1. Full season. This is an obvious one. With the lockout dragging on, and even the last ditch salvation, it didn't have the same feel to it. Partly to do with having to prepare and draft in September, only for it to drag on before finally starting in January. It went so quickly I hardly got into it. Next season it's back to normal, and look forward to a proper season.
2. Breakouts vs slumps vs outliers. Due to the shortened season, there were some players that took a big step forward, others took a big step backward. Whose breakouts/slumps were real? Whose were outliers? It would be interesting to see what a full season does to some of these players. Fantasy wise, it will also be interesting to see how these players are perceived in the draft and beyond.
3. My teams: Calgary and Ottawa. Calgary's my favourite team, and Ottawa's my home team. Although the Flames will likely go through some tough times in the short term, I'm intrigued to see how it will go next season, the first full one without Iginla, Kiprusoff (if definite), Tanguay and others. How will the young guys fare? Who, if any, will break out? As for the Sens, can they build on this season? Can Spezza stay healthy and Karlsson regain his top level. First season with Bobby Ryan - will he fit well? A lot of questions for both teams, and although I won't get to see them play, I will definitely be following their progress.
4. Dobber league promotion. I had joined my first Entry league last season - my first weekly league as well - and was very fortunate to finish on top of the division, which promotes me to the Pro leagues next season. It'll be a new challenge - first league without PIM as well - so hopefully I will be able to compete with a new group. My goal is to win and be promoted to the experts - no easy task but I'm up for the challenge.
5. Rocky Horror Roto Show. Going into its third season, and I've had mixed fortunes. I narrowly lost out on the title in the first year, and I struggled last season. Sure doesn't help when you draft Bryzgalov and Varlamov as your top two goalies - ha! Hopefully won't make a similar mistake again. It's bounce back time!
Thanks for reading. Feel free to share your own.