11/2/11 - Studs & Duds
Fairly slow night in the NHL so I'll keep this short and sweet.
3) En-Relief - Jhonas Enroth stepped in to relieve Ryan Miller and stopped all 15 shots he faced. Unfortunately, the team in front of him only manage to get 2 past Bryz.
2) Standing Tall in the Desert - Mike Smith stopped an incredible 39 of 40 tonight for the win, first star status, and a sparkling SV% of .975.
1) More Than a Throw-in - virtually considered a throw-in for the Beauchemin trade, Lupul experienced some success at the end of last season and it's an understatement to say it's carried through to this year. He notched a hattrick against the Devils tonight, giving him 8 goals in 12 games.
3) Negative Nancy - One (yes, only one) Devil came out of tonight's bout with a plus rating, and that was Brad Mills who played a mere 6 minutes. The rest of the team was either even or in the minus and Tallinder posted a team worst -3 rating.
2) Milling on the Bench - Miller was pulled against the Flyers just a few minutes in, the third fastest he's ever been pulled. He allowed 3 goals on just 11 shots and posted a SV% of .727.
1) At Least You Had One Good Stop... - Brodeur was awful most of tonight's game, initially allowing 5 goals on a mere 14 shots. He did however make a remarkable save, arguably the best of the season, on Phil Kessel and from that point on shut the door. However, that certainly doesn't make up for his .783 SV%.
That's all for tonight!
hard to believe that Miller and Brodeur would ever be a part of the duds section on the same night.
Your right Brodeur was awful tonight, but that save I don't think we will see a sicker one all year...
That's what you get for poking fun at me and Luongo in your rep message from your Harding thread! ;)
Enjoy Brodeur's albatross numbers for the week!
I don't need goalie cats to win my match up :P
Originally Posted by ericdaoust
If my opponent this week wins the goalie categories with friggin Bobrovsky as his #1 I'm gonna be effing pissed!
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned
Edit: Oh never mind. Just realized he has Smith so I'm already losing. D'oh.
Thus begins b0ndon's crash and burn in the UHL. From undefeated to missing playoffs :P
Originally Posted by b0ndon