11/9/11 - Studs & Duds
Another slow night in the NHL with only six teams seeing action. Without further ado..
3) Hartnell's Got You Covered - If you needed someone to hit all your categories tonight, Hartnell is the guy. He finished with 1 goal, 4 penalty minutes, 4 shots, 1 blocked shot, and 4 hits.
2) Chemisty at Last? - Gaborik may have finally found a linemate he gels with after him and Stepan combined for 5 points on the night. Gaborik had 2 goals (including the game winner) to go along with a +3 rating, 5 shots, 1 blocked shot, and 3 hits. Stepan finished with 1 goal, 2 assists, a +3 rating, 2 shots, 1 blocked shot, 1 hit, and 5 face-off wins.
1) Calder Anyone? - Craig Smith is on fire, simply put. He had 2 goals, 1 assist, a +2 rating, 2 penalty minutes, 6 shots, and 5 face-off wins. According to DY, Smith now has 7 goals and 7 assists in 15 games to take the rookie scoring lead.
Keep on Streaking - Patric Hornqivst put up 3 assists and a +2 rating tonight. He has 7 goals and 4 assists in the past 7 games.
Anisimov - Posted 2 points tonight as well as a +3 rating. He now has 6 points in his last 3 games.
3) Polarizing Goalies - Hiller allowed 4 goals on 32 shots for a SV% of .875 while Rinne stopped 31 of 33 for a SV% of .939. Likewise, Anderson let in 3 on just 19 shots for a .842 SV% while Lundqvist stopped 29 of 31 for a .935 SV%.
2) They say good things come in threes... or not - Three Anaheim players each posted a dismal -3 tonight, sharing a tie for team worst. Cogliano, Koivu, and Selanne all banded together for a dismal combined rating of -9.
1) TBL-PHI Snoozefest - Not much I can say here - if you saw the game at all, you know why this game is the #1 dud. Half (or more) of the game was Philly sitting in their own zone and Tampa refusing to forecheck. Boucher's 1-3-1 system at it's finest.
Blum - Was on the ice for both Anaheim goals and posted a team worst -2 rating. Also saw his ice time fairly limited.
I just noticed this article now lol. Great recap, do you do this every night?
I love that Gabby/Stepan seem to have found chemistry - they look amazing out there. So good that I actually took a flier on Stepan in 2 of my leagues tonight.
The studs and duds are a daily feature done by 7 prominent members of the Dobber Hockey community. They all do an amazing job.
Originally Posted by blayze
They all do an Amazing job! I read it every morning before I go to sleep!
I had to read that twice lol.
Originally Posted by bigbabybuda
I just watched a "Studs & Duds" segment on TSN. Did I just witness the first ever Studs & Duds knock off?