo (it won't matter what town he's in, he'll be good)
10. Miller (middling Buffalo)
Price (too bad team stinks, his talent is definitely top 5)
Ward (is Carolina improving?)
Lehtonen (this guy gets no respect. Top 5 talent)
Niemi (decent team... he's got a ring...)
Kipper (old or not, he gets the job done)
Anderson (he gets the starts)
Halak (1A/1B scenario)
Smith (I don't trust Phoenix)
Hiller (big time starter, average team, some health)
Crawford (backup starting for a great team?)
Backstrom (this guy gets no respect. Minny improving?)
Pavelec (middling Winnipeg. Steadily establishing himself)
Brodeur (yeah, he's old... but with a two year contract!)
Toronto, Florida, Isles, TB, Edmonton, Columbus, Colorado, Washington
It's a good list... I think it is line with how the masses will draft goalies in keepers & one-year leagues next year. My goalie thinking is a bit different - which is actually OK, because I'm hoping to snag Miller/Bryz in all of my one-year leagues next year.
It's like saying "My crystal ball says that something negative will happen to Miller, Bryz, the Sabres, and the Flyers NEXT summer."
I don't get it.
If these two are going to be good ("quite high" good) next year, why not also 2 & 3 years from now???
I would love to hear your answer to this.