Team B gets:
5th Round pick
30 team dynasty salary cap league (uses actual yearly salaries) that counts playoffs
+/-: +/- 10
Playoffs will take place during the nhl playoffs.
Active rosters will consist of 9 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders. (1 full value, 1 half value)
so I claimed that this trade was unfair because:
1) neal > spezza (our league counts playoffs, neal is younger, less injury prone, much better linemates, better in our league format etc)
2) bolland is pretty shit with our league cats. i consider him a 3rd line checker who can put up 40-50 points max
3) iggy is iggy, has strong value considering he was going to be traded to either boston/pens which is huge in a league that counts playoffs
the guy who got neal/iggy tried to defend his deal because:
1) he thinks neal and spezza are a wash. he used "ppg" and career stats to say that spezza was better than neal. he claims he is buying low on neal and selling high on spezza.
2) he said bolland has good offensive upside, and is younger than iggy.
3) said some crap about wellwood being a solid prospect and that brendan gallagher was drafted by the habs in the 5th round so the pick is good too.
anyways, be as unbiased as you can, and let me know what you think of the trade. the manager has been making several trades similar to this where he clearly comes out on top, so i finally lost it, and i'm gonna let the dobber community decide.
would you trade spezza + bolland + e.wellwood + 5th for neal + iggy?
also, keep in mind i'm not asking if this is veto worthy. both managers are happy with it so that's good enough for me. i just want to know if i am crazy for thinking Team A is on crack for trying to defend how fair his deal was. if a manager offered me this trade i'd take in a heartbeat, but what is pissing me off most is that Team A is trying his hardest to prove this is a fair deal.